IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

14 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Had a hard time finding the SFWP thread

i'm so sorry you had to go through that :cattears:

sfwp: my interests are obscure and many of the books I want to read are out of print or righteously expensive. and pretty much every book has raised in price anyway! might as well go back to college if i'm gonna spend this kinda money. but i mean who goes to college lol

sfwp2: i need a new career. well, a career, i guess. yeah yeah college, i see you making promises. fool me - you caint get fooled again

Edited by luke viia
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, luke viia said:

i'm so sorry you had to go through that :cattears:

sfwp: my interests are obscure and many of the books I want to read are out of print or righteously expensive. and pretty much every book has raised in price anyway! might as well go back to college if i'm gonna spend this kinda money. but i mean who goes to college lol

sfwp2: i need a new career. well, a career, i guess. yeah yeah college, i see you making promises. fool me - you caint get fooled again

We have been getting all our obscure books from the library these days. Our system is p dope tbh, reserve online, they ship it from any library in the city and notify us when it’s there etc…

Im starting a new career as well. Start a new job May 24 in a completely new profession. Think I know what you’re going through ?

• Like 2

Ultimate hero beer snobs may snort at it, but Corona beer is one of my favourite hot weather tipples. And now if I read correctly its brewed under license in the UK by those AB InBev Cunt Stains. That's the end of that then. FOAD.

RIP

Edited by beerwolf
  • Sad 2

Wasn't my bus fortunately but as I was waiting some kids stole the keys to the bus and ran off when the bus driver was trying to stop people prying the back door open.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Ultimate hero beer snobs may snort at it, but Corona beer is one of my favourite hot weather tipples. And now if I read correctly its brewed under license in the UK by those AB InBev Cunt Stains. That's the end of that then. FOAD.

RIP

This exact thing happened with brahma, which used to be lush, now bottled piss licensed to inbev

35 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

This exact thing happened with brahma, which used to be lush, now bottled piss licensed to inbev

Same as Staropramen. Corona is an imported icon, it’s not supposed to be brewed in the UK for fucks sake. Any quarter decent imported world lager (Tiger, San Miguel, Kronenbourg etc etc) that ends up ‘brewed under license in the UK’ ends up as piss pond water. Having said that Peroni is still brewed in Italy and less said about the better. Remember when I first discovered that in a few Indian cornershops about 20 or so years ago, when it wasn’t seen in pubs or supermarketsi for years. Every single bottle top you pinged off was followed by pure lager delight. It would refresh and dance on your tastebuds. Now it tastes of drain water from a metal milling factory. Very sad. The simple things in life. Fucked.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Sad 1

I'm really noticing the lack of a shocked emoji on here.  All my shock here gets replaced by a like, which doesn't exactly convey shock.

Also, missed a karaoke party thing last night and a friend's memorial today because I have a sore throat, which I can not conclusively rule out as not-covid.  The self-test kits (only ones available now, apparently) frequently get false negatives, and are most effective 3-7 days after transmission (!!!). So... yeah, would be completely irresponsible to sit in a room full of people for an extended period, expelling my cold spores into the breathing air.  Still working though, since contact is pretty minimal/brief, there's no cough... and I can't afford to just not work for a week every time I get a mild cold.  

On 5/8/2022 at 7:14 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

I've been gradually becoming more and more nocturnal, to the point where even 4am doesn't feel late enough to be going to sleep.  Feels more like time to watch a movie.  On the one hand, there isn't really a benefit to having such a backwards schedule.  On the other hand, it means my depression is finally lifting.

You aren't working?

Im the exact same way. My sleep schedule rotates

6 hours ago, beerwolf said:

RIP

not sure if this makes you feel any better about it, but I live next door to Mexico, and Corona still sucks. think there's a mexican beer thread kickin 'round here somewhere, but just wanted to reiterate that Corona is widely known as the worst of them. now, I haven't actually dranken it from the mountain streams in Mexico where it runs freely to compare, but there are far better options. dunno if you can get Modelo especial on that side of the pond, but I'd trust that one over any. Dos Equis Amber is a nice lager, but if your mission is to drink away the afternoon poolside, then it may be a bit too filling an option for that.

and I hope this doesn't come across as beer snobbish. I drink Lone Star and Miller Lite all the time, especially on a day like today, now that this massive heatwave has engulfed large swaths of this country. we are tipping close to 99 degrees farenheit here this afternoon (like 37c). in fact, that should be my first world problem I bring up in here, since I am in this thread. it is has been sweltering hot here for like over a week now with no end in sight. thanks global warming.

53 minutes ago, marf said:

You aren't working?

Im the exact same way. My sleep schedule rotates

I'm working, but often getting home at 2:30am, and then unwinding after that.  I can work p much any time I feel like working.  Set my own schedule... but never in advance.  

9 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Finally listening to a Moby album because a woman I'm dating is really into it and... I really like it.  Does this mean I've lost my IDM cred?

Which album? I've only heard play and I liked it back then.

3 minutes ago, yekker said:

Which album? I've only heard play and I liked it back then.

The album Wait for Me, 2009.  
Observation I had while listening and chatting with her:

"I like the way Moby tends to put one central sound mostly left, and another central sound mostly right, then builds the rest of the mix with that sort of method too. It's oddly unique to him, even though it seems like a pretty obvious thing."

He does this on every single track, and it's really effective.  (Still got 5 to go)

43 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

The album Wait for Me, 2009.  
Observation I had while listening and chatting with her:

"I like the way Moby tends to put one central sound mostly left, and another central sound mostly right, then builds the rest of the mix with that sort of method too. It's oddly unique to him, even though it seems like a pretty obvious thing."

He does this on every single track, and it's really effective.  (Still got 5 to go)

It's funny that Moby first got popular with his ravey dance tracks and then he mellowed out a whole lot

The only Moby track I've liked is Go and it's basically a Twin Peaks soundtrack rip off. :cisfor:

The rest I've heard is just so meh.

Today in the world of recruiting, subcontracting and IT freelancing: Company A has bought recruitment services from company B, who have bought company C as a subsidiary and passed the job onto them, who have subcontracted company D, where a part-time recruiter is now asking me if they can store my data to company B's database.

• Farnsworth 1

Landlords came over and replaced my decrepit old front door (FWS) but, as "handymen" often do, they left a bunch of stuff undone, broke some stuff, and seem to have primarily fucked right off the premises because it was time for lunch. So now I get to go buy a bunch of moulding and foam insulation and finish the job myself. :cerious:

• Facepalm 1

On 5/17/2022 at 3:32 PM, luke viia said:

Landlords came over and replaced my decrepit old front door (FWS) but, as "handymen" often do, they left a bunch of stuff undone, broke some stuff, and seem to have primarily fucked right off the premises because it was time for lunch. So now I get to go buy a bunch of moulding and foam insulation and finish the job myself. :cerious:

I came here to vent about my landlord "fixing" shit but making it worse, so I feel your pain.

Every fucking time my landlord comes to use his handyman skills to fix shit, he makes it worse and ends up calling someone to fix it after he leaves. The main water valve was leaking a bit, he just tried to fix it, and now its pouring out and I have to set alarms to wake up in the middle of the night to empty the bucket. It's the fourth time something like this has happened with him. That, or the professionals will tell him he needs something replaced, he refuses, and slaps the cheapest band-aid on it so that way in a month I have to waste another vacation day to stay home while they come to do the actual needed repair. I finally have a job where I get vacation days and I use almost all of them sitting around waiting for a plumber to come. I'm leaving in a month, I couldn't be happier.

Fucking hate landlords, they're always cheap AF.

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

my toes are fucking freezing and I can't be arsed to go upstairs and get any socks

On the contrary, it's 33C (92F) right now and I don't like it :cry:

52 minutes ago, milkface said:

On the contrary, it's 33C (92F) right now and I don't like it :cry:

heatwaves in india already at peaks above last years worst i think. 

my fwp... my neighbor having some landscaping done and they're using gas powered lawn tools so i'm annoy and sleep deprived. i think this shit is gonna go on for 3 or 4 days. 

also, the hockey team i'm rooting for in the stanley cup playoffs is gonna get fucking swept in the 2nd round. 

Had too pizzas from the same place.  One was one of the most satisfying pepperoni slices I've had in forever.  The other (which was pointed out as being the most fresh) was impossible for me to even identify toppings-wise, and had sauce kind of like salad dressing.  Truly awful pizza.  I'm troubled by the quality difference between the pizzas, and that I saved the crappy one for last.  If I had a time machine, I know the first thing I'd fix.