IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

100% chance of hustle.

i told her i'd be up for it if she'd supply the ben gay and preparation H. 

i laid all my health problems out in a message so she'd get the picture. told her i'd be happy to walk her dog while she works out. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 2:39 AM, luke viia said:

USPS sucks so bad omg

They marked a package delivered "at the front door" on a day when the road to my house is literally blocked by a landslide. Within thirty minutes they marked a different package as "no access." No mail has arrived here (or anywhere beyond the landslide) since last Thursday. Ace Ventura over there probably just booted the package into the ravine and called it a day. 

:catrage:

Lol 

Fwp about other courier: two days ago i got a notification about my package being dropped off at pick up point. Yesterday i got an email: your package has been collected. Not by me afaik

I got refunded tho

771114.gif

Edited by Berk

58 minutes ago, Berk said:

Lol 

Fwp about other courier: two days ago i got a notification about my package being dropped off at pick up point. Yesterday i got an email: your package has been collected. Not by me afaik

I got refunded tho

771114.gif

Thanks for your package Berk, although I'm not sure what to do with all these dragon dildos?

• Big Brain 1

Got another one. My remote for my Hitachi tv probably died. Got a universal remote and tried 57 codes but no response. Dragon dildos gone missing also fuck my life

56 minutes ago, Berk said:

Got another one. My remote for my Hitachi tv probably died. Got a universal remote and tried 57 codes but no response. Dragon dildos gone missing also fuck my life

If you have a modern smartphone (running android) you might be able to use it as a remote. This advice has been brought to you by the dragon dildo gang (no you're not invited)

• Like 1

Had my phone stolen the other day, about $300 gone.

Question for those who are tech savvy. Should I get a new phone number or am I good keeping my current one? I was using a Google Pixel 4a with an eSIM. I changed all the passwords that were associated with the phone but I'm afraid of a duped phone number. 

Should I be worried about security or is the more likely outcome that the phone is being sold for parts? 

ok imo this is not a stupid first world problem, but simply a normal first world problem that really pisses me off:

yahoo apparently deletes inactive accounts after a while, without warning

now i lost access to my fucking flickr account and i can't download original size artsy bs pics that i took

also my microwave/electrical oven was smoking like hell, so i put the frozen pizza back in the fridge and got a real pizza instead. 

after some back and forth i decided to give streaming another try for my music. submitted 18 releases to a handful of streaming services. they started showing up today to be available. i checked some out.. of course i knew there's like 5 or 8 people using ignatius as a moniker. all different genres.. but there's only 1 or 2 ignatius artist pages on these services and they have all the releases linked to them. this only matters for searching on the streaming services and doesn't effect streaming royalties since each track has an ISRC etc and is linked to my distrokid account and ascap etc. 

in order to create an artist page on these services i have to go and find the releases on each services and copy the release link and go to distrokid and link it to the "fix this" type of form they have set up that's not a big deal except i have to do it 18 times on about 10 different services. 

so much data entry for fun and "profit".

i'm curious to see how this will flesh out after a year. 

• Like 1

Someone offered to get me in on an 8-channel sound installation.  I have the ability to make a composition for eight channels, but i also dont have the hardware to hear what it actually sounds like.  I gave him a strong maybe.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, drillkicker said:

Someone offered to get me in on an 8-channel sound installation.  I have the ability to make a composition for eight channels, but i also dont have the hardware to hear what it actually sounds like.  I gave him a strong maybe.

if you get a soundcheck you can probably pull it off.  

Which skin color emoji should you use? The answer can be more complex than you think

"I present as very pale, very light skinned. And if I use the white emoji, I feel like I'm betraying the part of myself that's Filipino. But if I use a darker color emoji, which maybe more closely matches what I see when I look at my whole family, it's not what the world sees, and people tend to judge that." Racela, of Littleton, Mass., said.

thumbs-2_custom-9cea3fd5139e683b27dae03f

40 minutes ago, ignatius said:

if you get a soundcheck you can probably pull it off.  

Yeah and i told him that i could probably do it as long as i can borrow some hardware.  I could really use some external motivation to make something really cool, instead of just uploading shit to my bandcamp that nobody listens to.

Got a secondary job as a fairly ok paid mechanical turk in addition to my normal job but it turns out that the secondary job is way more stressful than I anticipated. Also feel like I've lost the ability to deal with increased stress without engaging with the thoughts that accompany it which tend to then become darker and darker which in turn of course increases my stress levels. Vicious fucking cycles.

• Sad 1

I am going through the Killing Joke discog on Spotify, but the release dates are all fucked up, causing me to skip the second and fourth albums (which are listed as being released in the 2000's instead of the early 80's).  If I had Neil Young's influence I would start a boycott against them for this.  Fucking furious.

*Speaking of the 80's, the song titled Eighties just came up - holy Come As You Are riff origins!  Totally forgot about that...  Nirvana/Butch Vig really nailed the chorus effect on the guitar.  Makes it seem like a deliberate homage, rather than an accidental rip-off.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I am going through the Killing Joke discog on Spotify, but the release dates are all fucked up, causing me to skip the second and fourth albums (which are listed as being released in the 2000's instead of the early 80's).  If I had Neil Young's influence I would start a boycott against them for this.  Fucking furious.

*Speaking of the 80's, the song titled Eighties just came up - holy Come As You Are riff origins!  Totally forgot about that...  Nirvana/Butch Vig really nailed the chorus effect on the guitar.  Makes it seem like a deliberate homage, rather than an accidental rip-off.

death and resurrection show is a jam.

apparently killing joke borrowed that riff (the Eighties riff) from the Damned and they borrowed it from someone else... the moody blues i think.. who also borrowed it from somewhere else... it's the riff that has a thousand lives. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2

On 2/13/2022 at 1:57 PM, ignatius said:

apparently killing joke borrowed that riff (the Eighties riff) from the Damned and they borrowed it from someone else... the moody blues i think.. who also borrowed it from somewhere else... it's the riff that has a thousand lives. 

Interesting!  I'll add personal bastardization of the 80's riff to the bucket list.

Man, I was not prepared for Outside the Gate.  Opening synth line immediately made me think of a minor key version of Van Halen - Jump and made me lol.  Def set the tone for the rest of the album.  Wow.  Killing Joke: The Musical.  Curious to see how they recover.  Never a good sign when your bassist asks for his name to be removed from the album credits.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 10:17 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Often the release dates are fucked on spotify when the rights get moved to another label and they get reuploaded or something. The process of telling spotify to change them is super long but I do it anyway when I can be arsed - I've had about 15 albums fixed in the last few years. I still need to get round to doing most of Muslimgauze and The Brian Jonestown Massacre's albums.

I'm sure I've posted about this in this thread but:

I'm in work/income purgatory. My current gig is nearly unbearable at times and forces me to work odd times at a moments notice. I had to fly to Boston to confirm that someone didn't connect a fucking pipe. I kid you not, they were like 'uhhh no water' and my bosses were like 'uhhhh well just get Blysky on a plane from the other end of the country, not like he has a life'. Any and all glamour or prestige wore off during COVID and it's been just getting worse.

I say it's purgatory because I'm stuck with the pay. This gig pays me around 40%+ what I could find right now in any other gig. I'm not willing to take a 40%+ dip in pay after clawing my way into doing this specialty shit. So I'm at the point of wanting to quit, knowing I can't and dreaming that I could. It's also a little shitty to not have the capital to start my own projects. I work for people who have deep pockets and all I do is make them deeper with my skills. In my industry, capital is not easy to come by without massive strings attached. 

Anyways, enough of that. Hope everyone is having a good day ?

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1