stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Internet on this ship is shitty af... 20kB/s... can't even download/upload a pic here on watmm...

20 hours ago, drillkicker said:

Smoking makes me feel terrible.  I don't even have an addiction, I just buy a pack of cigarettes on a whim every couple of months and i feel bad every time.  I don't understand why.

have you tried vaping? or even better, weed vapes?

On 8/4/2022 at 6:00 PM, ignatius said:

decided to snack on some chips and salsa. ate all the salsa. a bit burny in the chest now. i've not learned anything. 

pico de gallo is where it's at... have you tried it yet? with jalapeños?

On 8/4/2022 at 4:43 PM, yekker said:

I'm trying to find the site that makes random generated images like the images that appear in this video at the 1:30 mark

check the A.I. generated art thread then...

edit: nvrmnd I just saw now you already asked over there...

Edited by cruising for burgers

13 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:

have you tried vaping? or even better, weed vapes?

I tried vaping and it made me feel much much worse than smoking does.  Vaping is many times more addictive so I really don't want to do that.

I do want to try getting back into marijuana.  It has helped me with a lot over my life.  Unfortunately the last few times I got high I noticed that it was causing some of my schizoaffective symptoms to flare up which makes me kinda nervous, so I need to find an opportunity to ease into it with caution.

• Sad 1

Jeez. Rarely do I get upset stomach (it’s made from cast iron) but had diarrhoea so bad yesterday evening. It took five Imodium in a couple of hours to get it under control, six is the dose for a whole day. Usually two will do the trick. Obviously not at work today as I’m physically wiped out. I can’t even say what caused it. Quite sure it wasn't anything I ate as all I had was some fruit and some nuts before it started. Not exactly food that’s gonna make you shit through the eye of a needle. Probably a bug I picked up on my fingers.

1 hour ago, brian trageskin said:

my man, you're just having an episode. 

I think I just spend too much time with shitty people.  The extreme majority of people my age are severely selfish and fake.  Narcissism is disturbingly pervasive.  I need to get away from bad people and move my life somewhere else.

43 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

I think I just spend too much time with shitty people.  The extreme majority of people my age are severely selfish and fake.  Narcissism is disturbingly pervasive.  I need to get away from bad people and move my life somewhere else.

I hear you on that loud and clear.

I wonder if narcissism is amplified by using social media. Curating and distorting a presentation of one’s self on a daily basis probably gives someone further license to be a selfish prick in real-life social situations. Seems so, right?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I wonder if narcissism is amplified by using social media. Curating and distorting a presentation of one’s self on a daily basis probably gives someone further license to be a selfish prick in real-life social situations. Seems so, right?

nailed it. that's exactly what it does for the majority of FB/twitter/IG/whatever users. it is self aggrandizing to the max in the online sphere, for people who may not act like that in actuality. I think for heavy users it is only a matter of time before the online depiction of one's self (the one that brags/shows off, acts like a boss) and real self start blending together.

that's currently where we are in human society, I think. a lot of heavy social media users out there, who have all turned into giant pricks in the real world. these people think they are so important, all because they have X number of followers. their insane beliefs, like JFK coming back from the dead, or other such nonsense, is all reinforced by other people exactly like them on their twitters, or what not. this is known in psychology as an echo chamber effect:

The echo chamber effect occurs online when a harmonious group of people amalgamate and develop tunnel vision. Participants in online discussions may find their opinions constantly echoed back to them, which reinforces their individual belief systems due to the declining exposure to other's opinions.

• Like 1

my roommate is annoying af... he insists in opening his bed curtains just to greet me good morning, and today I was taking a shower and he did the same, "good morning TimJ", he's not being polite, he's just lame... it's that kind of person that starts mimicking the TV when I'm there but I bet he doesn't do it when he's alone in the room... just kindly fuck of dude... everything is a reason for him to have a conversation... can't these people read the room??? ffs...

10 hours ago, zero said:

nailed it. that's exactly what it does for the majority of FB/twitter/IG/whatever users. it is self aggrandizing to the max in the online sphere, for people who may not act like that in actuality. I think for heavy users it is only a matter of time before the online depiction of one's self (the one that brags/shows off, acts like a boss) and real self start blending together.

that's currently where we are in human society, I think. a lot of heavy social media users out there, who have all turned into giant pricks in the real world. these people think they are so important, all because they have X number of followers. their insane beliefs, like JFK coming back from the dead, or other such nonsense, is all reinforced by other people exactly like them on their twitters, or what not. this is known in psychology as an echo chamber effect:

wtf do u guys keep using social media to connect with your 'friends'?

I've said this a million times before, just like or follow or whatever pages you want, news, directors, musicians, movies, music, aqua polo, animals, graphic art, whatever, but just don't add friends or personal accounts ffs... don't use your real name and don't accept friend requests...

this way you have a 'journal' with only things you dig...

Edited by cruising for burgers

12 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

my roommate is annoying af... he insists in opening his bed curtains just to greet me good morning, and today I was taking a shower and he did the same, "good morning TimJ", he's not being polite, he's just lame... it's that kind of person that starts mimicking the TV when I'm there but I bet he doesn't do it when he's alone in the room... just kindly fuck of dude... everything is a reason for him to have a conversation... can't these people read the room??? ffs...

well you obviously aren't threatening enough. start using some jedi mind tricks and make him bend to your will. don't you know how to do that man?