IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

This cold fucking sucks, AKA "I can't believe it's not covid."

4 days sore throat, 3 days cough with slight congestion on day 3, 1 day constant congestion, now entering a day where my nasal passages are mostly cleared out, yet the congestion is still there, but like... further up in my face hahaha... and there's weird tickly pressure in my ears which I keep needing to pop.  Oh my god this cold is fucking ridiculous...

Desperate like a fish out of water, fizzing at the gills in the midday sun!

Angry and snarling like a caged honey badger being poked with a sharp stick!

With my henchmen posted at all corners of my domain and no sign of Boards of Canada I have finally caved in and am currently listening to Tycho for the first time. Oh sweet lord. Please Brothers where art though? Save me. Though I think my wretched wench of a gran might like it. But she’s in the dungeon. Hahah !

Edited by beerwolf

you know how sometimes a thread comes loose in your sock and gets between your toes, driving you into a murderous rage? well I have some phantom version of this going on. It's there even when I have no socks on. By a wide margin this is the worst thing that's ever happened to anyone ever.

also I was considering taking a nap yesterday and sat down the couch, just about to lay my head down, and over the top of the pillow waltzes out a hairy wolf spider. will I ever sleep again? no. 

• Sad 2

I got back into alternative radio listening and tracking in the past year after not being interested for a few years. I'm San Diegan so I always loved and admired 91X and been a loyal listener through thick and thin, got hyped in February when they did this "best of" event of their entire library from A to Z for 9 days, before wrapping it up the next day announcing a return to their roots (pretty much showcasing new and old discoveries while playing their entire catalogue that IS quite massive looking at top 91, FTW new music show, loudspeaker (a local artist show) and wayback machine archives. Thousands and thousands of indie/alt tunes they can be playing to really feel like how 91X is supposed to be compared to some Audacy owned station they mock that plays the same 20-100 songs a day then move on to another 20-100 songs.

Instead I found out in the news article on another website a couple months later that they're actually just becoming a classic alternative station, which sounds cool as first as you look at what they play throughout the day, but then going through a whole months of archives (I track here.), it gets very very repetitive with the same 500-600 songs the past few months since that amazing XYZ event that had over 2,000 songs played (and that's probably only a total of 20-25% of their entire library since 1983. They mostly play the same 80s-90s new wave/alt/post punk/grunge/whatever hits with a few 2000s and 2010s (and the 2010s choices they choose out of all the cool stuff they did play in the 10s that wasn't Imagine Dragons are just "S.O.B." by Nathianel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, The Black Keys and FUCKING Little Lion Man by Mumford and Sons), with some good music discoveries for 2022 (I've counted 66 new songs played so far this year they will repeat and shuffle every hour or so), but even then it just shows the variety thing they promised on their live announcement compared to the news article saying something else is just a kick in the side, I don't get why gen X audiences would want them to be even more repetitive than they were before the switchup. What made 91X fantastic was the variety of older djs like Halloran who left the station in 2017, which is ironic is the music directors right now (Hilary and Garett), worked with Halloran a lot and worked with him back when 94.9 was the good station in the 00s while 91X was mediocre and corporate by the time.

It's just so bizarre to me that they clearly have the freedom to play stuff being their own local independant company with a couple other San Diego stations, but don't really do anything with it outside of Sundays (ressurection Sunday playing a lot of 80s/90s deepcuts like the old days of the station, I've gotten my requests played on there many times the past two months, Church of Bob (reggae stuff like Marley), Loudspeaker (3 hours of local bands) and FTW new music show (new music at 11pm-12AM where a lot of the cool artists like Black Midi or Parquet Courts get played for new music but never again sadly), but then for the rest of the week go back to their small fraction of a huge catalogue. I've actually contacted them and been digging for old stuff and they've gave me kind responses and wanted to know more about me, but so far I haven't seen a shakeup and don't want to be annoying (though Halloran back in the day before getting a job in the radio business would call up a lot about repetitivety on his old Detroit stations in the late 70s till they told him to fuck off and learn the radio business by going to school for it, which he did and is hailed as a 91X/94.9 legend for being varied with his playlists and an overall great personality), so I'm not too annoying and don't want to be. ?

It's just a bit sad seeing a station that had a good variety of new music but just had problems being repetitive with old songs instead of switching it up, promise to do so but instead has just been repetitive with old songs with no deep cuts outside of shows I mentioned above. And NOW this past week I think they let go of the FTW and Loudspeaker host Tim Pyles, as Loudspeaker had no host this Sunday and FTW didn't show up AT ALL. Which concerns me but I can't tell if it's because of my suggestions of playing new music more outside of a late night show or because I sent them a lot of new 2022 songs I'd love to see them put into their rotation, or if they fired him for no reason other than to go more classic. And apparently up in Los Angeles, the once mighty KROQ, now owned by Audacy is getting an old legend hired for programming again and may oversee some other stations, which could be successful if a soulless corporate company like Audacy gives him freedom. 91X ain't doing too bad in ratings (better than 94.9, Ressurection Sundays itself gets #1 in all of San Diego show ratings on Sundays), but I really think giving variety to both old and new alternative type music is better than just spinning old stuff like I'm listening to a repetitive station like Sunny 98.1. It's pretty boring so far. I don't see it lasting long as a format unless they decided to become more varied like the old days. They got something going with the Sunday shows and the new music choices they've done (no Imagine Dragons or Machine Gun Kelly, nice!), so capitalize on it for the people who like listening to radio instead of streaming too much or are just old school like me. 

• Like 3

I've tried watching that new Ricky Gervais Netflix special three times now. I can't make it past the first 15 minutes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, absolute dogshit.

On 5/21/2022 at 8:47 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

This cold fucking sucks, AKA "I can't believe it's not covid."

4 days sore throat, 3 days cough with slight congestion on day 3, 1 day constant congestion, now entering a day where my nasal passages are mostly cleared out, yet the congestion is still there, but like... further up in my face hahaha... and there's weird tickly pressure in my ears which I keep needing to pop.  Oh my god this cold is fucking ridiculous...

Still got this fucker!  It's so mild at this point, but it just won't let go.  Does cool shit to my singing voice though, so I've been exploring that.

I've been feeling extra good of late since finding what seems to be a long term committed lady friend.  That's something I could gush on about for paragraphs, but I will spare the graphic details.  Instead I come here only to complain of my subsequent dilemma: stemming my feel good emotions enough that it doesn't develop into full blown mania.  I think caring for her will be enough to keep me in check... but it is something I do need to keep a close watch on. But like... even just lying here typing this I've got warm waves of euphoria coursing through my chest as though I'm on E.  It's cray...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I've been feeling extra good of late since finding what seems to be a long term committed lady friend.  That's something I could gush on about for paragraphs, but I will spare the graphic details.  Instead I come here only to complain of my subsequent dilemma: stemming my feel good emotions enough that it doesn't develop into full blown mania.  I think caring for her will be enough to keep me in check... but it is something I do need to keep a close watch on. But like... even just lying here typing this I've got warm waves of euphoria coursing through my chest as though I'm on E.  It's cray...

Nice one! :ok:

• Thanks 1

My problem today is Zleppy Nouveau preemptively posting fws in fwp. You did good man, just enjoy it without over-analizing.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Silent Member said:

My problem today is Zleppy Nouveau preemptively posting fws in fwp. You did good man, just enjoy it without over-analizing.

Thanks!  I am really enjoying it, with little need for overanalysis.  She does enough of that for the both of us, but in a very healthy way.  There's never any doubt in my mind as to what she's thinking/feeling, because she shares it all in a very open, comprehendible way.  I get a sneak peak at her thought process any time she's working something out... which is a lot of the time.  And things are working out VERY good.  I've never had an easier time communicating with anyone.  Compatibility is off the charts in every way.  It's overwhelming but really comfortable/reassuring at the same time.

SFWP: only got 5 hours of very broken sleep, and made about a third of the $ I normally make in a week.  This is the problem with being happy - bank account suffers.

• Like 1

do you ever worry that you don't have much in common with people who share your interests? i've been revisiting The Caretaker's Everywhere at The End of Time and it's cool and all, but i don't really feel "with it" with the other folks who're listening to it.

Screenshot_20220528-224400.thumb.png.ea638014c800ddb08924edeaf8a31d2d.png

Screenshot_20220528-223951.thumb.png.99ee043dfa4979f36ce94fecfc90a8e7.png

actually just fuck discord altogether tbh.

• Burger 1

Just now, ignatius said:

engaged with an NRA chud on twitter. 

Hide contents

FW_BIG.jpg

Men who show off big metal gun, have small meat gun.

• Farnsworth 2

18 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Further, men with small meat gun often have accompanying meat butt plug.  This is society.

image.png.2fb010c55e3b33e9257062f8cd76f3c9.png

next time i hear someone say "he's packing", in any sentence, i'll think of this. thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

You know how when you're getting to know someone who's creative, and it's always cool to have them share their art or whatever... well, this is still true for me.  But usually it's just a poem, or a song they wrote, or maybe a painting they did.  So you can briefly check it out and enjoy it, give some feedback, etc.  ...  Yeah, it dawned on me in this new relationship that I really have my work cut out for me.  The writing she wanted to share, which appeared in my inbox, is fucking 500+ pages hahahahaha.  I mean, I knew it was coming.  But the thought of me casually getting through that in a reasonable time frame while still just going about my life normally is fucking hilarious.  I read at a snail's pace, and there is already so much stuff I've meant to get caught up on.  It's okay though, I've already explained I'm damned near functionally illiterate, despite having a good understanding of composition, and a deep appreciation for writing, stories, and a desire to be more well read.

But yeah... such a big leap from "here's a poem I did years ago that I'm really proud of" to "here's the first couple parts of my fucking epic novel."  Hahahahaha... I like it though.  Still works as a SFWP imhotyvm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Woke up really dizzy and nauseous yesterday, even hurled because of everything spinning. So I pretty much spent the last 24 hours in bed and now my back is killing me. Still a little dizzy and there's a headache in the mix now too. I'm hoping it's an inner ear infection and not a tia or something, I can't afford to turn into more of a drool dribbling idiot than I already am.

For a few days now I’ve really needed a ultra massive shit and a satisfying clear out, yet not much seems to be happening. And it keeps building. It’s making me feel a bit off key and lethargic. I may see if the cornershop has some prune juice and drink a litre of the stuff. But probably buy some cider instead…..

Edited by beerwolf

On 6/1/2022 at 9:48 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

You know how when you're getting to know someone who's creative, and it's always cool to have them share their art or whatever... well, this is still true for me.  But usually it's just a poem, or a song they wrote, or maybe a painting they did.  So you can briefly check it out and enjoy it, give some feedback, etc.  ...  Yeah, it dawned on me in this new relationship that I really have my work cut out for me.  The writing she wanted to share, which appeared in my inbox, is fucking 500+ pages hahahahaha.  I mean, I knew it was coming.  But the thought of me casually getting through that in a reasonable time frame while still just going about my life normally is fucking hilarious.  I read at a snail's pace, and there is already so much stuff I've meant to get caught up on.  It's okay though, I've already explained I'm damned near functionally illiterate, despite having a good understanding of composition, and a deep appreciation for writing, stories, and a desire to be more well read.

But yeah... such a big leap from "here's a poem I did years ago that I'm really proud of" to "here's the first couple parts of my fucking epic novel."  Hahahahaha... I like it though.  Still works as a SFWP imhotyvm.

On one first date I went to the woman brought her art portfolio to show. Like a literal folder filled with paintings and drawings. On the first date. In a cafe.

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1

8 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Well, were they any good?

Yeah, they were pretty good and she got into some art school later. She was just very bohemian or something I guess.

Not relating to the art but let's say some bit questionable life choices, though not drugs, it seemed like she was heading for trouble at the time. But what I heard from her a couple of years later she seemed to be doing ok. On that date I also realized that my own life is very mediocre and practically boring.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zkom said:

Yeah, they were pretty good and she got into some art school later. She was just very bohemian or something I guess.

Not relating to the art but let's say some bit questionable life choices, though not drugs, it seemed like she was heading for trouble at the time. But what I heard from her a couple of years later she seemed to be doing ok. On that date I also realized that my own life is very mediocre and practically boring.

Hmmm, well I'm glad to hear things worked out for her.  Were/are you content with things being on the more mediocre and boring side, or did it make you want to shake things up a bit?