IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Jeez. Rarely do I get upset stomach (it’s made from cast iron) but had diarrhoea so bad yesterday evening. It took five Imodium in a couple of hours to get it under control, six is the dose for a whole day. Usually two will do the trick. Obviously not at work today as I’m physically wiped out. I can’t even say what caused it. Quite sure it wasn't anything I ate as all I had was some fruit and some nuts before it started. Not exactly food that’s gonna make you shit through the eye of a needle. Probably a bug I picked up on my fingers.

I have a curse.  I am uniquely marked with an evil sign that will stay with me until death.  I am fundamentally different from other people.  I am condemned by people and I need to find a way to live without anyone else around me.

1 hour ago, brian trageskin said:

my man, you're just having an episode. 

I think I just spend too much time with shitty people.  The extreme majority of people my age are severely selfish and fake.  Narcissism is disturbingly pervasive.  I need to get away from bad people and move my life somewhere else.

43 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

I think I just spend too much time with shitty people.  The extreme majority of people my age are severely selfish and fake.  Narcissism is disturbingly pervasive.  I need to get away from bad people and move my life somewhere else.

I hear you on that loud and clear.

I wonder if narcissism is amplified by using social media. Curating and distorting a presentation of one’s self on a daily basis probably gives someone further license to be a selfish prick in real-life social situations. Seems so, right?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I wonder if narcissism is amplified by using social media. Curating and distorting a presentation of one’s self on a daily basis probably gives someone further license to be a selfish prick in real-life social situations. Seems so, right?

nailed it. that's exactly what it does for the majority of FB/twitter/IG/whatever users. it is self aggrandizing to the max in the online sphere, for people who may not act like that in actuality. I think for heavy users it is only a matter of time before the online depiction of one's self (the one that brags/shows off, acts like a boss) and real self start blending together.

that's currently where we are in human society, I think. a lot of heavy social media users out there, who have all turned into giant pricks in the real world. these people think they are so important, all because they have X number of followers. their insane beliefs, like JFK coming back from the dead, or other such nonsense, is all reinforced by other people exactly like them on their twitters, or what not. this is known in psychology as an echo chamber effect:

The echo chamber effect occurs online when a harmonious group of people amalgamate and develop tunnel vision. Participants in online discussions may find their opinions constantly echoed back to them, which reinforces their individual belief systems due to the declining exposure to other's opinions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

my roommate is annoying af... he insists in opening his bed curtains just to greet me good morning, and today I was taking a shower and he did the same, "good morning TimJ", he's not being polite, he's just lame... it's that kind of person that starts mimicking the TV when I'm there but I bet he doesn't do it when he's alone in the room... just kindly fuck of dude... everything is a reason for him to have a conversation... can't these people read the room??? ffs...

10 hours ago, zero said:

nailed it. that's exactly what it does for the majority of FB/twitter/IG/whatever users. it is self aggrandizing to the max in the online sphere, for people who may not act like that in actuality. I think for heavy users it is only a matter of time before the online depiction of one's self (the one that brags/shows off, acts like a boss) and real self start blending together.

that's currently where we are in human society, I think. a lot of heavy social media users out there, who have all turned into giant pricks in the real world. these people think they are so important, all because they have X number of followers. their insane beliefs, like JFK coming back from the dead, or other such nonsense, is all reinforced by other people exactly like them on their twitters, or what not. this is known in psychology as an echo chamber effect:

wtf do u guys keep using social media to connect with your 'friends'?

I've said this a million times before, just like or follow or whatever pages you want, news, directors, musicians, movies, music, aqua polo, animals, graphic art, whatever, but just don't add friends or personal accounts ffs... don't use your real name and don't accept friend requests...

this way you have a 'journal' with only things you dig...

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

12 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

my roommate is annoying af... he insists in opening his bed curtains just to greet me good morning, and today I was taking a shower and he did the same, "good morning TimJ", he's not being polite, he's just lame... it's that kind of person that starts mimicking the TV when I'm there but I bet he doesn't do it when he's alone in the room... just kindly fuck of dude... everything is a reason for him to have a conversation... can't these people read the room??? ffs...

well you obviously aren't threatening enough. start using some jedi mind tricks and make him bend to your will. don't you know how to do that man?

16 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

wtf do u guys keep using social media to connect with your 'friends'?

I've said this a million times before, just like or follow or whatever pages you want, news, directors, musicians, movies, music, aqua polo, animals, graphic art, whatever, but just don't add friends or personal accounts ffs... don't use your real name and don't accept friend requests...

this way you have a 'journal' with only things you dig...

Thats what ive been doing, it's pretty good.  I call it "antisocial media"

needed a new cycling hat. my pabst $7 hat that i've worn for like 10 years is starting to fall apart. it fits perfectly though and most cycling hats are too damn tight and strangle my skull. i have good winter hats for cycling but not good summer hats other than the PBR hat. so, i stopped by my local fav bike shop who has some hats. found some larger ones that fit well. spendy but i figured good since i won't be buying any more hats for years. so, i didn't look in the mirror w/the hats i tried on. .only judged the fit by the feel of them.  bought 2 hats. both fit well. 

when i got home i looked in the mirror and idk. one is kinda baggy in places. the other has a tiny bill. both fit under the helmet perfectly though so there's that. they're not ideal but are comfortable and i will have to wear them in i guess. 

tldr. hats i bought aren't perfect but will do. 

On 8/9/2022 at 6:52 PM, zero said:

ty for this post, it can't be stated enough. social media is hot-wiring people's brains left-right and center, and it worries me just how many of them are now old enough to start shaping society - from college graduates to people in big positions who call the shots.

that's my take on it fuck it im bored. fwp chatting online and not even finishing what im saying fuck everything i just wanna put out react emotes on discord

• Like 2

my phone broke last night and I had to spend $180 on an iPhone 8 until I can fix it.  I drove around aimlessly without a map looking for another google pixel and nobody had them so I had to settle for this pos phone that I hate.

I think one of my best clients is trying to ditch me in favour of third world country labor. This is fucking me up because it means that I'll lose a big percentage of my income and my girlfriend and I are looking for a new place to live. Fuck me.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

these fucking browsers for android suck ass, and don't get me wrong me likes to suck a tasty ass but these fucks keep refreshing pages that I already loaded... my connection is shit here on the ship so I just open the pages, wait for them to load and immediately log out of my ship's internet so that I don't spend my minutes... but then I scroll trough these already loaded tabs and these cunts keep trying to refresh when I'm logged out so I lose the pages I've already loaded... who's behind this maquiavelic schemes?

oh and another really strange thing is that the maximum speed I get on my cellphone is around 20kbps (yes you've heard it right, twenty fucking kilobytes per second) but when I use my laptop I get around 500kbps... I've tried different browsers and tweaked up the network settings in the phone's developer options and nothing... it happens with my mates phones as well so... go figure... but it really pisses me off...

1 hour ago, TubularCorporation said:

Basement crickets.

Bro. I feel you. We have a cricket that lives under our front doorstep that normally doesn’t bother me but last night something about the volume and frequency gave me a splitting headache. I won’t kill him tho. I’ve caught hood ass and thrown him outside maybe 5 or 6 times but he keeps coming back. 

I don't mind the chirping at all, but I have my music stuff set up in a finished room the people who were here before me built down there and nowdays I do most of my work from home and a lot of it gets done down there, too.  So far in the last 3 days I've caught one cricket, found a second dead one, and I can still hear at least three more.  One cricket is cute, two is fine, five is too many crickets (plus I don't want anything else coming in through the spot the crickets found, but it's up behind some wiring in the ceiling and I can't even see it - I just know where it is because there's always at least one of them chirping up there, and the ohters are near that spot.