IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

12 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:

is he using WhatsApp?

Idk. Just standard text messaging. I don’t use WhatsApp though. Signal would be good. Could type from laptop instead of thumbs on phone. 

2 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

just asked because there's WhatsApp for desktop... ??‍♂️

Signal is available cross platform for mobile and desktop. is encrypted etc.. so would be the way to go.. 

the HVAC unit has a little pump on the side of it connected to small pvc pipe that goes into the stack. there's a pan in the stack that collects condensation and directs it to the pvc pipe and then down to the pump which turns on when water gets to a certain level and pumps the water out via a tube into the basin sink in the basement. 

over the last couples days water started leaking out of the back of the stack on the corner then dripping down the side and making a puddle and eventual stream that goes into the drain in the basement. so, i figured maybe the pan that collects the water had rusted out in one place or something.. or the pipe was clogged. pipe is pvc all glued together. i started to try and take it apart a bit then stopped because i know once i start taking shit apart i'm gonna be there for hours and it's probably some other problem and i'm just going to have to call the service tech anyways. i didn't want to pull the side of the stack off because it's all taped up w/metal duct tape and screwed w/those little hexagonal metal screws. 

so fuck it.. i get the service tech out this morning. i knew it'd be $189 for the service call.  he takes the pump apart, drills a hole in the pvc pipe at the top and blows it out and flushes everything out. it was clogged w/green goo from about 15 years of use. or something. 

total bill $262.65   half an our of labor + the service call. 

shit drives me crazy but at least i know what to do next time this happens.. in 15 years. these kinds of lessons from service techs get expensive. 

B769FDCC-469A-40BD-97DC-9340DF7E372B.thumb.jpeg.045ec3104474bfddb0a825105519fa91.jpeg

Walked into my local beer shop and I said

HEY SQUID FACE FETCH MY CASE OF BEER!!!

He refused so I put a harpoon through the centre of his skull. Now he’s dead and pinned against the wall with the life draining out of him. And changing colour. Like all Squid do.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

45 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i started to try and take it apart a bit then stopped because i know once i start taking shit apart i'm gonna be there for hours and it's probably some other problem and i'm just going to have to call the service tech anyways.

ha! I can totally relate. my kitchen faucet started leaking and so I bought a new one at lowes. they wanted like $250 to install it and I was like nope, gonna do it myself. there are youtube videos for everything, and I own tools, so...I finally get around to changing it out and surprise surprise...the biggest PITA is getting the old faucet out of there. I realized once I was under the sink that the original installer had to bend the shit out out the metal sink to get the circular nut that holds the faucet in place on, and there was no way now to get it off with a standard set of pliers/vice grips. so I ended up calling a handyman who came out the same day (!) and had to use a metal cutting saw (the saw I own is for tree trimming, not cutting through metal) to get the old faucet out. so yeah...I could have just called him from the get go and saved myself from a lot of sweating and cursing to get to the exact same point lol. luckily handyman fees are much cheaper than service/install techs.

• Like 1

job interviews are f'in stressful. "tell us about yourself" - well, I have all 14 badges on watmm.com, which makes me a Grand Master, and I make generative bardcore music in my spare time

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

26 minutes ago, luke viia said:

job interviews are f'in stressful. "tell us about yourself" - well, I have all 14 badges on watmm.com, which makes me a Grand Master, and I make generative bardcore music in my spare time

i'm going to be getting into some interviews in the coming weeks/months until i find some job that isn't a torment. been a while since i had to interview for a job. all my recent jobs were "hey, we want you to do this. whatta ya say?" 

i'm sure i don't know what i'm in for so i'm just gonna try not to laugh too much during any interview. 

5 hours ago, luke viia said:

Bro, bardcore? Fuck man I’ve never heard of this, I’m imagine some absolutely wicked verse coming out of this genre. 

my cat was off her food two weeks ago so we took her to vet, thinking it might be an impacted hairball. She's a prolific hairball expeller and we read online about them going 'the wrong way' and clogging up their guts.

Vet said her kidneys were enlarged and did blood test/urine analysis etc (and raping my wallet in the process)

Second vet visit she's now skeletal, vet wanted to hospitalise her to the tune of £1,900. We don't have that kind've money just laying around.

The seemingly more senior vet in the back chimed in at that point and pointed out kidney failure in a cat that young (she's 8 ) would point to underlying issues and wanted to do an ultrasound scan.

So it turns out she has terminal stomach cancer, and has weeks to live.

She's now on steriods, nausea inhibitors and appetite stimulants, and is back to her old self-ish. A bit more lethargic but still bright eyed and bushy tailed.

The next month is gonna fucking suck.

Edited by hello spiral
  • Sad 7

I have been drinking a lot of Kratom lately and I think it’s feeling really good. All my muscles relax and I feel very calm and pleased and sleep like a baby, almost nodding away even when I don’t plan to do that. It relieves all minor little pains or headaches but makes me feel a bit nauseous when I drink too much, which also comes from the unpleasant bitter taste and it inhibits my appetite and makes it hard to focus because I tend to get into some kind of pleasant trance like state when concentrating on anything. It’s like I focus on something without really paying attention, the mind just drifts off and I have no control over it.  Also, it’s hard to cum when having sex because it seems to numb the sexual pleasure the same way it numbs pain, which definitely is a downside. It’s not that there is no feeling at all, it just seems to put a ceiling to any physical sensation or emotion, taking the edge off of everything. Loud noises and bad music are no longer irritating and I generally can’t be annoyed as easily. But it makes sex significantly worse because of that cloudy feeling. What do you think about Kratom? Did it help you get off of opioids? I personally wouldn’t recommend it because of how it affects my appetite and sex drive but it would be a really good thing if it wasn’t for these downsides. So I won’t be touching it that much anymore…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

I have been drinking a lot of Kratom lately and I think it’s feeling really good. All my muscles relax and I feel very calm and pleased and sleep like a baby, almost nodding away even when I don’t plan to do that. It relieves all minor little pains or headaches but makes me feel a bit nauseous when I drink too much, which also comes from the unpleasant bitter taste and it inhibits my appetite and makes it hard to focus because I tend to get into some kind of pleasant trance like state when concentrating on anything. It’s like I focus on something without really paying attention, the mind just drifts off and I have no control over it.  Also, it’s hard to cum when having sex because it seems to numb the sexual pleasure the same way it numbs pain, which definitely is a downside. It’s not that there is no feeling at all, it just seems to put a ceiling to any physical sensation or emotion, taking the edge off of everything. Loud noises and bad music are no longer irritating and I generally can’t be annoyed as easily. But it makes sex significantly worse because of that cloudy feeling. What do you think about Kratom? Did it help you get off of opioids? I personally wouldn’t recommend it because of how it affects my appetite and sex drive but it would be a really good thing if it wasn’t for these downsides. So I won’t be touching it that much anymore…

lower your dose. i started making kratom tea a while ago. i'm so glad to have found a thing that can be a bit of a vice since i can't enjoy anything else because health issues etc.  i make kratom tea.. add a touch of lemon juice then sweeten w/honey. i only use one teabag and let it steep for 30 minutes in a sealed thermos mug thing. it's a pleasant mood lift and helps w/fatigue a lot. it's kind of surprising. 

if i use 2 teabags it's a different experience. i get spaced out and drifty in the head for a while but it's still enjoyable. 

there's different strains of the plant. i'm using the white borneo day time and the red something at night which helps w/relaxation. 

the white borneo is more uplifting especially in low dose. i do it in the morning pre-bike ride and have been riding a lot more. not that the kratom is all responsible for that.. i've been adding miles to my rides for the last several months trying to get my strength back and overcome cancer medication fatigue. 

it 100% improves my mood and makes me a bit less gloomy. haven't noticed any real side effects at the low dose other than positive ones. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Alcofribas said:

Bro, bardcore? Fuck man I’ve never heard of this, I’m imagine some absolutely wicked verse coming out of this genre. 

that's exactly what the committee said. I'm scheduled for a second interview and have to bring my aleatoric lyre. fml

• Like 2

Neighbors are loud af lately. It's not even music playing, they just literally don't know when to stfu. Virtually no concept of AM or PM.

I'm just glad I have a weekend getaway arranged that I've been planning for a while anyway.

• Like 2

I need a new pair of [dj] kicks and I just learned both of my go-tos for like the past 20 years - Onitsuka Tiger Ultimate 81, Saucony Jazz Low Pro - have been discontinued.  I just want fucking easy sneakers, FucKk

Edited by BobDobalina

35 minutes ago, BobDobalina said:

I need a new pair of [dj] kicks and I just learned both of my go-tos for like the past 20 years - Onitsuka Tiger Ultimate 81, Saucony Jazz Low Pro - have been discontinued.  I just want fucking easy sneakers, FucKk

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdGF0aWMuZmFzaGlvbnVuaXRlZC5j

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1

50 minutes ago, BobDobalina said:

what about the 574?

ml574evg_nb_02_i?$dw_detail_main_lg$&bgc

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdGF0aWMuZmFzaGlvbnVuaXRlZC5j

None of the appliances here have an OOF setting this large

46 minutes ago, yekker said:

what about the 574?

ml574evg_nb_02_i?$dw_detail_main_lg$&bgc

I already get enough tail in the old folks home, these would just put me over the top

• Haha 1

I have these 57/40s but I don't think they are what you're after

m5740ca_nb_02_i?$dw_detail_main_lg$&bgc=

39 minutes ago, BobDobalina said:

I already get enough tail in the old folks home, these would just put me over the top

• Haha 1

I slammed a bottle of Gatorade Zero into my nuts as I grabbed it out of the fridge, in an attempt to prevent its fall. The impact brought me to my knees.

How foolish I was, to think that accidentally pranking myself was a worthy risk of preventing an unopened plastic bottle from falling like two feet.