IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

On 1/28/2023 at 7:11 AM, ambermonk said:

30 laughs sounds like a reasonable goal. I don't even care what pic or meme it is, I just want to see that kind of reaction become a reality here. Or 30 burgers, I don't care which.

Current FWP: There are two books I want to order online, but I'd rather not give Amazon my money if it's an option because Jeff Bezos is evil. Too bad they basically have a monopoly on online commerce.

I wrote a script which answers ipsos mori surveys in exchange for amazon credit. I dunno if I'm ripping off ipsos or bezos with this but it pretty much pays for a year of family birthday presents with 0 input from me. And none of my actual real job money goes to fuckface bezos to spunk on mid life crisis penis rockets and steroids.

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

On 1/22/2023 at 5:38 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

My neighborhood is loaded with a bunch of muscle car driving, ill-tempered guard dog owning, illegal firework launching, shitty “dj” / backyard PA blasting, drag-racing Neanderthal knuckleheads.
When I say “loaded” I’m talking literally half of the motherfuckers on my damn block… and that’s just my block. 
The police don’t do shit. It’s seriously out of control. I often feel like my neighborhood is definitely more “third world” than “first world” because of the stray dogs and chicken in the streets, gang graffiti and overall lawlessness. When people go for walks in my neighborhood, they carry large sticks (no lie, people are either protecting themselves from stray guard dogs or just showing that nobody should fuck with them. My wife got chased by a big Doberman or something once and I took a hint to start carrying a large stick in the baby stroller when I take the baby for walks).

Having a 2 year old child who has an early bedtime and a midday nap is just hilarious. We have police helicopters overhead constantly, hot rods revving their engines and doing donuts in intersections, barking dogs, people throwing actual dynamite out of their cars and insane block parties every weekend that rage into the morning. We also live right next to a train track. 
Our 90 year old neighbor 2 houses down is constantly kept awake by her neighbors and their full-blown mariachi parties that don’t stop until after 4am. Nobody gives a fuck. She asks them to turn it down at like 3am and they are like “too fucking bad”. 
Our next door neighbor (who also throws loud parties with dunk idiots peeing on the side of their house) has a huge pit-bull guard dog (I’m not exaggerating… It’s big and mean and they don’t let it inside the house. It’s clearly been bred to kill people) that snarls and barks and tries to jump over the wall between our houses to try and kill us. It’s fucking insane. The only way I can go in my backyard is if I load my pockets with dog treats and throw them over the wall when the dog starts trying to jump over it. 

Tonight, the other house directly behind us is having a loud party of about 10 screaming drunk idiots with their PA blasting on full volume. They used to throw empty plastic weed containers, beer bottles and all kinds of other trash over our wall into our yard until I sent them a really sweet Xmas card (flies with honey). 

It seriously feels like that first Mad Max movie but instead of the crazy gangs being on the desert highways they are all my neighbors.

Oh yeah, and about an hour ago I saw a Citizen report that there was a dude walking around with a machete 2 blocks away. Good times. :catsuicide:

This all sounds fucking horrible, and also more than a FWP!! I know it's easier said than done but have you considered moving?!? Toddlers and stray guard dogs are really an awful mix ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Amen Warrior said:

This all sounds fucking horrible, and also more than a FWP!! I know it's easier said than done but have you considered moving?!? Toddlers and stray guard dogs are really an awful mix ?

Trust me. I’m a broken record with my wife about moving. She likes our neighborhood tho, for some mysterious reason. I’m not exactly sure if she actually likes it or if she’s just trying to put a positive spin on things (which she does). As you may have guessed, it’s in a barely affordable area of a very expensive city and it’s the only house we could afford to buy. 
I’ll pack my bags and move anywhere else but she doesn’t want to move, even though we don’t have any connection to our neighborhood, friends, family, etc. It’s frustrating. We also live a  half block away from an aerospace materials factory and the air smells bad a lot. On top of that we have lots of unhoused people with mental illness on the streets around our place. It’s just not an awesome place to go for walks, as you can imagine. 

just had a tooth cap break off. I've had composite resin caps on my two front teeth for years (back in paleolithic times I got knocked out by a Samoan dude who mistakenly thought I was harboring the drug dealer he was looking for, so he tried to kill me, the first act of which was sucker-punching me in the mouth while i wasn't looking) and just tonight, while flossing, my cap cracked off entirely, leaving me not only in pain but looking like a fucking menace to society and/or the living dead. I'm moving this week, while unemployed, and have no insurance, and my mouth feels fucking terrible. I hope I can get an appointment with a dentist in the next few days, but who knows, the US medical system is shit. in the meantime i'll be keeping my lips sealed. as if moving to another city with crazy landlords wasn't enough of a swfp, lol. any and all useless thoughts and prayers are appreciated, watmm. my mouth feels weird af

edit: dude @J3FF3R00 your situation sounds absolutely crazy. i hope you can find a way out soon. best of luck man ❤️

Edited by luke viia
  • Thanks 1

On 1/29/2023 at 1:02 PM, user said:

Not wanting to be laughed at by WATMM is way worse than being laughed at by WATMM.

imho, although tbh I’d personally prefer both 

I was only messing it's not an awful haircut but it went from a 9/10 luscious curly locks to a 6.5/10 whatever it is.

On 1/19/2023 at 1:03 PM, milkface said:

As I've posted on here previously, in the past I have bought tickets to 8 concerts, yet only been able to go to 2 of those concerts due to competely random and annoying shit popping up, it's therefore been just under 3 years since I last went to one, so this morning I was pissed off about this and decided to look at who was performing in Nottingham since winter break is almost over and I'm going back to uni and my god it's actually depressing and laughable. I've been put off now. Never going to a concert ever again.

Okay I lied - got tickets to see Brian Jonestown Massacre in February with friends. Fingers crossed it works out!!

My microwave broke and the landlord will replace it but he’s on a cruise around New Zealand right now so I bought a little hundred dollar temp one. It’s important for me because it’s basically how I’ve been doing all my cooking recently.. this thing is pretty cheap looking, hopefully it can last a month :psyduck:

8 hours ago, YEK said:

My microwave broke and the landlord will replace it but he’s on a cruise around New Zealand right now so I bought a little hundred dollar temp one. It’s important for me because it’s basically how I’ve been doing all my cooking recently.. this thing is pretty cheap looking, hopefully it can last a month :psyduck:

omg, no.

36 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

No way to un-ruin it?

It's already being broadcast.

I'm going to try and change something about the stems so other dubbing studios don't end up doing the same. I've found out that some dubbing studios have a ridiculous time schedule so they don't have time to do their jobs properly.

raid mirror enclsoure shit the bed. had my entire photo/music library on it. fortunately i had backed up to a USB external in october. so, should have most everything there except a couple releases i can redownload.. we'll see.. anyway.. so, RAID is a lie.  put both drives in another enclsure and they will not mount. 

what's weird is i was listening to music via itunes playing off that drive. i guess it had loaded that track to RAM or something and when it go to the next track it said it couldn't locate the file. i clicked on the drive icon and opened up and it was empty. wtf. but there's data there. 3TB drive w/1.7 TB available.so, i'm backing up the back up of the library and once that's done i'll install MacOS Ventura and see if it automagically does some shit. supposed to fix some bug with peripherals or something. 

one thing extra nnoying is i felt like making music and was going to work on some shit as soon as i straightened up the studio. also, a month or two  ago i recorded some old dj mixes off cassette and dialed them in and put them in the library so i will ikely have to do that again unless it was longer ago than i thought? anyways.. FML today. also i still have a cold and it blows. i'm wiped. 

KIppkzk.png

Edited by ignatius

On 2/10/2023 at 1:18 AM, ignatius said:

raid mirror enclsoure shit the bed. had my entire photo/music library on it. fortunately i had backed up to a USB external in october. so, should have most everything there except a couple releases i can redownload.. we'll see.. anyway.. so, RAID is a lie.  put both drives in another enclsure and they will not mount. 

what's weird is i was listening to music via itunes playing off that drive. i guess it had loaded that track to RAM or something and when it go to the next track it said it couldn't locate the file. i clicked on the drive icon and opened up and it was empty. wtf. but there's data there. 3TB drive w/1.7 TB available.so, i'm backing up the back up of the library and once that's done i'll install MacOS Ventura and see if it automagically does some shit. supposed to fix some bug with peripherals or something. 

one thing extra nnoying is i felt like making music and was going to work on some shit as soon as i straightened up the studio. also, a month or two  ago i recorded some old dj mixes off cassette and dialed them in and put them in the library so i will ikely have to do that again unless it was longer ago than i thought? anyways.. FML today. also i still have a cold and it blows. i'm wiped. 

KIppkzk.png

Good thing you just made that backup... f'in hell. Occasionally I freak out thinking about all the sys admining that is required these days and in the future and it makes me want to git my entire life or something and then I remember I don't really know how git works all that well and that I'm not equipped to deal with any of this. Then I remember my sister-in-law who poured a coffee into her macbook a couple of months ago, which I offered to thoroughly clean but she felt confident it was ok after drying it for 24 hours give or take. I asked her to let me know when she'd want some assistance cloning her drive for when it would inevitably start to shit the bed. So now it's saying the battery needs replacing (thing is like 2 years old) but she's still indifferent to taking any steps to prepare for the inevitable. Uses this machine daily for her work, also no adblocker :psyduck:

You almost back up and running?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, user said:

You almost back up and running?

yeah. thankfully it all worked out. itunes.. apple music did some weird shit w/file organization over the years. there was a 2nd "music" folder inside the music folder where all the subfolders are split by artist. so, randomly apple music had sent various files (tracks from albums) into another set of subfolders in that music folder.. so i had to go in and move all those files to the main music folder and into each subfolder for that artist-> release.  so dumb. 

but once i did that then downloaded a few things i'd bought recently and imported them it's all well and good. i backed up the library again and ordered another 5tb drive ($99) to back up on as well and once i get it all situated i'll develop a routine and do carbon copy cloner or just drag and drop as needed to each redundant back up drive because at this point losing a music/photo library would be depressing af and traumatic or something. 

this is the 2nd OWC raid enclosure to randomly shit the bed in the last 12 months. the other one i had backed up except for a bunch of samples.. thousands really but they were mostly pretty old things but some stuff in there i was going to use at some point. i got some of that back but all the file names are changed to generic names and i have no idea what's what. but whatever. i've moved on. most of the daily use type stuff is on my laptop and have that backed up on a drive and also on a timeline drive. 

so, hopefully i'm good now. fuck. what a time suck too. 

My old landlord is trying to fuck me over. He made a bunch of promises when he needed my help, puppy-dogged me on the phone acting all apologetic that my lease had to end (situation was outta my hands - and entirely in his), asked me if I could move out early, he'd help me financially if so, that they'd reimburse me for repairs I've done, they'd let me keep stuff in the home for a few months after I was gone (no other tenants are moving in), I'd get my full deposit back no questions asked etc. I told him I wanted all this in writing, he said he would, never did, ignored my calls for weeks at a time, ignored my emails, etc. So finally I wrote it all out myself and said "please confirm our prior agreements, and let me know if changes need to be made to what I've written." No response for weeks, full voicemail inbox.

He's gone back on *every single one* of those promises. And I did move out early. Costing me a goddamn ghetto fortune. 

Yesterday he called -- I'd been asking him to email me for weeks -- and told me they'll have to charge me full February rent (I was out on the 7th). That was the *first* thing he said.

In my entire life I've never popped off on someone like I did with this fucker. Eventually he hung up on me. I mean, I would have hung up on me too. I called him out, called him a manipulative, incompetent, lying fuck that has no business doing his job; that his co-workers all hate him (that's true, they've told me), that the neighbors want to sign a collective letter about how angry they are about my leaving this place (I was a park caretaker), that if he doesn't live up to his word I'll be writing a company-wide email telling the entire story of how he botched this project, fucked me over, fucked the park over, and lied to get his way and is now weaseling out of his responsibility. If I had been with him in person I probably would have punched him in the mouth. 

So yeah, he hung up on me. I was fucking furious, I don't think my mind even knew what was coming out of my mouth. The part about his co-workers hating him really upset him lol, and I admit, that was pretty brutal, but seriously, fuck this guy. I tried to help him and he is absolutely fucking screwing me out of thousands of dollars. 

tldr kill all landlords

Edited by luke viia
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, luke viia said:

My old landlord is trying to fuck me over. He made a bunch of promises when he needed my help, puppy-dogged me on the phone acting all apologetic that my lease had to end (situation was outta my hands - and entirely in his), asked me if I could move out early, he'd help me financially if so, that they'd reimburse me for repairs I've done, they'd let me keep stuff in the home for a few months after I was gone (no other tenants are moving in), I'd get my full deposit back no questions asked etc. I told him I wanted all this in writing, he said he would, never did, ignored my calls for weeks at a time, ignored my emails, etc. So finally I wrote it all out myself and said "please confirm our prior agreements, and let me know if changes need to be made to what I've written." No response for weeks, full voicemail inbox.

He's gone back on *every single one* of those promises. And I did move out early. Costing me a goddamn ghetto fortune. 

Yesterday he called -- I'd been asking him to email me for weeks -- and told me they'll have to charge me full February rent (I was out on the 7th). That was the *first* thing he said.

In my entire life I've never popped off on someone like I did with this fucker. Eventually he hung up on me. I mean, I would have hung up on me too. I called him out, called him a manipulative, incompetent, lying fuck that has no business doing his job; that his co-workers all hate him (that's true, they've told me), that the neighbors want to sign a collective letter about how angry they are about my leaving this place (I was a park caretaker), that if he doesn't live up to his word I'll be writing a company-wide email telling the entire story of how he botched this project, fucked me over, fucked the park over, and lied to get his way and is now weaseling out of his responsibility. If I had been with him in person I probably would have punched him in the mouth. 

So yeah, he hung up on me. I was fucking furious, I don't think my mind even knew what was coming out of my mouth. The part about his co-workers hating him really upset him lol, and I admit, that was pretty brutal, but seriously, fuck this guy. I tried to help him and he is absolutely fucking screwing me out of thousands of dollars. 

tldr kill all landlords

Good for you dude. Let him have it. I’m sorry you have to deal with that though. You should record your calls with him if he tries calling you again. He’s clearly trying to avoid a paper trail. Snake. 

My current problem:

I’ve been in physical therapy for some back issues that have rendered me useless for many months now and just as I started getting somewhere with my new exercises I get a nasty cold that has me coughing and blowing my nose constantly. The other night I felt a sharp pain in my pee hole while cooking dinner and was like FUCKWHATTHEFUCK! It kept happening and each time it came on I would literally scream.  Then I started feeling a similar sharp pain at different times in my lower right abdomen, just below my belt, close to my hip bone. Same thing, super sharp pain and I would scream when it happened. It didn’t seem like it was provoked by any physical position I was in, which was weird. 
It continued all night so I went to bed early and took NyQuil on top of my regular two sleeping pills but the pain kept coming. My wife was worried and texted her friend who had appendicitis and she thought I should go to the emergency room. So I took a Lyft to the ER and dealt with the nightmare that was (no bother going down that rabbit hole of a shitshow) and got bloodwork, urinalysis and a CT scan only to have them tell me nothing was wrong. They discharged me even though I was still in pain but gave me a prescription for muscle relaxers. It has been roughly 48 hours now and I’m still having pains unless I’m laying down in bed. I’m not sure what is wrong but my best guess is that I have a hernia maybe? I’m pretty upset I didn’t get a diagnosis at the ER. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, luke viia said:

tldr kill all landlords

he deserved and that all sucks. you should write down the sequence of events with whatever dates you can remember in case you do decide to go to small claims court or similar. fuck that guy. sucks though. fckn hell. 

2 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

It has been roughly 48 hours now and I’m still having pains unless I’m laying down in bed. I’m not sure what is wrong but my best guess is that I have a hernia maybe? I’m pretty upset I didn’t get a diagnosis at the ER. 

go to your primary care doc or see a urologist. could be kidney stones or something. or a bladder infection etc. but i guess if they did blood tests and ct scan??? then idk man.. urologist would be my guess of who to go see. 

• Thanks 1

I hate mobile sites so much... fxck off http://m.xxxxxxxxxx

and this new tab system on Android browsers... ffs...

Edited by cruising for burgers
shit I just realized now that this isn't the 1st world problems thread...

God, I'm such a softy. I honestly feel bad about blowing up on that guy on the phone. I don't want to hurt people, and it's so rare for me to do that kind of thing... when I get legit angry I go straight for the jugular and guilt plagues me for months to years. It's not who I want to be. Ugh, I'm just so sad about losing that place, I really care about it. Being misled was just too much for me I guess. ?

• Like 4