IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Someone posted something about people that have neurotic tendencies/are prone to worrying will always find something to worry about. As a born and bred neurotic I can confirm the legitimacy of that statement. So much time wasted and even ruined by worrying about anything and everything. Stupid fucking brain.

hey. soup. so i have finally ((finally)) got a new phone and got everything set up, after losing my old phone and access to pretty much everything back in october.

i'm still in a psych ward. life is slow. peace and good vibes to all x

• Like 2

I lost my Monday cleaning job earlier this year. My manager just phoned to me to say that my Wednesday and Saturday job is gone too because the business was sold. Currently no work but I'm still employed. No work around Christmas and MAYBE New Years so that's nice.

I find the idea of learning a new workplace very stressful and this is just crazy. 

• Like 1

I am in hospital after dislocating my shoulder while cross-country skiing in bumfuck nowhere. The shoulder is back in place and I'm full of oxycodon and diapam so feeling pretty groovy despite the fucking painful experience.

• Sad 2
  • Farnsworth 1

snowed in and completely out of coffee :wtf: 

gonna be at least another day or two before I'm dug out of here... (I live at the base of a long tree-canopied hill that the city doesn't get to plowing very quickly. super icy right now. and that's not to mention the steep icy driveway at my place, my car can't even get past the first 30 ft lol)

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, luke viia said:

snowed in and completely out of coffee :wtf: 

gonna be at least another day or two before I'm dug out of here... (I live at the base of a long tree-canopied hill that the city doesn't get to plowing very quickly. super icy right now. and that's not to mention the steep icy driveway at my place, my car can't even get past the first 30 ft lol)

shit! do you have any black tea? that might get you through w/o caffeine withdrawal headache. 

• Like 1

Wide awake at 3am, can’t fucking sleep but totally shattered. Had a bit of a row with my mate yesterday after a pub session and now feel bad about it. It was nothing too spectacular but it’s bothering me still at 4.20am. It always seems to happen nowadays, always end up reacting to things whereas once I’d just say nothing. Probably too much booze and salty food, I can feel my blood pressure running high and some anxiety. Thinking about stuff. Mountains and molehills. I was supposed to be returning to work next week after 5 months off but realise I’m almost there but still not match fit, that’s also bothering me. Anyway I’ve already sent him an apology, not that it was entirely my fault but hopefully I can get some sleep. Probably every one needs a bit of detoxing. Feeling quite shit. Sleep please come ? 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 1:04 PM, zkom said:

I am in hospital after dislocating my shoulder while cross-country skiing in bumfuck nowhere. The shoulder is back in place and I'm full of oxycodon and diapam so feeling pretty groovy despite the fucking painful experience.

lol at the abysmal difference between your life and mine.

15 hours ago, ignatius said:

shit! do you have any black tea? that might get you through w/o caffeine withdrawal headache. 

I have one bag of black tea left, and one bag of green tea. lol. Started with scarcely more than that, and have been rationing for days now. 

It just snowed again :cerious: and is supposed to snow again tomorrow night :cerious: :cerious: so I will probably go begging alms at my (reasonably close, 1/4 mile away) neighbor's place. Might work. Who knows. 

It worked! My neighbor was kind enough to give me a freshly brewed cup and sent me home with a little container of grounds to last another day or two. That was some Little House on the Prairie shit right there.

• Like 4

Because of the skiing accident I mentioned above I have to wear an arm sling for two weeks. Fuck.

Some backstory, I was skiing in a forest alone when the accident happened. Luckily there was a cabin with a road a couple of hundred meters away, but I had to get through a bit of deep snow before getting there with the dislocated elbow. Then I called an ambulance which arrived in about 10 minutes which was great because last time I had to call an ambulance for myself in northern Finland it took an hour to arrive! Then I just kept walking around and cursing a shit ton to not pass out and/or freeze in the -18C weather.

In the hospital they didn't want to do any operations until the x-rays were taken so that bit was quite painful. Finally they injected me with oxycontin, made me lay down on my stomach on the bed, then they put lead weights around the arm and I swung my arm around in a small circle. Then after a while the arm popped back into its socket which was a huge relief.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, zkom said:

Then after a while the arm popped back into its socket which was a huge relief.

when i was a kid i broke my ankle pretty severely learning to drop in on a halfpipe  on a skateboard. i practically blacked out from the pain.. but i remember my whole leg being on fire.. and when the doc set the bone in the emergency room my whole leg went ice cold and it still is the biggest feeling of relief i've ever felt. 

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

when i was a kid i broke my ankle pretty severely learning to drop in on a halfpipe  on a skateboard. i practically blacked out from the pain.. but i remember my whole leg being on fire.. and when the doc set the bone in the emergency room my whole leg went ice cold and it still is the biggest feeling of relief i've ever felt. 

The previous time I had to call an ambulance for myself the paramedics put the other arm back in place (because it would have been 250km to the hospital) and after being injected with whatever the drug cocktail was and popping the arm back I started to laugh uncontrollably because it just felt so good. First I was in a total shock state with incredible pain and then suddenly a totally pain free weightless feeling.

Then 3 hours later I was drunkenly dancing in a local disco with my arm in the arm sling:facepalm:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 12/19/2021 at 12:05 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

I really hate being wasteful

please donate those to somewhere useful like your local refugee centre or church, failing that, the Salvation Army thrift stores. Lots of people will need that shit.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chenGOD said:

please donate those to somewhere useful like your local refugee centre or church, failing that, the Salvation Army thrift stores. Lots of people will need that shit.

Great tips! We already have boxes of baby stuff that is either outgrown or overflow. At the beginning of the pandemic nowhere was accepting donations so we tried to find other friends with babies but it’s harder than you’d imagine to give away quality baby stuff to some people. Churches and refugee centers are fantastic ideas. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Hows the watmm collective? Been awhile m8s

2021 was kind of shite.  Def needed more SG in the SFWP thread.

Today's FWP is... I forgot my FWP.  I know I had one.  Possibly even a couple of them.  So that's been hard, but I'm getting through it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Hows the watmm collective? Been awhile m8s

I missed you Mr Mughnus. I even created a thread about it. Somewhere. Welcome back, hope all is well.

My stupid first world problem is my body clock has gone totally haywire. I’m usually up about 7am on holiday (earlier when working) and I’ve just managed to crawl to the shower and have a cup of coffee at 13.30pm. I am literally Slothman at the moment ? 

Few more days to go and I’ll have to get back to some kind of routine and reality, which I’m dreading but also know it’s for the best. Though it’s ridiculously warm for December I could do with sunshine, it hasn’t made an appearance in weeks ? 

Edited by beerwolf

I haven't seen sunlight in maybe a month.  I go to bed at 6am and wake up anywhere between 2 and 4.  Current FWP is that I told my friend she could crash here, and I don't think I'll be doing any sleeping until she wakes up.  Snores like a chainsaw through wet meat.  6:20am right now... so 20 min past my bedtime. ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

At the beginning of the pandemic nowhere was accepting donations

I refuse to donate to value village, pretty much only salvation army out of the chain thrift stores.

Churches you have to be careful and do a little vetting, same with the refugee centres. But otherwise those are my go-tos if none of our friends will take our kid's stuff.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

Am I alone in thinking orange + chocolate is a disgusting combination? Who likes that? Why is it a standard flavour combination in boxed chocolates? It overpowers and makes all the other chocolates have a somewhat offputting residual orange flavour (take Quality Street for example). Big Chocolate is trolling us, change my mind

It is a weird combo for sure.  Although I swear the classic chocolate orange with all the wedges is actually quite good.  Been a long time since I had one though, so my memory may be distorting things.  There's a seasonal dark beer called Creepy Uncle Dunkle that tastes kind of like a melted down chocolate orange + beer, and it is excellent.