IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Go on early morning fishing trip. Drive to the river. Realise I’ve forgotten my fishing rod, because I’ve had a constant incessant questions about ‘what time will you be back?’ ‘what time shall I do dinner for?’ ‘Shall I cook this?’ ‘Shall I cook that?’ ‘What’s the date on the duck?’ ‘Are you going to barbecue the duck?’ ‘Shall I put the duck in the freezer?’ 

I DON’T KNOW I AM GOING FISHING!! DOES MY DAY HAVE TO REVOLVE AROUND A FUCKING DUCK?!!

Drive home. Put fishing rod in car. Get back to the river. Trip over my own feet and end up landing on top of my favourite (fairly fucking expensive) fishing rod and smash the carbon blank like a twig. Devastated. Drive back home. Drink a few beers to ease mild depression. Have a snooze.

A few months ago I bumped into an old best friend of mine, a true classic character. Sometimes it’s a bit awkward when seeing a good mate after decades but the reverse happened. Both of us were in tears of laughter telling stories  and genuinely over the moon to see each other. He’s had his fair few problems I know about in his life (family breakdown, drugs, mental issues, crime) but he identifies me with the best time of his life, before his life was turned upside down when his family home dissolved. So we organise to go fishing together one evening. This evening! Second favourite Avon rod is plucked from the shed.

When we going John?

About 4pm mate!

(Gets to 5pm)

Everything okay John?

Trains aren’t running properly, need to pick my Mrs up from Hayes. Almost there. Be at yours 5.30!

(Gets to 6pm)

Everything okay John?

Yep need to pick up my fishing gear from my dads house but he’s been on a drinking bender and he’s not answering the door. I’ll be around asap!

(gets to 7pm)

Everything okay John?

Got my fishing gear. Just having something to eat and I’ll be round!

7.30 comes. Line is drawn. No more fucking about. To be honest I had my suspicions from the beginning. But I give my old friend my time and patience. But maybe he’s in cuckoo land I don’t know. 

So today and having two fishing trips planned I haven’t cast a single line all day. All I’ve managed to do I smash my favourite rod to pieces.

More beer please….

(the fucking duck is still quite happy sat in the fridge)

Edited by beerwolf
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

So today and having two fishing trips planned I haven’t cast a single line all day. All I’ve managed to do I smash my favourite rod to pieces.

jfc man...sorry to hear that. I too hate it when people flake out on stuff last minute. unfortunately after people start having kids, this happens all the time. the number of times plans all got scrapped due to some kid issue (like some massive tantrum) is no joke. 

my FWP problem at the moment is it is hot AF here in Texas, and the air conditioning in my car apparently decided to stop working today. had to roll down the windows and let in that fresh 100f / 40c breeze as I drove past all the brown terrain that is the dying grass all around here.

• Thanks 1

It’s not the end of the world. Just one of those days I should of sat on my ass with a case of beer and listened to music all day and not left the house. I’m glad I gave my old friend the opportunity for his fishing trip. But I’m not sure wether his mind is in the right place. Thing is, it wasn’t last minute, the whole afternoon I’ve been strung along with excuses and stories. I’m not sure if in reality he was ever going fishing in the first place. When I decided to pull the plug because I’d had enough, he was apparently on the way to my house. And I knew that was gonna happen. I wasn’t born yesterday. He wasn’t on the way to my house at all. He just wished he was. Feel sorry for the guy more than anger.

• Like 2

was out of town for 2 weeks visiting family. got home last night. my house smells weird. i think it's just my house smell but i don't realize because i live here.. but being away.. and coming home.. opening door.. it smells weird. "is this just what my house smells like or is it because it was all sealed up for 2 weeks?"

also, this is from a couple weeks ago when i flew out to ft lauderdale. stop over in atlanta airport. sitting at the gate waiting.. i see a guy deplaning from the one gate over.. he is wasted. has a shirt on that says "DRINKS WELL WITH OTHERS" and i notice he looks like he just woke and is doing something weird w/his hands. i look him over and he's pissed himself and is wearing pink shorts like bathing suit type material and white crocks.. and his crocks are squeaking probably because they're full of piss.. as he passes i see his shorts are wet from piss in the back too. so i figure he got super wasted, fell asleep on the plane and pissed himself.. then woke when landing. he doesn't have anything w/him. no bag, no pockets in his shorts so has no wallet etc... he walks by towards to the bathroom. 

about 10 minutes later i decide to go pee before my plane boards.. i get about 20 steps from the bathroom and see 2 huge piles of pink red vomit. i about face and decide i'd rather pee on the plane. but then i was fixed on thinking about that guy who probably passed out hugging the toilet and puked a bunch more and is probably stranded because he sabotaged himself. and i felt gross for the whole flight. 

• Like 1
  • Burger 2

I have a deep dislike of related labels/artists posting the same release message, e.g. one cluster I follow sends out at least six every time something is released - and I mean extra messages to promote besides the actual release post. It's like crossposting on USENET or always using Reply All, nothing but noise.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Squee said:

Got into a verbal fight with some parents whose kid was having a party. Fucking idiots. 

Got into a verbal fight with some parents whose kid was having a party fucking idiots. 

• Farnsworth 1

What was supposed to be a 1h15m journey turned into a 3 hour journey thanks to somebody leaving a handbag on a train in a major station I was headed to causing all trains going to/ through that station to be halted where they were in the country for almost 2 hours.

Edited by milkface

5 hours ago, luke viia said:

$0.03 left on my auto loan and I just got a notice from the bank that I need to call them about this delinquency. Jesus wept.

that's some shit isn't it? i mean wtf. "Brazil" type of bureaucracy snag. 

fwp: super craving for ruffles brand original potato chips. eaten 2 mid sized bags in last 3 days. 

Edited by ignatius

On 7/12/2022 at 11:04 AM, ignatius said:

that's some shit isn't it? i mean wtf. "Brazil" type of bureaucracy snag. 

fwp: super craving for ruffles brand original potato chips. eaten 2 mid sized bags in last 3 days. 

yeah lol the bank shit is on automatic so this is probably some algorithm that caught an outstanding balance and just sent me the stock "you wouldn't want to owe us, would you?" email. Basically the loan was on autopay every month but interest added some pennies so the total didn't zero out at the end. And I can't wire 3 cents between accounts lol. I'm assuming there's at least a $35 fee waiting for me, but the phone call usually gets them to waive that nonsense. I did pay off the loan after all. *shakes fist*

hope your chip craving has faded, tongue-melting quantities of salt is a SFWP all its own

Edited by luke viia
  • Like 1

New relationship has left me with nary a moment to post SFWPs.  Except this one.

Also, I put on Exai while we were on shrooms, and within the first 10 seconds she said "it sounds like a bunch of tin cans clattering through my brain."  So I shut it off.  But she requested Aphex Twin after that, which resulted in us listening to Syro, which she enjoyed.  She wants to try the tin can track again sometime while sober, because she thinks she would like it normally.

There is this one guy i normally consider a friend that makes me feel like shit 9 out 10 times we interact. Even when it's talk about the most banal shit.I feel a sort of very intense self-loathing after almost every conversation, from having to deal from what feels like a subtle but powerful undercover contempt.

I think its time i consider this person a bully and not a friend anymore.

Edited by thefxbip

14 minutes ago, thefxbip said:

There is this one guy i normally consider a friend that makes me feel like shit 9 out 10 times we interact. Even when it's talk about the most banal shit.I feel a sort of very intense self-loathing after almost every conversation, from having to deal from what feels like a subtle but powerful undercover contempt.

I think its time i consider this person a bully and not a friend anymore.

Sound like the start of a good marriage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/11/2022 at 5:45 AM, kakapo said:

I have very poor bluetooth connectivity when standing outside my local mosque.  Probably the CIA.

congrats on your newfound faith.

getting tired of seeing "buy now 2.49" come up on amazon prime video. never in my life have i chosen so many things to watch and then not watched them.

couple of weeks ago i was very bored and added the Paramount+ free trial. obviously i didn't bother to take it off and i'm paying for that shit.

felt like shit last night, got exhausted with loss of emotion and empathy - that feeling when you're concerned about it, how much effort it takes to give a fuck but being aware of it as well.

then i'm choosing stuff to watch, and i can get Twin Peaks for free! hot damn it's been a while. that sublime movement of moody atmospheres rocked my world, as usual. got my emotions back.

only problem is the episodes begin with a new Paramount+ logo card. it's obnoxious - Twin Peaks has such a delicate blend of red tones and soft, warm light. and i cannot describe to you how my retinas screamed at this solid wall of bright, blue light which bulldozed into my sleepy little living room at 2am.

i figured it was a good time for a night time walk. this uk heatwave is a bitch and you honestly can't go out in the day.

everything is so pretty at night. at the top of the hill, by the main road just what did i find up there? a huge billboard for Paramount+ of course!

PXL_20220717_025217047.NIGHT.thumb.jpg.434aa69418f8d5d6661f4a43c7e482ca.jpg

someone in P+ has got those Twin Peaks vibes, i just know it. if you're reading this take out the blue square! more dreamy melatonin visuals plz

a deer died in my backyard ?

aside from being a soul-wrenching look into the transience of earthly life, it smells, big time

(he's too bulky for me to move on my own, so gotta wait for some assistance tomorrow)

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, luke viia said:

a deer died in my backyard ?

aside from being a soul-wrenching look into the transience of earthly life, it smells, big time

(he's too bulky for me to move on my own, so gotta wait for some assistance tomorrow)

oof. did it just croak of natural causes or is it wounded? deer can carry some weird wasting disease caused by ticks. how's it look? 

you could dig a hole and throw it in... then cover it up. 

edit: also, there's some road kill group on reddit where you can post and someone will come grab it and take it home and carve it up for food.  

Edited by ignatius