IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

15 hours ago, ambermonke said:

I slammed a bottle of Gatorade Zero into my nuts as I grabbed it out of the fridge, in an attempt to prevent its fall. The impact brought me to my knees.

solution: wear this at all times

spacer.png

I blew up on another dad in a baby swim class today because he has been straight up mean to his baby for weeks (repeatedly talking down to him, calling him names and verbally punishing the baby for not doing things right… and his baby is probably about 18 months old, not kidding) and I just had enough of it. 
I had already called in a complaint a couple weeks ago because I was worried about the child and wanted it to be on record. Apparently another parent had called in too, as I found out from the instructor, whom I apologized to for my outburst after class. It was good to know I wasn’t the only parent who noticed his behavior. 
It was the last day of class and he (once again) was depriving his kid of the “playtime” portion of class (where babies play with toys in the pool) because his baby wasn’t able to climb out of the pool the way he wanted him to, even though the baby actually did it once in class today. I just snapped and yelled at him “just let him play with the fuckin toys! Stop being so mean to him!” and a few other things. 
I was so upset and knew I kinda crossed a line so I kept far away from him for the remainder of the class but he confronted me when I got out of the pool and I said I was sick of hearing him week after week insulting his kid and calling him names. He said “I don’t call him names!” and I said “today you called him lazy!” and he paused and told me that wasn’t a name. I said “go ahead and screw up your kid” and a few other things. Then I hid behind a corner and waited for him to get his things together but he lingered for a really long time and I was afraid he was waiting for a fight so I just stayed hidden with my baby behind a pillar for 10 or 15 minutes until he was gone.
The whole thing shook me up but I didn’t want a fight. I just had enough of seeing this heartless prick being verbally abusive to a baby for 6 weeks straight or whatever. I’m a bit embarrassed for yelling and swearing in front of the other parents and their babies tho. Not exactly a good look. 

• Sad 3

8 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I blew up on another dad in a baby swim class today because he has been straight up mean to his baby for weeks (repeatedly talking down to him, calling him names and verbally punishing the baby for not doing things right… and his baby is probably about 18 months old, not kidding) and I just had enough of it. 
I had already called in a complaint a couple weeks ago because I was worried about the child and wanted it to be on record. Apparently another parent had called in too, as I found out from the instructor, whom I apologized to for my outburst after class. It was good to know I wasn’t the only parent who noticed his behavior. 
It was the last day of class and he (once again) was depriving his kid of the “playtime” portion of class (where babies play with toys in the pool) because his baby wasn’t able to climb out of the pool the way he wanted him to, even though the baby actually did it once in class today. I just snapped and yelled at him “just let him play with the fuckin toys! Stop being so mean to him!” and a few other things. 
I was so upset and knew I kinda crossed a line so I kept far away from him for the remainder of the class but he confronted me when I got out of the pool and I said I was sick of hearing him week after week insulting his kid and calling him names. He said “I don’t call him names!” and I said “today you called him lazy!” and he paused and told me that wasn’t a name. I said “go ahead and screw up your kid” and a few other things. Then I hid behind a corner and waited for him to get his things together but he lingered for a really long time and I was afraid he was waiting for a fight so I just stayed hidden with my baby behind a pillar for 10 or 15 minutes until he was gone.
The whole thing shook me up but I didn’t want a fight. I just had enough of seeing this heartless prick being verbally abusive to a baby for 6 weeks straight or whatever. I’m a bit embarrassed for yelling and swearing in front of the other parents and their babies tho. Not exactly a good look. 

this is very, very relatable. i'm exactly the same - when i'm in public and i see something like a baby crying, i'm totally fine with it (even on a long bus ride) as long as the parent is cool about it. but there is nothing worse then seeing a parent treating a kid like shit, i have sadly seen it many times and it's horrible - and you wanna do something about, it feels urgent like few other things. but then you know you're gonna get shit.

what you have is the typical combination of not wanting any confrontation/conflict with a stranger while being reasonably, justly outraged by their despicable behaviour. your heart is in the right place on both counts.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dragon said:

what you have is the typical combination of not wanting any confrontation/conflict with a stranger while being reasonably, justly outraged by their despicable behaviour. your heart is in the right place on both counts.

yeah any of us that are parents have had to bear witness to horrendous parenting skills out there in the wild. in some ways it makes you see how some people turn out to be no good. from the get go, they were handed the wrong skill set/training to function in life. when parents are constantly angry and pestering their kids about shit, what do you think this person is going to turn into one day? it does take effort to keep this in check, because as any parent knows - kids require a shit ton of patience to deal with.

the western, more individualistic societal model of raising kids is also far different from when humans first appeared on this planet. humans started in a mostly a collectivistic sense, raising kids in tribes, where not just the parents were responsible for the kids upbringing, but the entire tribe/pack was there also to look after and raise the child. it's a pretty alien concept to most of us that grew up in a home with just mom & dad, and were raised to follow this same path. it's mostly the eastern and 3rd world countries that still follow this collectivistic model, and most all the people I've encountered from these places who were raised this way seem quite alright. it's once families from these places move to 'merica/UK/Europe and adhere to the western model is when the child rearing thing becomes much more, ahem, challenging...  

13 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I blew up on another dad in a baby swim class

props to you man. glad you called it in too. so crazy to see parents talking down to actual babies. wtf. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/6/2022 at 4:50 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

I stopped taking my 14 mnth old to swim classes because one of the other dads clearly didn't know how to wash his arse properly and I was sick of smelling it in the changing room. (I double checked and it definitely wasn't my own arse)

• Haha 1

my neighbor is about half way thru having a new roof put on his house. they're working every day so saturday no exception.  hammering starts at 8am. yesterday start at 730am.  it's an average size house but they're getting all the plywood replaced as well so it's like double hammering amount... not just shingles and flashing. ugh. 

also, somehow i fucked my shoulder just by existing. no fall or twist or anything. just one day it hurt like hell and it's been 2 weeks. it's probably impinged tendon thingy. makes sleep even more challenging and restless. every morning is a fresh hell of trying to get some range of motion into my shoulder. gonna go stubbornly bike ride anyways because i hate everything and bike is a good medicine for this. 

10 minutes ago, ignatius said:

my neighbor is about half way thru having a new roof put on his house. they're working every day so saturday no exception.  hammering starts at 8am. yesterday start at 730am.  it's an average size house but they're getting all the plywood replaced as well so it's like double hammering amount... not just shingles and flashing. ugh. 

also, somehow i fucked my shoulder just by existing. no fall or twist or anything. just one day it hurt like hell and it's been 2 weeks. it's probably impinged tendon thingy. makes sleep even more challenging and restless. every morning is a fresh hell of trying to get some range of motion into my shoulder. gonna go stubbornly bike ride anyways because i hate everything and bike is a good medicine for this. 

may I recommend a baby swim class?

I'll take you, just let me finish shooting this roof nailer wildly into the air

1 hour ago, Wunderbar said:

Don't babies float automatically?

Nevermind

edit: wow automerge made this post even less coherent than intended. read what you will

Edited by luke viia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

gonna go stubbornly bike ride anyways because i hate everything and bike is a good medicine for this. 

deep breaths, exercise...then remind yourself this life is all bullshit, we're all gonna die. good to keep things in perspective. not worth hating anything, amigo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zero said:

deep breaths, exercise...then remind yourself this life is all bullshit, we're all gonna die. good to keep things in perspective. not worth hating anything, amigo. 

'i hate everything' is just a sometimes mood. .. usually only lasts a moment.  i remind myself i'm a human speck in time and that everything ends etc.. all the time. it's comforting

3 hours ago, luke viia said:

may I recommend a baby swim class?

I'll take you, just let me finish shooting this roof nailer wildly into the air

Nevermind

edit: wow automerge made this post even less coherent than intended. read what you will

Smells like floating babies.

Bought a pair of Adidas but it felt like someone had put it 10 supportive soles for people with flat feet. They were so uncomfortable.
Then I received my new Levi's - turns out I didn't buy denim but fucking velvet pants!

Last but not least I've been trying to take all the feedback I've gotten from clients with a big happy face, but inside I've felt like dying...

• Farnsworth 1

had a weird encounter today.. i'm sitting in my car, parked on a lot surrounded by corn fields and misc marshland stuff, just next to the road. Only you can't see the road from that lot, or vice-versa, because of high and dense vegetation between them, which makes it kind of hidden. People often park cars there to go for a run or a walk, as i did. While i'm fiddling around in my car, about to leave, i notice another car turning into this lot. The car parked near mine, on the passenger side from me. I look up, and i see four really sus-looking guys inside, which made me fix my gaze to inquire. A man steps out of the vehicle, from the front-passenger side, and that guy really had a foul look on him; carved grubby face, with a skin beaten from the sun and alcohol abuse with opaque blank eyes, starts to weirdly gesture me to move away (i guess? idk), then he rips out his offensive part, about to start urinating in front of my eyes. So i gave him a stern wtf-are-you-doing look, but he proceeds to urinate on my tire, so I start yelling and honking at him, and am about to exit my vehicle when I quickly glance at his pals in the car, one guy sitting in the back gives me a rather subtle "no" move with his head, and immediately i realize that this might not be just a bunch of friday early bird lowlifes - these were some nasty looking fucks, and they way they seemed "disinterested" in what was their friend doing reminded me of a gang looking for trouble, with the zombie-golem guy as the provocateur, and the rest just waiting for an opportunity to jump in.

while this realization was coming into my mind, i turned on the engine, locked myself in, and managed to slightly open the window to yell "you fucking retarded ape!" which really agitated the guy, and he hurled himself toward my car. I drove off, and as i looked back to see the back license plate of the car, the driver knowingly turned his car perpendicularly so that i could not id it. motherfuckers think they smart.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

invited to be part of a beta for plug in dev i really like. the plug in is fantastic. however, after the initial email w/initial version of the plug they're running the beta thru a FB group for discussing the plug in and sending out new versions... and i'm not on FB.  I suggested Dischord but i don't expect they're move the whole beta process there. 

i will not rejoin FB. 

40 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

had a weird encounter today.. i'm sitting in my car, parked on a lot surrounded by corn fields and misc marshland stuff, just next to the road. Only you can't see the road from that lot, or vice-versa, because of high and dense vegetation between them, which makes it kind of hidden. People often park cars there to go for a run or a walk, as i did. While i'm fiddling around in my car, about to leave, i notice another car turning into this lot. The car parked near mine, on the passenger side from me. I look up, and i see four really sus-looking guys inside, which made me fix my gaze to inquire. A man steps out of the vehicle, from the front-passenger side, and that guy really had a foul look on him; carved grubby face, with a skin beaten from the sun and alcohol abuse with opaque blank eyes, starts to weirdly gesture me to move away (i guess? idk), then he rips out his offensive part, about to start urinating in front of my eyes. So i gave him a stern wtf-are-you-doing look, but he proceeds to urinate on my tire, so I start yelling and honking at him, and am about to exit my vehicle when I quickly glance at his pals in the car, one guy sitting in the back gives me a rather subtle "no" move with his head, and immediately i realize that this might not be just a bunch of friday early bird lowlifes - these were some nasty looking fucks, and they way they seemed "disinterested" in what was their friend doing reminded me of a gang looking for trouble, with the zombie-golem guy as the provocateur, and the rest just waiting for an opportunity to jump in.

while this realization was coming into my mind, i turned on the engine, locked myself in, and managed to slightly open the window to yell "you fucking retarded ape!" which really agitated the guy, and he hurled himself toward my car. I drove off, and as i looked back to see the back license plate of the car, the driver knowingly turned his car perpendicularly so that i could not id it. motherfuckers think they smart.

Damn. They sound sussy for sure. Like a pack of ferals basically. Glad you were able to make it out with only a urinated tire for damage.

Just now, ignatius said:

invited to be part of a beta for plug in dev i really like. the plug in is fantastic. however, after the initial email w/initial version of the plug they're running the beta thru a FB group for discussing the plug in and sending out new versions... and i'm not on FB.  I suggested Dischord but i don't expect they're move the whole beta process there. 

i will not rejoin FB. 

I still have a FB account, which I seldom check anymore. And every time I do, it's only a reminder why I seldom check anymore.

You're not missing anything.

2 hours ago, ambermonke said:

Damn. They sound sussy for sure. Like a pack of ferals basically. Glad you were able to make it out with only a urinated tire for damage.

word, a feral pack. probably coked up already. that guy looked like he could slit a throat for laughs, no kidding. others were acting too smart and reserved. I've seen this behavior before, avoiding eye contact, almost as if staying at the ready but staring away.

23 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

Badass story ?