IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

i have a package coming from shanghai. it's supposed to be here today as per the tracking notification i got yesterday. i tracked it this morning and it's in fucking louisville kentucky for some reason!

it went china -> south korea -> anchorage alaska -> kentucky.. .WTF why leave the west coast to go to the ass end of the south to kentucky? why not go to LA or seattle or something. these logistics suck. i'm sure it won't be here today unless by magic. 

tiny violins

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i have a package coming from shanghai. it's supposed to be here today as per the tracking notification i got yesterday. i tracked it this morning and it's in fucking louisville kentucky for some reason!

it went china -> south korea -> anchorage alaska -> kentucky.. .WTF why leave the west coast to go to the ass end of the south to kentucky? why not go to LA or seattle or something. these logistics suck. i'm sure it won't be here today unless by magic. 

tiny violins

I feel you. Having my own delivery troubles. Magical claims of delivery after sending failed attempt notifications. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ignatius said:

tiny violins

there's a conspiracy theory lurking here somewhere...an evil republican strategy involved to subvert all chinese packages going to a west coast state to an R stronghold perhaps? turtle man pulling some strings to piss off chinese package recipients in dem states? I'm sure if you posted what you said on twitter, they would come up with some grand ideas. some of which people would fall for.

but I have seen the same awkward package routing for domestic shipments as well. AI needs to wake up already to make all this work without the threat of human error.

• Farnsworth 1

(third world first world problem sorry)

turns out my whole building is a fire hazard

electrician came by today for a small repair

the whole electricity is old as fuck, ungrounded, unsafe and a total fire hazard

oh AND mtl housing is in crisis, i have no money, no credit, it will be extremely difficult to move and find a place

AND the landlord is an old senile lady that dont give a fuck

AND as the system is rigged we still have to pay rent to live in a place where we could die burned alive

lol

probably gonna move back to my dad place or something but he's also an alcoholic

pray for my ass Watmm, shit is about to go down

i am just stunned by this shit

Edited by thefxbip
  • Sad 8

There's this woman from the dating apps that I'm very attracted to.  We matched maybe a couple months ago... (checks tinder account) scratch that - we matched in fucking May.  So I guess we've been friends for a while.  Every time we hang out the conversation's really good, we'll listen to music together for a couple hours, it's always a fun time.  But I don't get the sense that the attraction aspect is mutual.  I've been thinking about broaching the subject for a while... several months apparently hahaha.  She obviously likes me quite a bit, as we've hung out at least once every couple weeks.  And usually she's the one to initiate the hang out plans.  I attribute that mostly to her being fucking awful at returning texts.  Typically, we'll hang out, it seems like we really connect.  Then I'll message her afterward and she'll just ignore it.  A week or more passes and then I'll get a random message from her.  Last night it was asking me if I've been to this specific pub she discovered.  I have not.  Anyway... we'll probably go there soon.  Problem is, there are always these long gaps between hang outs, and while it's always great when we're together in person, it's difficult to really build upon that with the cold shoulder treatment I get afterward.  Been dealing with this stupid infatuation for a while now, and still find her behaviour just as confounding as I did at the start.  I really value our friendship and don't want to fuck that up.  But I think if she ends up finding someone I'll always be left wondering if I ever had a chance that I simply failed to take.  Rationally, I know there are many reasons why it's a bad idea.  She's not into monogamy, she wants a partner she only sees occasionally, she's way younger, and she kind of intimidates me.  But for this whole time, she's the only woman I've met that I'm actually into romantically.  (To be fair, I haven't had many options.) God damn it.  Anyway, since i don't have a blog, this is going here.  Cringe with me.

20 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

Sucks to hear MTL is in a housing crisis too. I thought it was better there than Toronto/Vancouver/Victoria which of course are all notoriously inflated beyond fuck. I'm in vic myself and feel like I have to cling to what I have... wanna move to vancouver but f man, it's just not realistic anymore, even living with multiple roommates would cost more than what I pay now for my own place (and I only have this because I got lucky). It's rough out there man, hope you can find something decent.

Getting worse each year in MTL.

Rent tripled in like 7 years. Toronto 2.0 in the making. Still not as bad but its gonna become like this eventually.

All artists are gonna leave and its gonna die culturally if it continues. And its gonna become another empty shell of a city.

Ugh. Landlords man. They just have to fuck everyone up eh?

Thx mate.Its gonna be a rough few months ahead but im confident ill find a way, if only temporary.

In the market for a new phone but astonished at how large phones have gotten. Already thought my phone from 4 years ago was too big (Moto G5 Plus) but now the standard budget phone is even larger. Every choice feels like a compromise. 

23 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

I'm in vic myself and feel like I have to cling to what I have... wanna move to vancouver but f man, it's just not realistic anymore, even living with multiple roommates would cost more than what I pay now for my own place.

Ugh, yep.  Last couple months it feels like I've been working constantly, yet it's only ever just enough to cover living expenses.  Feels completely futile and pointless.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

There's this woman from the dating apps that I'm very attracted to.  We matched maybe a couple months ago... (checks tinder account) scratch that - we matched in fucking May.  So I guess we've been friends for a while.  Every time we hang out the conversation's really good, we'll listen to music together for a couple hours, it's always a fun time.  But I don't get the sense that the attraction aspect is mutual.  I've been thinking about broaching the subject for a while... several months apparently hahaha.  She obviously likes me quite a bit, as we've hung out at least once every couple weeks.  And usually she's the one to initiate the hang out plans.  I attribute that mostly to her being fucking awful at returning texts.  Typically, we'll hang out, it seems like we really connect.  Then I'll message her afterward and she'll just ignore it.  A week or more passes and then I'll get a random message from her.  Last night it was asking me if I've been to this specific pub she discovered.  I have not.  Anyway... we'll probably go there soon.  Problem is, there are always these long gaps between hang outs, and while it's always great when we're together in person, it's difficult to really build upon that with the cold shoulder treatment I get afterward.  Been dealing with this stupid infatuation for a while now, and still find her behaviour just as confounding as I did at the start.  I really value our friendship and don't want to fuck that up.  But I think if she ends up finding someone I'll always be left wondering if I ever had a chance that I simply failed to take.  Rationally, I know there are many reasons why it's a bad idea.  She's not into monogamy, she wants a partner she only sees occasionally, she's way younger, and she kind of intimidates me.  But for this whole time, she's the only woman I've met that I'm actually into romantically.  (To be fair, I haven't had many options.) God damn it.  Anyway, since i don't have a blog, this is going here.  Cringe with me.

This sounds like the proper romantic mindfuck alright hahaha

Hate these kind of blurry situations so much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Just straight up ask her. If you don't you'll simply spend way too much time thinking about it - and worse, one day she'll tell you she's met this wonderful guy. I had that happen once. So ask her and it'll end your "suffering" - or maybe make you very happy.

Rip the bandaid off.

EDIT: Also, you seem like a pretty stand up guy. You shouldn't let anyone treat you like that.

EDIT2: You know what? Fuck her. She doesn't deserve you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

lol thanks for the input, and the kind words.  At first I was put off by the text thing, but then I realized it was just a weird consistent pattern of behaviour for her, not just with me but in general.  She's pretty awesome really.  But she's hard to read, and I know struggles with shit like PTSD, and gets stressed out easily.  So i don't take the cold shoulder thing personally.  She does make and effort to keep hanging out.  Which is actually pretty rare.  You're right of course though, I just need to bring it up already.  I've been aware of that for months now, hahaha... also my sense of time is completely fucked.

2 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

Tripled?!  Goddamn. Yeah it's really disgusting what landlords have been allowed to do.  I always thought of Montreal as a city I could potentially afford to live, although it's just a vague idea for me, actually getting out there. I can't even speak French lol.  Vancouver is still the most likely next big move for me, just have no idea how I'll afford it, or how long I'll be able to stand the people there lol.  For climate BC is the best place to be, but culturally it's a bit of a wasteland tbh. Not sure how I'd tolerate the extreme seasons out east.  Anyway it's fucked how the housing crisis can taint a person's perspective on what is even possible in life. If it wasn't an issue I would have just moved to Toronto a few years ago probably.  But now it's like, I have a home, I better stay here and make the most of it.

Yeah anything between doubled and tripled and its becoming a big problem even in shitty areas.

Apartment that could have gone for 600 , ten years ago are now 1400,1800 etc

Whole families not being able to find places.

The city is being eaten alive by a few ultra predatory real estate sharks. Disgusting thing to witness.

• Sad 2

I got a phone call yesterday morning from the secretary at work. She tells me I have to hand in the keys for my Monday job. I ask why and she says "oh didn't anyone tell you yet we lost the contract for that job".

What a way to wake up

To be fair my boss is being very accommodating for me until I find more work but I hate the fact that things are up in the air and I don't know what is next for me. Positive vibes.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Danny O Flannagin said:

In the market for a new phone but astonished at how large phones have gotten. Already thought my phone from 4 years ago was too big (Moto G5 Plus) but now the standard budget phone is even larger. Every choice feels like a compromise. 

SAME
The side buttons on my moto g6 just started acting up and I really don't want to have to get a new phone. I wanted my next phone to be smaller, not larger, but everything seems to have trended larger. Pixel 4a seems to be the only smaller option released in the last few years, but it is discontinued (and apparently had mediocre battery life). Iphone 12/13 mini are pretty much the only small option, and i'd rather not go apple (have nothing else in that ecosystem, and they are also more $$$ than I would like to spend). SIGH

2 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

positive beer GIF by Ethan Barnowsky

--  seriously tho that sucks yekker, but good to hear you have an accommodating boss. Are people still able to fall back on COVID-related financial assistance or is that a thing of the past now? 

Also what's with all the legitimate problems in this thread guys.  I just cut the roof of my mouth to shreds eating some "krinkle cut" chips, fml. 

Thanks dude. I haven't taken financial assistance hmm I dunno. It's a bit scary, I don't like change, I'm a creature of habit.

10 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

How's it going with your neighbour btw? Lol

And yeah just tell her how you feel! (re: your other situation)
[Edit:  Do it in person tho. Stuff like this is a mess in text]

He hasn't complained in a while.  Makes me wonder if he ended up moving into that 2 bedroom suite elsewhere in the building (which was the landlord's hope... though it will only mean he'll have someone else to complain about).

Yeah, I def wouldn't do it over text, especially given her reply track record.  Although finding a good moment to do it in person is really hard.  

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 10:03 PM, markedone said:

SAME
The side buttons on my moto g6 just started acting up and I really don't want to have to get a new phone. I wanted my next phone to be smaller, not larger, but everything seems to have trended larger. Pixel 4a seems to be the only smaller option released in the last few years, but it is discontinued (and apparently had mediocre battery life). Iphone 12/13 mini are pretty much the only small option, and i'd rather not go apple (have nothing else in that ecosystem, and they are also more $$$ than I would like to spend). SIGH

Yea I ended up ordering a refurbished Pixel 4a. I had a chance to feel out a Pixel 5 which has similar dimensions and its definitely a goldilocks phone when it comes to size. The battery is kind of a bummer but not a deal breaker, and theres always the option to bring a portable battery/charger for longer trips. 

Hoping that when I need another phone in 3-4 years, the market will edge smaller

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2021 at 7:31 PM, thefxbip said:

Yeah anything between doubled and tripled and its becoming a big problem even in shitty areas.

Apartment that could have gone for 600 , ten years ago are now 1400,1800 etc

Whole families not being able to find places.

The city is being eaten alive by a few ultra predatory real estate sharks. Disgusting thing to witness.

rents & housing prices in just about every urban area in N. America are insane right now. I keep hearing about an exodus from larger metros to smaller towns further away. but that's like for the crowd that is already established work wise, can do the 100% remote thing. for those just starting out, work in service industry, etc., I just have no clue how they are supposed to live when housing is this unaffordable. don't know where this is all headed. can't see it all going back to prices from 10 years ago, may dip a bit, but still gonna be more than it should be.

Edited by zero
  • Like 1