IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

lol - i joked to my friend who is crashing here that the tenant below would complain as soon as I opened the microwave door.  10 minutes later, a text from my landlord.  Amazing.  Been sitting on the couch all night either reading or watching Norm MacDonald clips with headphones on.  My friend's been sleeping in the same room. Definitely going through with the bag of spiders into the balcony hammock plan.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

lol - i joked to my friend who is crashing here that the tenant below would complain as soon as I opened the microwave door.  10 minutes later, a text from my landlord.  Amazing.  Been sitting on the couch all night either reading or watching Norm MacDonald clips with headphones on.  My friend's been sleeping in the same room. Definitely going through with the bag of spiders into the balcony hammock plan.

You're not off to a good start zeph.

3 hours ago, zkom said:

I'm staying in a hotel for this week and either the walls are really thin or the guy in the neighboring room snores really loudly.

One work trip years ago had me next to a dude that was screaming his head off one morning, he sounded like he was possessed by demon. Real guttural screams, fortunately I checked out that day. 

6 hours ago, zkom said:

I'm staying in a hotel for this week and either the walls are really thin or the guy in the neighboring room snores really loudly.

traveled with my dad several years ago who snores loudly or did until he got the sleep apnea machine thing.. anyway.. we shared a room and i ended up dragging thee comforter off my bed into the bathroom and closing the door and sleeping on the floor because jfc dad. the next time i saw my step mother i asked her how tf she can live w/this man who snores like the sound of chortling farts. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

is it too late to move? that guy sounds like a total ass to complain about stuff like that. couldn't imagine living in a place where I had to remain cognizant of whether or not this will result in a neighbor complaint or not.

or you just say fuggit and go to war with him

55 minutes ago, zero said:

is it too late to move? that guy sounds like a total ass to complain about stuff like that. couldn't imagine living in a place where I had to remain cognizant of whether or not this will result in a neighbor complaint or not.

or you just say fuggit and go to war with him

Oh it was a fluke I got this place, as the housing market here is insane.  I know a lot of people who have been looking for months-a year with no luck.  I found this place in a couple months, and only viewed 6 places.  The apartment itself is great in most ways, aside from this asshole neighbour.  Sounds like my landlord is on my side and agrees the guy is being an unreasonable dink.  Sadly I don't think a tenant can be evicted for being a whiny little bitch.

I'm back with even more info on my mundane problem.  (It's your now, watmm.)

Apartment manager caught me outside while I was approaching my van (he was trimming the lawn).  Said it was the same problem with the last two tenants in my apartment, but in those cases he thought the tenants were on the noisier side, whereas he doesn't believe I am.  Luckily the asshole downstairs wants to move to a two bedroom anyway, and one is opening up elsewhere in the building.  So he thinks that will resolve the problem (at least for me.... I imagine the guy will complain about anyone who lives on the other side of his ceiling).

• Like 2

Just now, toaoaoad said:

It's true, they can't.  But don't go to war if you can avoid it. I've been in that situation too many times and in fact currently find myself in that situation. It sucks. Much better to get off to a good start before there's so much hostiliy that it's too late

See my post above for the riveting update.  The war cannot be avoided though, at least not while I continue existing above this guy's apartment.  It's his war entirely.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Fish tanks always escalate fast.  I had a friend who got into it in grade 12, and over the next god knows how many years he must have pumped thousands of dollars into that thing.

So basically the eurorack of pets?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

A good friend of mine got realllly into fish tanks last year, it escalated fast

4 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Fish tanks always escalate fast.  I had a friend who got into it in grade 12, and over the next god knows how many years he must have pumped thousands of dollars into that thing.

Yeah I’ve heard the little 10 gallon tanks are just the gateway drug. Will let you know when I’ve developed a more serious habit. 

• Like 1

fwp: boss sent my dept an email about how we're not communicating effectively and specifically called out a mistake I made. I replied immediately asking someone from the team to call me so I can correct what had happened. I also immediately texted said boss and asked if they would call me. Seven days later, no one has replied. Boss has now ignored 3 texts on separate subjects that need their attention, but replies immediately if the answer is "ask so-and-so." JFC. 

• Haha 1

Seems boss person isn't interested in effective communication after all.

Edited by Silent Member

5 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Been out of work for about a year and a half and been stay-at-home-dadding for almost 11 months of it (which has been great) but my unemployment just ran out and my wife lost her job. A bit scary ?

ack. that sucks.. but maybe you can trade places now. she can go for the benefits and you can find work?  regardless she should apply asap for benefits if no job is on the horizon. 

good luck. i hope it's less stressful soon!

• Thanks 1