IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

McD employee asked if I wanted the double cheese quarter pounder maple bacon disaster burger.  I thought that meant two slices of cheese, which seems reasonable.  It meant two giant dried out disgusting patties instead.  FML.  Completely inedible.  I'd barely eaten all day though, so I still ate more than half of it.  It's crazy just how bad their new burger ideas are... you'd think they'd have a board of master McChefs coming up with stuff that are enjoyable enough to want to buy a second time?  I'm not great at math, but I think that leads to greater profit... guess they're doing okay though.

1 hour ago, Alcofribas said:

guess my heart is a bit broken now. i got ghosted 

Did you... join "the apps"?

The ghosting thing is outta control.  It's the norm to show a total disregard for the feelings of any person you don't have to see in your day to day life.  People are the worst.  My assumption now is that anyone I match with will ghost either right away or within a couple messages.  When that doesn't happen it's a pleasant surprise.  Really sucks though if someone does that after in person contact has been established and you have some history.  That's borderline sociopathic, but... also disturbingly common.

• Like 1

FWP: facebook algorithms finally figured out what products I might be tempted to buy.  Only took them 15 years.  Of course now I just resent that it's being pushed in my face, so I'm going to avoid those sites altogether.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

11 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Did you... join "the apps"?

The ghosting thing is outta control.  It's the norm to show a total disregard for the feelings of any person you don't have to see in your day to day life.  People are the worst.  My assumption now is that anyone I match with will ghost either right away or within a couple messages.  When that doesn't happen it's a pleasant surprise.  Really sucks though if someone does that after in person contact has been established and you have some history.  That's borderline sociopathic, but... also disturbingly common.

Actually just someone I met irl. I hate meeting people lol what is the point of this

23 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

It meant two giant dried out disgusting patties instead.

i never understood the idea that doubling the amount of meat in a burger makes it twice as good. flavor is not cumulative i that way.  insanity

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alcofribas said:

Actually just someone I met irl. I hate meeting people lol what is the point of this

Ahh damn.  I didn't know irl people were ghosting now too.  Sorry to hear it.

8 hours ago, nikisoko said:

i never understood the idea that doubling the amount of meat in a burger makes it twice as good. flavor is not cumulative i that way.  insanity

Doubling the regular patty kind of makes sense due to how thin it is.  But double quarters is grotesque.

7 hours ago, yekker said:

Can we talk about the increase in pricing at McDonald's? It used to be the cheapest fastfood to eat and now I can think of many other places I'd rather eat. 

McD's has always been pretty much the worst place.  Sadly, a lot of the time it's all that's open when I realize I urgently need food (at least, within a reasonable distance).

McD’s makes me feel really bad for the cows, to be honest. Like, I’m not vegan or vegetarian but imagine being a cool and sensitive creature like a cow and then dying to become food and you’re thinking hey I’m a cow so at least I’ll be turned into something truly exceptional and delicious but you end up as some dry grey flavorless slab at a macadonaru’s and get scarfed down by some sad fuck who feels absolutely nothing but burgeoning regret.  I can think of nothing worse except maybe if the sad fuck also dips you in ranch dressing in search of lost flavor. 

Edited by baph
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Farnsworth 1

my goto in McD's (which is like twice a year) used to always be the 1/4 pounder with cheese, I swear to god it used to be juicy and good. We're talking early 00s here.

Now it is exactly that, dry and gross. I go with the fillet o fish these days.

• Burger 1

Imagine the shock and dismay I endured upon inspecting the multipack of Cadbury's Flake bars i bought last Thursday afternoon, when I discover they are uniformly pulverized beyond recognition. Although the joys of a Flake bar in no small way are down to their unique flakeyness, the satisfyingly dry and airy crumble ought never to occur prior to consumption. The handling of the brown gold requires a degree of care similar to that of priceless chinaware. One would be a fool, however, to allow dire situations as this to dampen ones mood, and I intend therefore not to allow my frame of mind to suffer a fate similar to that of the chocs, and have decided to make a delicious mug of coco from their powdery remains

On 9/18/2021 at 1:33 AM, nikisoko said:

Yeah but a good smash burger is fucking really good. 

• Like 1

I’ve been fucked for almost 3 weeks with a seismic back and left calf muscle spasm. The calf went first then a few hours later the lower back went. Ever since then I’ve been almost crippled or lurching around like The Hunchback. It’s been miserable and depressing. Even though it’s worked in the past for me I stopped taking naproxen because there was no progress being made (apart from giving me the most fucked up dreams I’ve ever had, and my normal dreams are trippy as fuck anyway). So all I’ve been doing is sat at home, stretching twice a day and drinking to take the edge off the boredom and the thought that I feel like an old crippled man. And watching films/Netflix. It’s just dawned on me in the last few hours I’ve been getting in and out of a chair without yelping like a wounded animal. I do believe I maybe out of the woods. But it’s been a tough 3 weeks.

I have some advice. If you use those E Scooters, ones without suspension, and you are naturally heavy built. Beware because it was one of those that did the damage. Every bump or kerb you go up or over the shock vibrates up your spine. And it will build up and up until your back gives way. That’s the culprit.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

I’ve been fucked for almost 3 weeks with a seismic back and left calf muscle spasm. The calf went first then a few hours later the lower back went. Ever since then I’ve been almost crippled or lurching around like The Hunchback. It’s been miserable and depressing. Even though it’s worked in the past for me I stopped taking naproxen because there was no progress being made (apart from giving me the most fucked up dreams I’ve ever had, and my normal dreams are trippy as fuck anyway). So all I’ve been doing is sat at home, stretching twice a day and drinking to take the edge off the boredom and the thought that I feel like an old crippled man. And watching films/Netflix. It’s just dawned on me in the last few hours I’ve been getting in and out of a chair without yelping like a wounded animal. I do believe I maybe out of the woods. But it’s been a tough 3 weeks.

I have some advice. If you use those E Scooters, ones without suspension, and you are naturally heavy built. Beware because it was one of those that did the damage. Every bump or kerb you go up or over the shock vibrates up your spine. And it will build up and up until your back gives way. That’s the culprit.

have had back problems for ages w/serious spasms and long stretches of dealing with pain etc.  regular massage therapy.. once in a while chiropractic adjustment (my ribs get all wacky and painful) and a foam roller plus daily stretching and movement help keeep things at bay.. july/august were difficult because it was hard to do my routine because fatigue from treatment made things challenging.. and the last 2-3 weeks have been rough for the back.. upper then lower spasms.. got massage last friday for first time since pandemic started. instantly helped.. this morning saw the chiro and got my ribs adjusted and afterwards felt like i might fall asleep in the car because of the release of tension. 

if you don't have a foam roller get one. really helpful to roll out the back and hips.. stretch your hamstrings like a mofo every day... find a routine.. it's the only thing that saves me from being hobbled. 

3 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Have you seen a physiotherapist? To me it sounds like muscle cramping which would fit well with the e-scooter thing because you would (unconsciously) tense up every time you experience or anticipate a shock. It's been a recurring thing for me over the last few years and I'd be in a similar position with leg involvement and not being able to move about without having tears welling up. I got some stretching exercises and if I vigorously stretch every hour when I'm having another bout of the cramps I'm able to go back to normal within 2 or 3 days where previously I'd be out of commission for at least 2 weeks. Something to consider. Hope you feel all better soon, the depression that tends to go along with shit like this really got to me last time. Fucking shit.

Edited by user

4 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

I've been concerned that I might have schizophrenia but my health insurance doesn't cover psychotherapy.  I really want someone to tell me with certainty that I don't have it.

https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline

if you google 'mental health resources' and include the name of your city or county you'll find some options that might start you on the path to finding help regardless of your insurance situation

21 minutes ago, ignatius said:

https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline

if you google 'mental health resources' and include the name of your city or county you'll find some options that might start you on the path to finding help regardless of your insurance situation

Ok I can try that tomorrow.  Unfortunately I live in a city that's filled with homeless schizos so it makes me feel like it's a pretty hopeless situation.