IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

10 minutes ago, dcom said:

Yeah, I've also written some scripts to download things, but it's tedious AF. I've written several improvement suggestion emails to Bandcamp support regarding handling large collections (I've got 3355 items in my collection, 95+ % of which are multi-track releases). They won't implement an API, selectable item multi-downloads, better searching and sorting tools, or anything that would make it easier to manage a metric eff-ton of releases. They "have received your suggestions, but have no immediate plans to blah blah blah..." Being a web software professional I would love a REST API to at least get my collection metadata, even better if they would allow scriptable downloads. But no. FWP FML.

It's tough I guess for them, they really don't want to be seen as just another streaming service, which is fair (and laudable), but they really do need to do something to address sorting of collections.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I added some sugar to my coffee from a ziplock baggie.  Yeah, that was salt.  Still drinking.  Isn't as bad as you might think... but it's not good.

...this must be at least 10 times as much salt as i would ever eat in one meal.

Dude. Dude. Gross. 

I have a related SWFP by proxy: one of my coworkers salts his coffee (deliberately). Just a little, he claims, to neutralize the acidity or something. I don't know. He also eats dry cereal with a spoon. I really enjoy his company, but those are some truly indefensible breakfast habits. 

• Burger 2

21 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I added some sugar to my coffee from a ziplock baggie.  Yeah, that was salt.  Still drinking.  Isn't as bad as you might think... but it's not good.

...this must be at least 10 times as much salt as i would ever eat in one meal.

I've started using fish sauce as a substitute for salt.  It's making my cooking much more flavorful, I'd recommend it.

• Burger 1

48 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

I've started using fish sauce as a substitute for salt.  It's making my cooking much more flavorful, I'd recommend it.

I got gout from too much fish sauce, using it in none thai dishes.  Do not recommend. 

19 hours ago, drillkicker said:

You're right, I was probably just using the wrong kind of salt.  Next coffee's getting a tablespoon of fish sauce.

• Big Brain 1

41 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

You're right, I was probably just using the wrong kind of salt.  Next coffee's getting a tablespoon of fish sauce.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Big Brain 1

On 8/27/2021 at 12:07 AM, drillkicker said:

It’s also very salty.

selling some modular stuff on line and dealing with flakes and entitled assholes who need their handheld and ask 5000 questions because they're too stupid or too lazy to RTFM. 

edit: sold a thing on a forum. dude sent payment but didn't include his shipping address. have messaged him 3 times "pls send shipping address" because i have this fear of dropping dead or getting hit by a bus and there's his package witting ready to go but w/o shipping information so oh well. sorry. i died. you should've sent me shipping address. 

Edited by ignatius

Moving into a new place tomorrow, so my van's currently full of heavy things and I don't want to do any driving... and holy fuck am I ever bored.  I don't remember the last time I was this bored.  Guess I've been using delivery driving as a crutch, because any time I find myself with nothing to do I just start a shift.  Guess my life's been pretty empty for the past few months!

Got a baseline paycheck for the first time since the beginning of 2020. Reason being I haved turned down overtime for the last 3 rest weeks after nightshifts because I am spending all my time with new lady.

I need to get back on the overtime gravytrain

Love/Fun/Happiness > squids

10 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Guess my life's been pretty empty for the past few months!

I seem to recall you had a nice little excursion into the land of shroomicals...that's gotta count for something right?

4 hours ago, zero said:

I seem to recall you had a nice little excursion into the land of shroomicals...that's gotta count for something right?

Haha that excursion was not very nice.  The theme was profound isolation, and the unbridgeable gaps between us all.  It was basically the opposite of and ecstasy experience... which is my ideal drug experience.  Fentanyl killed that party.

I saw a guy today who looked exactly like Vlad the Impaler does in the paintings and he even had a beanie that looked a bit like his hat.

portret_of_vlad_the_impaler_2.jpg

So my neighborhood is possibly stalked by Dracula.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zkom said:

I saw a guy today who looked exactly like Vlad the Impaler does in the paintings and he even had a beanie that looked a bit like his hat.

portret_of_vlad_the_impaler_2.jpg

So my neighborhood is possibly stalked by Dracula.

mr. Impaler himself, that's a rare honor, zkom

Here's a stupid first world luxury problem. Back in early May I got contacted by a recruiter with a mildly interesting job offer and since I was under a threat to be laid off I decided to go to the interview because might as well. They didn't seem happy about what I was asking for in terms of salary and remote work possibilities and after the interview I didn't hear a word from them. I thought that's rude but fine it isn't worth my time to try to ask them what's going on. Anyway the lay-off got cancelled also so what's the point?

Then after almost 4 months hearing nothing from them I got mail that they gave really good feedback about me and want to have a second interview.:facepalm: What the fuck kind of recruitment process is this? Now trying to think of a way to subtly tell them to fuck off. "I'll get back to you in January" or something.

• Facepalm 1

What the fuck kind of recruitment process is this? Now trying to think of a way to subtly tell them to fuck off. "I'll get back to you in January" or something.

“I’m currently contracted until ______”

Also. Lol. Wtf. 4 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/2/2021 at 5:30 AM, zkom said:

Here's a stupid first world luxury problem. Back in early May I got contacted by a recruiter with a mildly interesting job offer and since I was under a threat to be laid off I decided to go to the interview because might as well. They didn't seem happy about what I was asking for in terms of salary and remote work possibilities and after the interview I didn't hear a word from them. I thought that's rude but fine it isn't worth my time to try to ask them what's going on. Anyway the lay-off got cancelled also so what's the point?

Then after almost 4 months hearing nothing from them I got mail that they gave really good feedback about me and want to have a second interview.:facepalm: What the fuck kind of recruitment process is this? Now trying to think of a way to subtly tell them to fuck off. "I'll get back to you in January" or something.

I'd take a guess they hired someone who didn't work out, and are now coming back to their original list of interviewees. regardless, completely unprofessional they never at least let you know you didn't get the position 4 months ago.

anyone that's had to job hunt in the internet age would certainly agree that the recruitment/hiring process throughout just about every industry completely and totally sucks. it is a frustrating game we all must go through and I absolutely hate it. I have been toying with the idea of moving to a different company, but as soon as I start looking at job boards, linkedin, etc., I almost have an anxiety attack thinking about how much BS is involved in applying & interviewing, and I hit a hard stop right there. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 11:30 AM, zkom said:

Jesus. Give them some constructive feedback ? There are some good recruiters out there, but I've met mostly tools. Had an instance when they asked me to confirm my resignation and start date before I'd even seen the contract, just a verbal "you have the job." was sufficient for them. 

• Like 1

Socializing IRL is exhausting, especially when I have to talk about work, what I did over the weekend, be subjected to peer pressure to get laid/find a partner, etc. I much prefer the online option via comments and posts based on actual common interests.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1