IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

my computer fried in the recent scottish heatwave and i lost an 8 year, 450gig collection of incredible music. im also djing for a weeklong residency in mallorca in july and i now im pretty fucked.

i also lost every piece of music ive ever made. and shitloads of good synth software.

im kind of numb from loss right now, and enjoying some tequila, hopefully il cheer up in the next few hours

Edited by messiaen

This morning my father got hit by some asshole running the light. He's ok (just a little sore) but he's vehicle was totaled. Weird, how the older I get the more I worry about my parents like I'm the adult and they're the child.

:sad:

Guest Sprigg
my computer fried in the recent scottish heatwave and i lost an 8 year, 450gig collection of incredible music. im also djing for a weeklong residency in mallorca in july and i now im pretty fucked.

i also lost every piece of music ive ever made. and shitloads of good synth software.

im kind of numb from loss right now, and enjoying some tequila, hopefully il cheer up in the next few hours

Damn man, sorry to hear that! :cry: mine died a few months ago, lost all my projects as well... terrible feeling.

I got a new power supply for my laptop, only to find out I somehow bought one with too small a plug... now I have to return it and buy another.

my computer fried in the recent scottish heatwave and i lost an 8 year, 450gig collection of incredible music.

Try the hard drive freezer trick. Worked for me.

fuck messaien, sorry to hear that. Have you tried stuff? You are probably tech savvy, but the hard drive might be fine if the rest of the laptop has failed, etc etc. Also, data recovery is expensive but often somewhat effective.

fuk !!

Contact everybody. They are sure to have some of your songs.

Everyone on this page has serious problems, so let me cheapen it by saying:

I bought some Glenrothes Select Reserve for $50 on the strength of the Glenrothes reputation, and it's pretty disappointing.

This morning my father got hit by some asshole running the light. He's ok (just a little sore) but he's vehicle was totaled. Weird, how the older I get the more I worry about my parents like I'm the adult and they're the child.

:sad:

while i totally understand that worrying about ones parents is something that really blossoms as you grow into adulthood (my mom has said for the past ten or fifteen years that she doesn't want to live any later than 70-something, and she's currently 63 :\), how are you not understanding that your father is obviously impenetrable to cars now?

FWP today: was bummed out, bought a cool puerto rican religious candle and immediately dropped it on my countertop when i unbagged it, both shattering the glass jar of the candle, and chipping my kitchen countertop.

bPWFn.jpg

however, I later realized that first world problems are actually as stupid as the name suggests, and enjoyed a night of phone calling a friend and drinking whiskey+cokes.

fuck messaien, sorry to hear that. Have you tried stuff? You are probably tech savvy, but the hard drive might be fine if the rest of the laptop has failed, etc etc. Also, data recovery is expensive but often somewhat effective.

the drives are in tech support just now, its not looking hopeful. basically they got completely covered in dust over the 7 years ive had the pc, and then in the ultra heat the fan broke and the dust set on fire. it is literally pretty much destroyed.

anyway i went out and had a good night last night, im seeing shed and addison groove tonight. ive got the internet and a what.cd account, and a positive outlook on life, so its all good. il just start again. and ive still got all my vinyl aswell.

I want to enjoy playing Diablo 3 but it's not satisfying. I'm kinda glad I haven't bought it (yet).

Being unsatisfied with a computer game is a serious first world problem.

not so much a first world problem as a first world solution, but i just bought 150gig of 2012 deep techno tunes for 200 quid off one of my favourite djs. panic averted.

hmm, that's strange.. did he then share the £200 between the artists in that collection? or did he cut and paste the collection to you, and now just getting unreleased stuff with 2013 release date?

I can't seem to write a concise pop song, all of my songs go off on ridiculous tangents. I've been writing a shoegaze rock song for four years, it has six distinct sections and is probably around 8 minutes long.

At the very least, each section is pretty catchy, but I can't seem to cut it down into a nice short pop song!

Edited by modey

i bought some paté... i dunno what has happened but i don't like paté anymore (maybe because i'm taking vitamins with iron etc in it, maybe a deficiency enhanced the eating experience before), it's like fucking cat food. certainly don't want to eat it on toast. can't afford fillet of beef for beef wellington, don't even want that anyway...

don't know any other uses for pate.

i'm considering doing some kind of peasant thing, like mixing it up with potatoes and cabbage, or something, like something you might do with corned beef...

any ideas though?

yeah that should disguise it well. i think part of the problem is i need better bread. i find eating pate on crackers an irritating experience.

Well, of course it wouldn't be very good by itself on a cracker. But combine it with some nice cheese and maybe a little bit of nice cured meat, and fuck yeah it'd be awesome!

i always thought the best use for pate is cat food.

or i read something the other day about how eunuchs(sp?) in china (or somewhere else) used to smear pate on their genitals and set wild dogs on them to chew them off. i mean that's how they became eunuchs.

i might have imagined this whole thing now i think about it.