stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

41 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

the forum ads are starting to irritate me.

i have yet to see an ad when using in safari. i have ad blocker on though. 

• Like 1

Ahhh... totally forgot that I had to uninstall/reinstall chrome because of a virus a couple weeks ago.  Downloading an ad blocker now.  Thanks!

"18 ads blocked total"

damn, that was fast...

19 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

the forum My ads blocker are is starting to irritate me.

This fucking ad blocker is almost as annoying as the ads were.  There's a pop-up every time it does its job... so basically I'm getting an ad for a single product over and over again, defeating the whole purpose.  No idea what I was using before.  What's the best free one out there?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

Jfc just pay for a membership, how cheap are you guys lol

ha.. maybe that's why i don't see adverts? lols. $5 or whatever.  

need a new roof. have gotten 3 bids. settled on one and ready to accept the contract. but now i'm staring at it and not wanting to commit to anything so my phone is sitting there w/the number entered to call and proceed.. but again.. just staring at it... 

Perhaps a silly proposal but have you considered asking someone else to confirm for you? Additionally you could maybe agree with that person that if anything goes wrong or it turns out to be more costly than expected you may officially blame them because they sealed the deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, user said:

Perhaps a silly proposal but have you considered asking someone else to confirm for you? Additionally you could maybe agree with that person that if anything goes wrong or it turns out to be more costly than expected you may officially blame them because they sealed the deal.

yeah..  the roof was 5 years old when i moved in in 2006 so it's over 20 years old. i know it's time. every time i clean the gutters there's always lot's of granules from the shingles. i've had to fix some shingles over the years.. reattach some from wind damage and have lost a few permanently. 

the contractor is legit and there's all kinds of guarantees and they will fix any problem. the guaranteet is even transferable to a new owner if i sell my house. the materials they use today are better than what they used when my roof was new. so i know i'll get a good product it's just i hate spending large sums from my savings especially when i'm not working and shit like that.. but i think doing it now is the way to go w/uncertainty in the winds regarding all things supply chain related etc. price is probably better now than it will be in summer or next fall or whatever. 

it's that dance of talking myself into it rationally etc. also, being from south florida which is home to every kind of scam including roofers who take the deposit and never come back.. has me in a place that's more paranoid than most.. though w/yelp reviews and the contractors license number i look up history etc and can see that i'm not going into business w/a scammer or someone who will do a shit job of it. 

6 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Whatever the sum of money, just imagine how much duct tape you could buy for half that - your roof could last 1000 years.

mythbusters episode. 

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Got unusually tired at 11pm, so I went to bed and slept.  Now it's 2:30am and I'm wide awake (my normal bedtime is 4-5am).  Fuck.  Considering driving to the gas station to buy ice cream... but I have a sinking feeling they will be closed, and then I just don't know.  What i really want is coffee, but... 2:30am.  Hmmmmm.

2 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Got unusually tired at 11pm, so I went to bed and slept.  Now it's 2:30am and I'm wide awake (my normal bedtime is 4-5am).  Fuck.  Considering driving to the gas station to buy ice cream... but I have a sinking feeling they will be closed, and then I just don't know.  What i really want is coffee, but... 2:30am.  Hmmmmm.

24 hour McDonald's innit?

9 minutes ago, yekker said:

24 hour McDonald's innit?

I'd consider it if the drive thrus at the 2 nearest ones were open.  No way am I downloading the McDonald's app to make late night orders.  Milkshake would be good.

*set up an impromptu delivery shift and immediately got an order from Shell gas station.  Now i can be paid $15 to go get ice cream! FWS!

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Big Brain 1

just tried to make an appointment for an oil + filter change right after the employee on the phone kicked off with "thanks for calling X-company, no appointments necessary" :doge:

• Haha 1

finally got a new phone sorted. slightly better model except it's 2nd hand from an amazon seller and not in the best condition.

i tried playing the aphex twin collapse video on full volume/brightness to test it out. on this display, i get a camera zooming down a street in london, all smooth and crystal-clear with no issue at all.

what the fuck is wrong with this phone

The gas station air pump that costs $1.50 per pump turned on after I had put in just $1, but in the time it took me to process that fact I had alreadsy put in another quarter.  So I needlessly spent a quarter that I would otherwise still have to this very moment.  Life is such garbage.

I need to use iMovie on my computer but I can't cus I need to update the app via App-store.

Of course I have Forgot my Apple-ID password..
They say it is gonna take many days to ensure that I can get a new password sent. 
You want customer support? Sure.. Log in With your Apple-ID and we help you. 

Fuk Apple 

FWP:  When stores insidiously raise prices by putting stuff "on sale" for the price you've already been paying for them. (This just happened this week with like 3 products at my regular grocery store :facepalm:)

Prices go up, wages stay the same.

Edited by toaoaoad