IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

2 hours ago, prdctvsm said:

major flooding in this area; roads & highways cut, bridges & livestock washed away, whole towns underwater, no food or petrol, power is off & on, rubbish & dead animals washing up on beaches, ppl camping out everywhere they can. lost the stereo, washing machine & oven. saved my artwork & vinyls.

Holy fuck, that sounds rough. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, prdctvsm said:

major flooding in this area; roads & highways cut, bridges & livestock washed away, whole towns underwater, no food or petrol, power is off & on, rubbish & dead animals washing up on beaches, ppl camping out everywhere they can. lost the stereo, washing machine & oven. saved my artwork & vinyls.

got some news coverage here. shit it looks awful. 

9 hours ago, prdctvsm said:

Nightmare.

Good job for this tho.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, prdctvsm said:

m8 wtf this is not lush at all. 

sending you the most lush soul pads via the astral plane ❤️

• Like 2

@prdctvsmin addition to the lushest soul pads available, also let us know if there's a way any of us can help practically.

it's not too bad where I am, mostly first world complaints about not being able to go out. I'm up on a hill sort of so less risk of being washed out, though a break has formed in my garage roof and is allowing water to seep in constantly which I'm keeping an eye on.

• Like 4

Kept thinking about ordering McD's cheeseburgers with bacon all week.  The "with bacon" bit was the part that most compelled me.  Finally ordered them last night, got home, and the whole fucking point of the order was absent (bacon).  The disappointment is still haunting me.

• Sad 1

made spaghetti squash saturday. it was good. the leftovers were good on sunday. but there's 2 more days worth of meals left using it and i don't know if i can eat it 4 days in row. 

had longer post but deleted because overshare. ugh. gimme some opium to smoke so i can retreat into a cave in my brain and sleep for 12 hours and have wicked dreams. 

All of my dreams over the past few months have been about failing to accomplish impossible tasks.

Last night I dreamt that I had to take care of chickens and turkeys and for some reason I just couldn't get the grain to their feeders, and I couldn't refill their water.  I kept trying and it wouldn't work, and I was disappointing everybody who put their trust in me.

In other news, I hate my entire life and I want to die.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

the forum ads are starting to irritate me.

i have yet to see an ad when using in safari. i have ad blocker on though. 

• Like 1

Ahhh... totally forgot that I had to uninstall/reinstall chrome because of a virus a couple weeks ago.  Downloading an ad blocker now.  Thanks!

"18 ads blocked total"

damn, that was fast...

19 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

the forum My ads blocker are is starting to irritate me.

This fucking ad blocker is almost as annoying as the ads were.  There's a pop-up every time it does its job... so basically I'm getting an ad for a single product over and over again, defeating the whole purpose.  No idea what I was using before.  What's the best free one out there?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

Jfc just pay for a membership, how cheap are you guys lol

ha.. maybe that's why i don't see adverts? lols. $5 or whatever.  

need a new roof. have gotten 3 bids. settled on one and ready to accept the contract. but now i'm staring at it and not wanting to commit to anything so my phone is sitting there w/the number entered to call and proceed.. but again.. just staring at it... 

Perhaps a silly proposal but have you considered asking someone else to confirm for you? Additionally you could maybe agree with that person that if anything goes wrong or it turns out to be more costly than expected you may officially blame them because they sealed the deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, user said:

Perhaps a silly proposal but have you considered asking someone else to confirm for you? Additionally you could maybe agree with that person that if anything goes wrong or it turns out to be more costly than expected you may officially blame them because they sealed the deal.

yeah..  the roof was 5 years old when i moved in in 2006 so it's over 20 years old. i know it's time. every time i clean the gutters there's always lot's of granules from the shingles. i've had to fix some shingles over the years.. reattach some from wind damage and have lost a few permanently. 

the contractor is legit and there's all kinds of guarantees and they will fix any problem. the guaranteet is even transferable to a new owner if i sell my house. the materials they use today are better than what they used when my roof was new. so i know i'll get a good product it's just i hate spending large sums from my savings especially when i'm not working and shit like that.. but i think doing it now is the way to go w/uncertainty in the winds regarding all things supply chain related etc. price is probably better now than it will be in summer or next fall or whatever. 

it's that dance of talking myself into it rationally etc. also, being from south florida which is home to every kind of scam including roofers who take the deposit and never come back.. has me in a place that's more paranoid than most.. though w/yelp reviews and the contractors license number i look up history etc and can see that i'm not going into business w/a scammer or someone who will do a shit job of it. 

6 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Whatever the sum of money, just imagine how much duct tape you could buy for half that - your roof could last 1000 years.

mythbusters episode. 

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Got unusually tired at 11pm, so I went to bed and slept.  Now it's 2:30am and I'm wide awake (my normal bedtime is 4-5am).  Fuck.  Considering driving to the gas station to buy ice cream... but I have a sinking feeling they will be closed, and then I just don't know.  What i really want is coffee, but... 2:30am.  Hmmmmm.

2 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Got unusually tired at 11pm, so I went to bed and slept.  Now it's 2:30am and I'm wide awake (my normal bedtime is 4-5am).  Fuck.  Considering driving to the gas station to buy ice cream... but I have a sinking feeling they will be closed, and then I just don't know.  What i really want is coffee, but... 2:30am.  Hmmmmm.

24 hour McDonald's innit?

9 minutes ago, yekker said:

24 hour McDonald's innit?

I'd consider it if the drive thrus at the 2 nearest ones were open.  No way am I downloading the McDonald's app to make late night orders.  Milkshake would be good.