IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

10 hours ago, zero said:

well that Heaven's Gate cult pushed their members to castrate themselves. are you willing to go whole hog on this endeavor? 'cause I'd think if you sliced off your own package, then they'd know you're not a faker.

Sacrifices may have to be made.:spiteful: But yeah, I think first comes the monetary sacrifice, then your time, friends, family, privacy, self-confidence, .. private parts..

My ex used to go see various Christian sects worship just out of interest. She told me that most of the people in those places just seemed to have some daddy issues.:shrug:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squee said:

Izotope RX is so god damn expensive.

they have good sales. also, there's always someone selling it super cheap on kvr. izotope stuff usually all goes cheap second hand

9 hours ago, zkom said:

I think first comes the monetary sacrifice, then your time, friends, family, privacy, self-confidence, .. private parts..

so in other words - pay money to some unhinged bunch of humans that will lead you down their cunningly designed pathway, all a part of a fraudulent scheme, which the end result is ego death. then and only then will you obey the leader of the scheme, and give everything you have to the group.

this all sounds very similar to a movement here in the US, known as MAGA...

7 hours ago, ignatius said:

they have good sales. also, there's always someone selling it super cheap on kvr. izotope stuff usually all goes cheap second hand

Yeah, I think I’ve found it on sale. If I buy Elements I can buy a cross upgrade and save around 60%. 

1 hour ago, Squee said:

Yeah, I think I’ve found it on sale. If I buy Elements I can buy a cross upgrade and save around 60%. 

I got a holiday elements bundle this year so I got RX8 Elements, Ozone 9 Elements, Neutron 3 Elements, Iris 2, Stutter Edit, etc for 54€. List price would have been 1187€ but I don't really need half of this stuff.

My biggest gripe with the Izotope products is that the VST plugins are such CPU hogs.

Update - so I’ve been kicked out of the JWs for “leaflet trolley misuse”. I fail to see how it’s my fault if people aren’t looking where they’re going and get ever so slightly ran over, just because it’s a pedestrianised town centre doesn’t mean you should be totally oblivious of vehicles. 

1 hour ago, zkom said:

I got a holiday elements bundle this year so I got RX8 Elements, Ozone 9 Elements, Neutron 3 Elements, Iris 2, Stutter Edit, etc for 54€. List price would have been 1187€ but I don't really need half of this stuff.

My biggest gripe with the Izotope products is that the VST plugins are such CPU hogs.

Yeah, it's kinda like Waves. Never pay full price. Or rather, with Waves you CAN'T buy it at full price. I don't think I've ever seen a Waves plugin being sold without a discount.

But I really need RX Advanced. And I do kinda want Ozone but only because of the limiter and stereo imager.

my oven/range which has been limping along on one leg for like a year has finally gone surrendered. yesterday was chilling int he basement when i smelled that burny smell and i went up stairs and it was extra hot in the kitchen for some reason.  oven had turned it self on and was like 450 degrees. so strange. it's not a digital oven. all analog. all the dials were off, oven was set to off etc. had to unplug it. now i gotta go buy a new oven.  it's so old they don't make parts for it anymore. at least not after searching the 3 or 4 on line appliance parts places.. i find the parts or various parts but "no longer available" or whatever. 

reading reviews of all these new ovens and there's like a ton of shit reviews. "glass door randomly exploded", "temperature not calculated correctly so everything burns" etc etc.. every brand has 60%ish good reviews and the rest are 3 or 4 stars and a bunch of 1 star reviews. 

they all seem to suck and be poorly made.. at least all the ones in my price range... 

On 7/28/2022 at 1:19 AM, Squee said:

But I really need RX Advanced

the standard version won't cut it for you? i can't remember but i thought the only difference was advanced can do surround formats or something?  

oh just looked.. it has the ambience match and dialogue isolate and a handful of other things. hmmm. 

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/rx/features.html#compare

Edited by ignatius
  • Sad 1

I use Mouth Declick, dialogue isolation, dereverb, dialogue denoise etc. all the time so I had to buy it. But now I have it and I got it for a very good price!

About a week ago I made an Instagram account after immense peer pressure.  I have spent the majority of the past week on it, during which time I've been slowly becoming more distrustful of my friends and feeling profoundly terrible about myself.  I've been increasingly pissed off and demotivated every day since starting my account.  Looking at the app has become my highest priority throughout the day.  I had an angry interaction with an old friend over messages which was very uncharacteristic of me.

I deleted my account just now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

On 7/30/2022 at 8:36 PM, drillkicker said:

About a week ago I made an Instagram account after immense peer pressure.  I have spent the majority of the past week on it, during which time I've been slowly becoming more distrustful of my friends and feeling profoundly terrible about myself.  I've been increasingly pissed off and demotivated every day since starting my account.  Looking at the app has become my highest priority throughout the day.  I had an angry interaction with an old friend over messages which was very uncharacteristic of me.

I deleted my account just now.

Social media in general can be pretty toxic, and opting out of it for a while amplifies that realization even more. I think I've gone nearly a week without browsing Reddit on my phone and already feel slightly healthier mentally. But I'm sorry you had to deal with that altercation.

Speaking of peer pressure, two of my coworkers want me to go to some shitty dive bar with them tomorrow night. They've been trying to talk me into it for a while. But I don't really have a viable excuse for opting out this time. 

Why me. I just wanna be left alone. But fuck it, I'll go just this once.

IRL socializing really isn't my thing. If I could get away with being a hikikomori until my dying days, I would.

• Like 1

Whenever a waiter brings me a drink or food and winks I get paranoid that what's wrong in the drink or food :cisfor:

Like the other day a waitress brought me my soup and said "here's you soup. enjoy!" *wink*. Why is she winking? lol. Is the soup poisoned? Did someone spit in it? Is she flirting and I'm misreading the signals? Is she just kidding around?

Then while I ate the said soup I started to Google for the restaurant to see what kind of reviews it had and I couldn't find the whole damn place in Google. It didn't even show up on the Google maps and I realized I was the only patron there. What kind of establishment is this in the first place? Is there some scam going?

I ate the soup, paid for my lunch and went on about my day.

Anyway, don't randomly wink at socially inept people, please.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, zkom said:

Whenever a waiter brings me a drink or food and winks I get paranoid that what's wrong in the drink or food :cisfor:

Like the other day a waitress brought me my soup and said "here's you soup. enjoy!" *wink*. Why is she winking? lol. Is the soup poisoned? Did someone spit in it? Is she flirting and I'm misreading the signals? Is she just kidding around?

Then while I ate the said soup I started to Google for the restaurant to see what kind of reviews it had and I couldn't find the whole damn place in Google. It didn't even show up on the Google maps and I realized I was the only patron there. What kind of establishment is this in the first place? Is there some scam going?

I ate the soup, paid for my lunch and went on about my day.

Anyway, don't randomly wink at socially inept people, please.

next time wink back 

• Big Brain 1

Smoking makes me feel terrible.  I don't even have an addiction, I just buy a pack of cigarettes on a whim every couple of months and i feel bad every time.  I don't understand why.

1 hour ago, drillkicker said:

Smoking makes me feel terrible.  I don't even have an addiction, I just buy a pack of cigarettes on a whim every couple of months and i feel bad every time.  I don't understand why.

Shot in the dark, but could this be why?

?

spacer.png

• Like 1

Internet on this ship is shitty af... 20kB/s... can't even download/upload a pic here on watmm...

20 hours ago, drillkicker said:

have you tried vaping? or even better, weed vapes?

On 8/4/2022 at 6:00 PM, ignatius said:

decided to snack on some chips and salsa. ate all the salsa. a bit burny in the chest now. i've not learned anything. 

pico de gallo is where it's at... have you tried it yet? with jalapeños?

On 8/4/2022 at 4:43 PM, yekker said:

I'm trying to find the site that makes random generated images like the images that appear in this video at the 1:30 mark

check the A.I. generated art thread then...

edit: nvrmnd I just saw now you already asked over there...

Edited by cruising for burgers

13 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:

have you tried vaping? or even better, weed vapes?

I tried vaping and it made me feel much much worse than smoking does.  Vaping is many times more addictive so I really don't want to do that.

I do want to try getting back into marijuana.  It has helped me with a lot over my life.  Unfortunately the last few times I got high I noticed that it was causing some of my schizoaffective symptoms to flare up which makes me kinda nervous, so I need to find an opportunity to ease into it with caution.

• Sad 1