Jump to content

stupid first world problems you're dealing with


Guest KY
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

My problem today is Zleppy Nouveau preemptively posting fws in fwp. You did good man, just enjoy it without over-analizing.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Silent Member said:

My problem today is Zleppy Nouveau preemptively posting fws in fwp. You did good man, just enjoy it without over-analizing.

Thanks!  I am really enjoying it, with little need for overanalysis.  She does enough of that for the both of us, but in a very healthy way.  There's never any doubt in my mind as to what she's thinking/feeling, because she shares it all in a very open, comprehendible way.  I get a sneak peak at her thought process any time she's working something out... which is a lot of the time.  And things are working out VERY good.  I've never had an easier time communicating with anyone.  Compatibility is off the charts in every way.  It's overwhelming but really comfortable/reassuring at the same time.

SFWP: only got 5 hours of very broken sleep, and made about a third of the $ I normally make in a week.  This is the problem with being happy - bank account suffers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

do you ever worry that you don't have much in common with people who share your interests? i've been revisiting The Caretaker's Everywhere at The End of Time and it's cool and all, but i don't really feel "with it" with the other folks who're listening to it.

Screenshot_20220528-224400.thumb.png.ea638014c800ddb08924edeaf8a31d2d.png

Screenshot_20220528-223951.thumb.png.99ee043dfa4979f36ce94fecfc90a8e7.png

actually just fuck discord altogether tbh.

  • Burger 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ignatius said:

engaged with an NRA chud on twitter. 

  Hide contents

FW_BIG.jpg

 

Men who show off big metal gun, have small meat gun.

  • Farnsworth 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Further, men with small meat gun often have accompanying meat butt plug.  This is society.

image.png.2fb010c55e3b33e9257062f8cd76f3c9.png

next time i hear someone say "he's packing", in any sentence, i'll think of this. thanks.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know how when you're getting to know someone who's creative, and it's always cool to have them share their art or whatever... well, this is still true for me.  But usually it's just a poem, or a song they wrote, or maybe a painting they did.  So you can briefly check it out and enjoy it, give some feedback, etc.  ...  Yeah, it dawned on me in this new relationship that I really have my work cut out for me.  The writing she wanted to share, which appeared in my inbox, is fucking 500+ pages hahahahaha.  I mean, I knew it was coming.  But the thought of me casually getting through that in a reasonable time frame while still just going about my life normally is fucking hilarious.  I read at a snail's pace, and there is already so much stuff I've meant to get caught up on.  It's okay though, I've already explained I'm damned near functionally illiterate, despite having a good understanding of composition, and a deep appreciation for writing, stories, and a desire to be more well read.

But yeah... such a big leap from "here's a poem I did years ago that I'm really proud of" to "here's the first couple parts of my fucking epic novel."  Hahahahaha... I like it though.  Still works as a SFWP imhotyvm.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Woke up really dizzy and nauseous yesterday, even hurled because of everything spinning. So I pretty much spent the last 24 hours in bed and now my back is killing me. Still a little dizzy and there's a headache in the mix now too. I'm hoping it's an inner ear infection and not a tia or something, I can't afford to turn into more of a drool dribbling idiot than I already am.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

For a few days now I’ve really needed a ultra massive shit and a satisfying clear out, yet not much seems to be happening. And it keeps building. It’s making me feel a bit off key and lethargic. I may see if the cornershop has some prune juice and drink a litre of the stuff. But probably buy some cider instead…..

Edited by beerwolf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/1/2022 at 9:48 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

You know how when you're getting to know someone who's creative, and it's always cool to have them share their art or whatever... well, this is still true for me.  But usually it's just a poem, or a song they wrote, or maybe a painting they did.  So you can briefly check it out and enjoy it, give some feedback, etc.  ...  Yeah, it dawned on me in this new relationship that I really have my work cut out for me.  The writing she wanted to share, which appeared in my inbox, is fucking 500+ pages hahahahaha.  I mean, I knew it was coming.  But the thought of me casually getting through that in a reasonable time frame while still just going about my life normally is fucking hilarious.  I read at a snail's pace, and there is already so much stuff I've meant to get caught up on.  It's okay though, I've already explained I'm damned near functionally illiterate, despite having a good understanding of composition, and a deep appreciation for writing, stories, and a desire to be more well read.

But yeah... such a big leap from "here's a poem I did years ago that I'm really proud of" to "here's the first couple parts of my fucking epic novel."  Hahahahaha... I like it though.  Still works as a SFWP imhotyvm.

On one first date I went to the woman brought her art portfolio to show. Like a literal folder filled with paintings and drawings. On the first date. In a cafe.

  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Well, were they any good?

Yeah, they were pretty good and she got into some art school later. She was just very bohemian or something I guess.

Not relating to the art but let's say some bit questionable life choices, though not drugs, it seemed like she was heading for trouble at the time. But what I heard from her a couple of years later she seemed to be doing ok. On that date I also realized that my own life is very mediocre and practically boring.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, zkom said:

Yeah, they were pretty good and she got into some art school later. She was just very bohemian or something I guess.

Not relating to the art but let's say some bit questionable life choices, though not drugs, it seemed like she was heading for trouble at the time. But what I heard from her a couple of years later she seemed to be doing ok. On that date I also realized that my own life is very mediocre and practically boring.

Hmmm, well I'm glad to hear things worked out for her.  Were/are you content with things being on the more mediocre and boring side, or did it make you want to shake things up a bit?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, zkom said:

On one first date I went to the woman brought her art portfolio to show. Like a literal folder filled with paintings and drawings. On the first date. In a cafe.

did she get the job?

  • Haha 2
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Hmmm, well I'm glad to hear things worked out for her.  Were/are you content with things being on the more mediocre and boring side, or did it make you want to shake things up a bit?

Well, sometime after that when I got laid off from work I gave up my apartment and bought a one-way ticket to the Caribbean and spent about 8 months traveling without a permanent residence. But I don't think it was that particular date that made me do it, but it was something I had been planning for years and the opportunity just came then. Maybe talking with her gave some extra push though.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

trying really hard not to post a rant online about some current ambient music or the current state of ambient music as i understand it or don't understand it apparently. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ignatius said:

trying really hard not to post a rant online about some current ambient music or the current state of ambient music as i understand it or don't understand it apparently. 

Hope you give in to the urge, love a good rant. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ignatius said:

trying really hard not to post a rant online about some current ambient music or the current state of ambient music as i understand it or don't understand it apparently. 

Do it

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This will be my Q2 oversharing self-pity post. I feel pretty good about it.

It seems that, somewhat inevitably, my stupid reptile dopamine fiend brain has finally fallen victim to some variation of the online shopping feedback shitshow. Getting into various forms of DIY combined with the sustained threat of various crises are kind of a perfect storm for fucking consumer simpletons like me. I don't actually buy that much, don't have the money and I'm terrified of debt and also it's not really the point anyway, but will spend ages and ages foraging for the best deal on the best whatever the fuck I think I need that will provide some relief or redemption or security or something. Back in my freebase cocaine addict days I had a few bouts of what is known as transient compulsive foraging where you start looking for bits of accidentally dropped coke, which in my case was triggered by finding an actual decently sized chunk under my kitchen table where I'd cook the freebase. Before I knew it I was literally on hands and knees going through every bit of white debris. Even though I was alone each time it happened I still felt embarrassed about this pathetic behaviour, being aware of what was going on and how unlikely it was that I'd find anything 10 meters from where I would smoke. Still it was very difficult to stop and when I finally did, I would easily lapse and go back to it and snap out of it after loading the umpteenth breadcrumb or bit of drywall into my pipe and coughing my lungs out and repeat the cycle. The current situation isn't nearly as bad but it sucks to realize what a fucking ridiculous weak willed pointless wanker I am and how easily I fall into the trap of thinking things are complex while it's just manifestations of the same basic instinctive/biological mechanism. It's shitheads like me why we can't have nice things. 

 

 

Edited by user
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My phone got obliterated the other night when it fell out of my pocket as I was getting out of a cab (unbeknownst to me).  I suspect a car ran it over at some point.  Possibly the same cab i got out of.  Didn't find out until the next day when i did some online phone tracking espionage.  Tracked it to a nearby gas station, GF phoned them, was told someone DID turn in a phone.  Drove there all excited to get my phone back.  Clerk pulls out the phone.  I'm like "oh that's not my phone, mine isn't completely obliterated.... oh shit that IS my phone.  Noooooooooo...."  On the bright side, I now have a brand new google pixel, which is the type of phone I've been sorely missing for the camera/video capabilities (had one once before, then dropped it a few inches to its death - got a much better case this time.)  But this leads to my OTHER SFWP which is that I need money!!  Fast!!  Ahhh!!!

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I now have Photoshop, a drawing pad, and a drawing glove. But I can't draw for shit. And I've been meaning to do a sketch for the past two weeks that I haven't started because there are lots of pros out there and I keep comparing myself to them and don't know what the hell I'm doing.

I guess at some point I just need to be like "fuck it" and start drawing anyway, despite being a total beginner.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

I now have Photoshop, a drawing pad, and a drawing glove. But I can't draw for shit. And I've been meaning to do a sketch for the past two weeks that I haven't started because there are lots of pros out there and I keep comparing myself to them and don't know what the hell I'm doing.

I guess at some point I just need to be like "fuck it" and start drawing anyway, despite being a total beginner.

Start with something you like, like boobs...

  • Burger 3
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.