IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Continuing with the public transport systems, check out this PisMover, I mean PisaMover logo that is not at all easy to misread

C7dKE2-XQAAs-ms?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ambermonke said:

I don't understand all of this stupid NFT bullshit. I mean, who knew a picture of a cartoon monke could be a commodity worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

hip money laundering scheme

you get mass dough through crypto, then get a tax write off by buying nfts, and you're set

Edited by cichlisuite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I dropped my phone just before cooking dinner. In an attempt to catch it from falling, I smacked it into my nuts and it fell to the floor anyway.  This was about an hour and a half ago.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, ambermonke said:

I dropped my phone just before cooking dinner. In an attempt to catch it from falling, I smacked it into my nuts and it fell to the floor anyway.  This was about an hour and a half ago.

relatable. 

i've learned that when dropping certain things it's best to let them fall or risk smacking a knife into my foot or getting a jammed finger or something else equal to stubbing my toe/knee on a coffee table. 

• Like 2

Removed the spout from my portafilter and pulled a shot of espresso. It sprayed all around my kitchen table and it pissed me off lol 

Guess I know now i was pulling trashy shots all along, gotta find out how to fix it. Pretty frustrating

I've been playing an online game recently that relies on having a mic/comms.  It's pretty popular in N america, Europe and UK and the UK servers are usually evenly mixed.  By far and away the most toxic players are the Brits (with the possible exceptions of the French and the Russians, but they tend to be far fewer).  Within that, the scousers and mancs are by some distance the worst offenders.  Everyone knows how absolutely awful mancs are, but I haven't had any dealings with proper scousers for years and I'd forgotten just how whiny and passive aggressive (or overtly aggressive if they've had a drink) they are.  The Scots are always drunk, no matter the time of day.  Strangely the yanks are pretty much universally nice, even the ones with overtly maga usernames.  The dutch are the friendliest, but the germans are funnier.  I'm having long term prejudices both compounded and torn apart and I'm not sure how I feel about this.      

• Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, kakapo said:

I've been playing an online game recently that relies on having a mic/comms.  It's pretty popular in N america, Europe and UK and the UK servers are usually evenly mixed.  By far and away the most toxic players are the Brits (with the possible exceptions of the French and the Russians, but they tend to be far fewer).  Within that, the scousers and mancs are by some distance the worst offenders.  Everyone knows how absolutely awful mancs are, but I haven't had any dealings with proper scousers for years and I'd forgotten just how whiny and passive aggressive (or overtly aggressive if they've had a drink) they are.  The Scots are always drunk, no matter the time of day.  Strangely the yanks are pretty much universally nice, even the ones with overtly maga usernames.  The dutch are the friendliest, but the germans are funnier.  I'm having long term prejudices both compounded and torn apart and I'm not sure how I feel about this.      

ARMA roleplaying server, eh

currently playing the appliance repair game. I'm DIY on most house stuff, but when it comes to replacing electrical parts I'd rather not.

guy 1 - left v/m, no reply.

guy 2 - rude right off the bat. cut me off as I was explaining the issue, said "yeah, I'm not interested, thanks" and hung up.

guy 3 - said he'd be here 2 hours ago. called him again and no answer this time.

can't wait to play again tomorrow with the next round of participants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zero said:

currently playing the appliance repair game. I'm DIY on most house stuff, but when it comes to replacing electrical parts I'd rather not.

guy 1 - left v/m, no reply.

guy 2 - rude right off the bat. cut me off as I was explaining the issue, said "yeah, I'm not interested, thanks" and hung up.

guy 3 - said he'd be here 2 hours ago. called him again and no answer this time.

can't wait to play again tomorrow with the next round of participants.

I set up a lot of contractor/outside work in my current gig -- even in the commercial world your problem is real. It's so fuckin hard to get people to respond when we call about things like getting an electrician out or scheduling a landscaping service. 1/4 or so will actually return the call, maybe give us a quote and follow through. These are for like 5-6 figure contracts!! It's frustrating as hell. 

My first world problem du jour: My guts are now rejecting everything that isn't some shit like rice, steamed vegetables and lean meats. Can't do really any ethnic food without paying the price, can't drink booze, no dairy, sugar makes it worse too. It's fucking infuriating. I just want to eat fat people shit and not feel like I'm going to die. It's gotten to waking up in a cold sweat and nearly passing out from lower intestinal cramping from a phad thai or a burger levels of fucked up. It sounds like a great way to diet, but really it's just a fucked up game of russian roulette with everything I eat

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Audioblysk said:

My first world problem du jour: My guts are now rejecting everything that isn't some shit like rice, steamed vegetables and lean meats. Can't do really any ethnic food without paying the price, can't drink booze, no dairy, sugar makes it worse too. It's fucking infuriating. I just want to eat fat people shit and not feel like I'm going to die. It's gotten to waking up in a cold sweat and nearly passing out from lower intestinal cramping from a phad thai or a burger levels of fucked up. It sounds like a great way to diet, but really it's just a fucked up game of russian roulette with everything I eat

Are you on your period?

Spoiler

?

• Haha 1

On 11/18/2021 at 9:30 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Met a couple friends for drinks downtown, left my van in a parkade, bussed home, realized I left my apartment keys in my van. ?

Reminds me of a time I worked late at the office, took the train home and when I was a couple of doors away from home (30 or so minutes later) I realized I drove to work that day. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

been seeing this woman for like a month now (it rules and i am in love lol) but her ex is going ballistic and she had to file a restraining order against him. 

now i am afraid he will find and assassinate me

Lol. It’s never easy.