IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

1 hour ago, iococoi said:

Members can only edit for like 5min after posting or so...

lol

so I'm forever stuck at 0 attachment space remaining.  seems like a pretty major design flaw.  and doesn't that eat up a crazy amount of server space?  I have no idea how anything website related actually works, but I feel like several thousands of gigs worth of images/audio between every watmm member since the site's inception has to have some sort of negative impact.

the vsnares thread is sorely missing these hairless cat photos...

• Facepalm 1

IMG_20230903_224941.png

Got me phone nicked last night by some toerag who shoved me over after nicking it then jumping on the back of a waiting moped.

All of my internet is from my phone, was royally fucked. Had to go knocking on neighbour's doors at 22:30 on a Sunday until eventually one kind lady answered and gave me her wifi password so I could contact people. Couldn't get the signal from my flat though so I had to camp outside her door like a literal bloody hobo.

This is the pic my ex took when she biked over to stay the night so I could leach the 5G from her phone and get my affairs in order.

The phone was paid off luckily and I was now on an unlimited data sim only plan. So today I took the standard upgrade and got a new iphone14 pro. Swings and roundabouts.

• Sad 7

13 hours ago, hello spiral said:

IMG_20230903_224941.png

Got me phone nicked last night by some toerag who shoved me over after nicking it then jumping on the back of a waiting moped.

All of my internet is from my phone, was royally fucked. Had to go knocking on neighbour's doors at 22:30 on a Sunday until eventually one kind lady answered and gave me her wifi password so I could contact people. Couldn't get the signal from my flat though so I had to camp outside her door like a literal bloody hobo.

This is the pic my ex took when she biked over to stay the night so I could leach the 5G from her phone and get my affairs in order.

The phone was paid off luckily and I was now on an unlimited data sim only plan. So today I took the standard upgrade and got a new iphone14 pro. Swings and roundabouts.

My phone (XS)  thankfully has not been nicked, but is beaten up like a piece of filthy junk (nobody would steal it) and needs replacing. Can get the upgrade but spent the last few years paying 9 quid a month on a brilliant SIM deal for unlimited everything by the same provider (three) and I don't wanna start paying £40+ again. I'd also like to get the 14pro. My XS I bought on a nifty little scheme from work where you buy a new phone tax free and it comes out your wages every week. Just a few quid. Of course they shut the scheme down about 6 months ago for a refurb and it's been shut ever since. Hmmm. This is a definite first world problem for me. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hello spiral said:

IMG_20230903_224941.png

sorry to hear about that hello spiral. doing harm to others will catch up with them someday and it won't be good i'd imagine.

use that new iphone14 pro to record the dublin chre show:)

• Like 1

My shoes got soaked last week and now they smell to the extent that I can smell them while I’m wearing them. Got that slightly sour sock funk and general foot scent. Not sure where this puts me on the dating market but I’m pretty confident any potential muggers will give me a pass now. 

On 9/6/2023 at 8:21 PM, user said:

My shoes got soaked last week and now they smell to the extent that I can smell them while I’m wearing them. Got that slightly sour sock funk and general foot scent. Not sure where this puts me on the dating market but I’m pretty confident any potential muggers will give me a pass now. 

Had the same thing happen a couple of weeks ago. Had to buy new ones because of it.

Also, my FWP...
A new thing I worked on has just been released. I'm reading comments and people are very positive about it. Then I read one negative comment and it ruined my evening, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

stubbed my toe at 4am and nearly ripped the toenail off. started bleeding immediately. it hurts and i wished it was the big toe on my other foot because that one is ingrown and it'd be nice if it fell off and regrew but no.. the good toenail on the left foot is now gonna die and drop off and regrow. 

• Sad 1

Ugh. Last time I lost a nail (thumb in my case) I was still a kid and I still cringe when I think about having this painful lid with bloody nail bed goo underneath. But to lose a toenail through stubbing, damn. 

fwp: I was looking for a job and then I found a job. But it’s almost an hour by bicycle and these idiots want me to come by before I start to sign the contract etc. instead of having me come 15 min early on my first day. And there’s a WhatsApp group of course. 

Edited by user
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got a glimpse of the side of the internet that I rarely get to see.
I became a member of a studio acoustic group on Facebook today. Asked one question about my new studio and was instantly bombarded with replies like, "omg, you can't use that as a studio. what the fuck are you thinking? godspeed. jesus fucking christ".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

found a good deal on casio VZ10m and UPS is sending it on tour around its facilities in MI and IL for 4 fucking days. 

kmXd7wc.jpg

Edited by ignatius
  • Farnsworth 1

I miss RadioShack

I misplaced my millions of 1/8" to 1/4" adapters during my move and in an attempt to not drive way outta the way to a Guitar Center, I've now called a Target (who had me on hold for 5 minutes before dropping my call) and Ace Hardware (who also kept me on hold only to tell me "you should just come take a look, we've got RCA adapters and all sorts of things, it'll take me a while to check"). And everyone wants like $10 for one of these measly fuckers and here I thought they were $2. We oughta leave this world behind

Edited by luke viia
  • Burger 1

On 9/16/2023 at 2:19 AM, logakght said:

Varicocele.

I had it... and a hydrocele as well... cirurgy solved it... no biggie... hope u the best!

edit: make sure u tell the surgeon right before he starts which testicle it is... a little bird once told me...

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

I had it... and a hydrocele as well... cirurgy solved it... no biggie... hope u the best!

edit: make sure u tell the surgeon right before he starts which testicle it is... a little bird once told me...

Thanks my friend! Yeah, it really sucks balls... I'm thinking of doing surgery for it too, probably next year—it fucking sucks when it happens, but sometimes I forget about since there's no pain... Depends on the climate. 

• Like 1

i need to fix and renovate my roof, but this economy is busting my balls (and the prospects don't seem good)

i need to learn investments (but i hate to do it lol)

i like a particular hunting lodge not too far from here, the design, size, style and location is right what i'd want to live in

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

i need to fix and renovate my roof, but this economy is busting my balls (and the prospects don't seem good)

what's wrong w/it? is it leaking? 

On 10/17/2023 at 7:48 PM, ignatius said:

what's wrong w/it? is it leaking? 

it's 35+ years old and it shows with random leaks in the attic. they are minor, but when there's heavy rain for several days (like the last two summers), the water flow increases in random places (probably being funnelled around between and below the tiling). it's tegola canadese type of roof, and in some places moss started to grow. it's also past its resilience(?) warranty, which is about 25-30 years. i went up last summer to examine the tiles and fix anything (bought some spares), but i found out i can't just hammer the nails into a mushy wood underneath. that patch was particularly in bad condition.

now i wonder if i'm able to save up enough money until next august, 'cause, no sir, i ain't takin any of your loans