IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

3 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

What do the voices say?

Most of the time just random shit, like things people have said to me or random things ive heard or seen, but sometimes when im in a bad state the demon that lives in my shadow tells me that im dead and in hell and he owns my soul and if i dont do everything he tells me to then hes going to tell god about it and god will punish me even worse and i need to get far away from everybody and everything because nothing is real, its all fake and the world around me is designed to hurt me so the only thing i can do is act as unpredictably as possible in order to throw them off.

If you have ever seen welcome to the nhk its pretty much exactly like that.

5 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

public works right outside my window. they're digging up the road literally 3 meters away from me. 

embrace the jackhammering. see if you can figure out the timbre it produces, or if there are any hidden chord progressions in the dut-dut-dut-dut-dut.

or sounds like you need to jump to another air bnb. are you still doing that?

Lessons learned this week: if you’re caring for a dying friend who happen to be well known, prepare a press release beforehand, not while journalists are calling up when you haven't had the time yet to contact close ones, nevermind grieve or sleep in three days.

• Sad 3

Discovered Live's Spectral Resonator plug-in creates latency on the autopan plug-in if it exists anywhere in the file (the resonator I mean).  So I had to export the chunks that needed it to wav, import those, and then get rid of the S Res plug.  Weird/annoying!  But also, neat that I discovered that on the first track where I ever used it.  Seems an unlikely discovery to ever make.  But WTF Ableton, make your plug-ins compatible with each other, I mean really.

Got melted cheese on my hand towel last night, from the nachos I made.  The towel was used as a pad so that I could sit with the nachos on my lap without taking them out of the pan (because that accelerates the cooling process tenfold, and room temp nachos are useless).  I think some cheese is permanently embedded in there.  Now I need a new hand cloth for company... which I will have on Saturday for the first time in a while.

35 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Got melted cheese on my hand towel last night, from the nachos I made.  The towel was used as a pad so that I could sit with the nachos on my lap without taking them out of the pan (because that accelerates the cooling process tenfold, and room temp nachos are useless).  I think some cheese is permanently embedded in there.  Now I need a new hand cloth for company... which I will have on Saturday for the first time in a while.

That's called a cheese scrub. It's all the rage for exfoliating skin ?

Edited by yekker
  • Farnsworth 1

5 hours ago, yekker said:

That's called a cheese scrub. It's all the rage for exfoliating skin ?

Good to know.  Stubble + cunnilingus is good for that too.  Was worried cheese towel might deter from that.  There should be an IDM sex column tho imho tbqh.

• Farnsworth 1

I agreed to supervise college students writing exams today, which is currently happening.  Thought I might be sitting at a desk at the front of a classroom while a group of them do their thing, but turns out it's online exams, one student at a time.  I'm sitting in a bleak cubby hole of an office.  There's a web cam right on the student's face, along with a real time monitor of the exam they are writing, word for word.  I hear every exasperated sigh.  It's some spooky big brother shit, and I'm in the big bro position.  It's making me a little uncomfortable tbqh.  I can only imagine the effect a scenario like this has on the average anxiety ridden college student.  My main job is to say "OK" if they request a bathroom break and then make a note of the time and duration of the break.  That and scroll dank memes.  4.5 hours to go.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Burger 1

40 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I agreed to supervise college students writing exams today, which is currently happening.  Thought I might be sitting at a desk at the front of a classroom while a group of them do their thing, but turns out it's online exams, one student at a time.  I'm sitting in a bleak cubby hole of an office.  There's a web cam right on the student's face, along with a real time monitor of the exam they are writing, word for word.  I hear every exasperated sigh.  It's some spooky big brother shit, and I'm in the big bro position.  It's making me a little uncomfortable tbqh.  I can only imagine the effect a scenario like this has on the average anxiety ridden college student.  My main job is to say "OK" if they request a bathroom break and then make a note of the time and duration of the break.  That and scroll dank memes.  4.5 hours to go.

Damn, that sounds thrilling! I hope you're getting paid.

Yesterday night I was coming home from work and was waiting for my bus transfer and I decided to get a Slurpee at 7 11. It was already freezing out and I wasn't wearing enough warm clothes. Dumbest thing I've done in a while. It led to almost violent shivering but it felt amazing when I got back to my warm home :music:

Is someone also watching you? What I'm asking is, would anyone notice if you were wolfing out? Another fun game might be to see how much any student would be willing to pay for a bathroom break. If you get into trouble just tell them you're from the sociology department.

• Big Brain 1

12 minutes ago, yekker said:

Damn, that sounds thrilling! I hope you're getting paid.

$20/hour, which is better than an Amazon employee!

This poor guy... almost 3 hours in now.  The sighs are becoming more frequent.  All the Q/As look like variations on the same thing.  I can't imagine a lifetime of accounting.

9 minutes ago, user said:

Is someone also watching you? 

The office door is open, but nobody's really checking in.  Debating whether to grab more coffee.

Met up with the woman I've been crushing on for several months.  I only see her once every month or so, so the crush is pretty useless.  This time she mentioned she's been seeing someone on the regular, but doesn't view them as a boyfriend.  This opened up a convo about each of our dating app sexual conquests, sort of.  I didn't have a whole lot to contribute.  I'm a bit drunk now, and can tell there's some kind of sad emotion bubbling away that I can't fully acknowledge.  She mentioned wanting to not let so much time pass before our next meetup.  I wish she were easier to read... really have no idea whether pursuing something more would have completely fucked our friendship up, or lead to some reciprocal romantic thing.  Heavy regret imminent?

Took a nice long shower, tidied up the kitchen a bit and went shopping. Return from store and I'm putting some stuff in the fridge. Last to go in are some cans of beer, the cardboard that they are in manifests a structural weakness and some cans fall on the floor. Of course one of them explodes and starts spraying fucking beer everywhere. My face is sticky, my floor is still sticky after several rounds of wiping and the soles of my shoes are sticky. This is the 6th or 7th goddamn can of beer that has exploded on me this year. I stopped buying Guinness for several months because I had 3 cans that started spraying after being slightly scratched or something while in my backpack and I noticed that the walls of the cans had become thinner, it seems they are back to normal now but now Heineken has decided to skimp on the packaging. Fucking fuckers.

Mother-in-law (see previous posts) booked a trip to come visit for 10 days without even consulting with us on the dates (who the fuck fucking does that??). My wife let it slide even though I protested that it was actually quite rude to not check in with us first. Nothing I can do now. She gets in on Monday. 
Beyond that, about a month ago she asked us if there was anything she could get the baby for Christmas and since the baby was about to start walking we suggested soft-souled baby shoes. Now we are getting multiple packages of baby shoes (at least 5 so far and several more to come). By the time we actually get them on the baby they will likely be too small and useless. Additionally, we have nowhere to fucking put them. I think she thinks it’s funny and charming to shower us with an abusive amount of stuff we can barely use but it’s fucking annoying and I really hate being wasteful and our house is super small so we are running out of room to put basically anything and I’m the one who does all the tidying up. I just want to scream. 
PLUS… she also ordered us a case (12 motherfucking bottles) of this artisanal fermented vinegar drink that we don’t fucking drink, basically so she can drink a couple glasses of it while she’s visiting. Last time she came she got us like 6 bottles and we still have 4 and a half bottles left from then. Again, our kitchen has no room for this shit so all of the stupid bottles just pile up on the counter, which is already overcrowded. 
I’m fucking done. Shoot me. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

she also ordered us a case (12 motherfucking bottles) of this artisanal fermented vinegar drink that we don’t fucking drink,

put them out the back door just on the ground. or put them in a pile on whatever she is going to sleep on. 

all sounds like shit man.. i hope you make it through the holidays OK. 

• Thanks 1

I finished up my first album and am releasing it Dec. 21 (so, like, in a couple hours?) on bandcamp and it's a bit terrifying to be releasing anything publicly, really. ?

I had one track on that watmm Olympus Mons comp years ago and that was it.  I shoulda just called the album "imposter syndrome."   

• Like 6