IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

was gone from work for a little over a week and upon my return there is so much bullshit done incorrectly that I have to fix -- e.g. just found an accounting error of over fifteen THOUSAND dollars -- that I am tempted to quit on the spot. jfc. didn't realize I was the only thing holding this place together. and one of my bosses literally did the exact opposite of what I requested before I left and has agreed to pay thousands of $$ for inventory we don't even have room for

:cerious: :cerious: :cerious: :cerious:

Edited by luke viia
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, luke viia said:

was gone from work for a little over a week and upon my return there is so much bullshit done incorrectly that I have to fix -- e.g. just found an accounting error of over fifteen THOUSAND dollars -- that I am tempted to quit on the spot. jfc. didn't realize I was the only thing holding this place together. and one of my bosses literally did the exact opposite of what I requested before I left and has agreed to pay thousands of $$ for inventory we don't even have room for

:cerious: :cerious: :cerious: :cerious:

ask for a raise asap. 

my FWP is basically being mad at stupid drivers (always in BMW) who have no idea of their surroundings and so they do "crazy ivan" style u-turns in the middle of the street right in front me when i'm on my bike and i get set off for a while in stupid rage at stupid people. 

on my street which is a wide street. room for cars parked on both sides and still room for cars to drive in both directions. was coming back from a bike ride and due in front of me in a BMW creeping along like he's looking for something then he pulls right like he's going to park on the curb on the right side of the street.. practically pulls into a spot behind a car already parked (no turn signal of course) then he immediately whips left and cranks the steering wheel to do a u-turn and park on the opposite side of the street. all w/o looking and w/o any turn signals (why do bmws even have turn signals.. fucking never use them) and i'm right there in the road so i wave my arms and tell him to look first next time.. he mumbles something and goes about his business. I wish i'd said "a fucking turn signal is a beautiful thing" or something.. but whatever.. was half a block from my door. 

fuckn cars. harumph. 

On 8/10/2022 at 10:19 AM, zero said:

well you obviously aren't threatening enough. start using some jedi mind tricks and make him bend to your will. don't you know how to do that man?

so, after a while, I got fed up and I started giving him the silent treatment, not even that actually, I gave him the monosyllabic treatment, basically just yes, no, yo, morning, cya... he ended up coming to me asking if everything was alright between us and I told him I would talk directly with his supervisor to which he then replied "but TimJ, you can talk directly with me" to which I then replied, "I dont feel like it..."

2 days after that he asked to move cabins and now I live alone in a 2 persons cabin... I'm an awful person... ?

• Like 1

The handle broke off of my bathroom sink faucet this morning while the water was still running. I was panicking for a minute because I couldn't shut the water off. But then I just pressed down as hard as possible on the metal frame where the handle used to be and managed to finally close it.

Not too concerned about buying a replacement, so long as it's an easy fix. But I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've had this happen.

1 hour ago, ambermonke said:

The handle broke off of my bathroom sink faucet this morning while the water was still running. I was panicking for a minute because I couldn't shut the water off. But then I just pressed down as hard as possible on the metal frame where the handle used to be and managed to finally close it.

Not too concerned about buying a replacement, so long as it's an easy fix. But I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've had this happen.

there should be another 'main' faucet below the sink or close to where you have your home water counter/meter... but I guess you already know that... if not, I'll give one of my burgers...

• Burger 1

my cellphone carrier is pretty good, it's Mexican, called Bait, I have 3 months unlimited for 28 bucks... works in LA and in Mexico so it's all I need... but there's that FAIR USE Policy, don't know how it's called in English, so I have 20Gb 4g full speed and after that my speed goes down to 3g or 2g, something like that... but this decay only happened in the states so I called customer service...

my complaint is that I called customer service and they're so ignorant that they kept insisting that my phone wasn't compatible with their sim card (you can check this on their site using your cellphone's IMEI), even after I tell them that I've been using it for ages on this phone...

I ended buying a new sim card and obviously as I thought it's working fine like before... these customer service people could as well be internet bots...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSx66myAUVOBaDotDC8-Lr

Edited by cruising for burgers

1 hour ago, cruising for burgers said:

there should be another 'main' faucet below the sink or close to where you have your home water counter/meter... but I guess you already know that... if not, I'll give one of my burgers...

You mean like a shutoff valve? I was already able to shut the faucet off directly. But I won't use it again until I replace the handle.

• Big Brain 1

On 9/1/2022 at 3:04 PM, ignatius said:

ask for a raise asap.

this is good advice

but... I just put in my two weeks notice :cisfor: FEELS GOOD

(I had to fight for my last raise 1.5 years ago, and it was peanuts when they eventually agreed - I even made a graph showing that inflation had been outpacing my pay raises for over three years. dorky, but it worked lol)

• Like 3

new sfwp: I'm a renter, and someone just crashed their car on the long driveway leading to my house (nobody was hurt) by letting it roll down a hill and into the bushes, where it slowly stopped. Apparently these people got out of the vehicle for some reason, and it wasn't in park. big brain time. By the time I saw what had happened, 2 officers were already working with the vehicle owner, who was hysterical (shouting "I DONT DESERVE THIS" and other such lamentations, despite seemingly being in no physical or legal trouble whatsoever). So I tell the cops that I need to call the property owners, can they tell me what happened, etc. "Car slid backwards, there's no damage" he says. The car hasn't been moved; how could they tell there's no damage to the property? So I call my landlord. "Have them call me," he says. So I go back to the officer, hand him the number of the property owner, and he tells me he's not calling anyone and that he won't be telling me anything either. WTF is this? Cops show up to remove a car from private property, and refuse to contact the property owners??

tbf I'm leaving out a few details bc sensitive, but yeah. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. When I called my LL back I told him "I'm not sure it's wise for me to go play investigative journalist..." and he agreed, adding "I don't want you handcuffed on the ground. I'll call them instead." what a fucking country. acab. 

Edited by luke viia

daily sfwp 2.0 and 2.5

got new tires this morning. problem 2.0: that's expensive, and I just quit my damn job. problem 2.5: while the shop was working on it, a guy came out and warned me that one of the lug nuts might break off. I said okay, well you can't really stop now, thanks for the warning. indeed, they busted a nut on that tire. so now I'm out here driving with a busted nut, and I was warned that if just one more nut busts, I'm in danger ?

• Like 1

I have been working on memorizing a spoken passage that I wrote for my next live performance and it has put me in a weird mood today.  I wrote the most negative and upsetting cynical rant that I could think of and have now been repeating it to myself on a loop all day long.  I feel dirty.

On 9/13/2022 at 5:43 PM, toaoaoad said:

Indestructible mildew stank in my towels. Soaked in Oxy-clean, double wash, still there. :confuzzled:

I feel your pain. Are your towels colored or white?

I used to have colored towels but couldn’t get them to smell not-mildewy so I got rid of them. Ever since,I’ve only had white towels at home and no mildew smell. I only bleach them once in a blue moon but it is enough to do the trick. I also hang-dry them fully unfolded over the curtain rod, which also helps. 

I've never experienced stagefright during a performance but for some reason I usually feel nervous before I actually go up.  I have it pretty bad today and I'm playing last so I will have to feel this way for quite a while. :psyduck:

ordered some shoes from ebay but they're too small...

20 hours ago, drillkicker said:

I've never experienced stagefright during a performance but for some reason I usually feel nervous before I actually go up.  I have it pretty bad today and I'm playing last so I will have to feel this way for quite a while. :psyduck:

diazepan

super feisty coyotes where i live. they keep killing deer but not eating them, WTF coyotes. i keep a switchblade in my pocket every time i go outside cuz [i'm not into guns, and] idk if making noise and tossing shit in their general direction is gonna do much. COME AT ME BRO

• Like 1

have a friend who likes to text a lot but he's not an apple user so i end up having these long text conversations typing into my stupid phone because he won't download Signal so i can type from desktop. i hate stupid long text conversations via the phone. who does that? ugh. 

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

have a friend who likes to text a lot but he's not an apple user so i end up having these long text conversations typing into my stupid phone because he won't download Signal so i can type from desktop. i hate stupid long text conversations via the phone. who does that? ugh. 

is he using WhatsApp?