IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

On 12/5/2023 at 6:58 PM, ignatius said:

do you have NTS on vinyl? that's 8 hours right there. just bring that box set and you're good. 

edit: also, do you have a handtruck or rolling luggage suitcase or similar? 

No NTS or viable trolley unfortunately : ( But that reminds me that I do have Richie Hawtin’s DE9 closer to the edit locked grooves double lp. Problem solved! 

• Like 1

ATT decided my old phone which i sent them months ago is not eligible for trade in so i only got $35 for it. the whole trade in process is dumb. i'm in rage quit mode but it's pointless. paying off the new device and getting it unlocked and switching providers seems not worth the effort since verizon or whoever will be just as bad. 

btw it's amazing how all the ATT customer service people stick to a script and have the same canned replies they use to express empathy. "i'm very sorry and i know how frustrating this experience can be. let me look at your account and see how i can help you". apologizing all day long as part of the job has to be draining. 

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

paying off the new device and getting it unlocked and switching providers seems not worth the effort since verizon or whoever will be just as bad.

check out consumer cellular. they market almost entirely toward the 65+ crowd, but you don't need to be a retiree to sign up. I've used them for years and have had no complaints. they piggy back off AT&T towers, so whatever coverage with AT&T you have is the same with them.

• Thanks 1

asked someone out who I talk to a bit and she said to text her. I told her I didn’t have her number and she looked surprised/confused. And went to write her number down and then stopped, saying she couldn’t remember it. She has my number from ages ago so I told her to text me so I’d have her number and gave her my number again to make sure she had it. Then I had to go so said bye etc. haven’t heard from her. Lols. This shit sounds hilarious typing it out. Did she change her mind when she realized she hadn’t given me her number yet? Lol. 

• Big Brain 1

8 hours ago, ignatius said:

asked someone out who I talk to a bit and she said to text her. I told her I didn’t have her number and she looked surprised/confused. And went to write her number down and then stopped, saying she couldn’t remember it. She has my number from ages ago so I told her to text me so I’d have her number and gave her my number again to make sure she had it. Then I had to go so said bye etc. haven’t heard from her. Lols. This shit sounds hilarious typing it out. Did she change her mind when she realized she hadn’t given me her number yet? Lol. 

in my experience, if the other person doesn't text you right away to exchange contact info, then forget it. 

1 hour ago, zero said:

in my experience, if the other person doesn't text you right away to exchange contact info, then forget it. 

oh totally. it's just hilarious because i guess i misinterpreted. it happens. mistaking several good conversations and her going out of her way to talk to me as "chemistry" just shows how slow on the uptake i am these days about such things. 

I’m really blanking here, I’m trying to remember the track that has “turn the drum machine on, turn the bass machine on” spoken on it. 

Sean pls 

edit: ok. I think it’s Vibert

Edited by YEK

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2023 at 2:17 PM, YEK said:

I’m really blanking here, I’m trying to remember the track that has “turn the drum machine on, turn the bass machine on” spoken on it. 

Sean pls 

edit: ok. I think it’s Vibert

Boxcutter.

• Like 3

On 1/7/2024 at 6:14 AM, YEK said:

Yes!! Thanks 

it's a bangeroony for sure.

2024 has been a complete shitfest for me so far. it is surreal how many things have gone massively wrong in just the first 9 days, like something new every other day. fuck life.

18 hours ago, usagi said:

it's a bangeroony for sure.

2024 has been a complete shitfest for me so far. it is surreal how many things have gone massively wrong in just the first 9 days, like something new every other day. fuck life.

2024 went bad for me when it was still 2023.  if nothing else goes bad it already sucks hard. 

edit - [Narrator's voice] - and something else did go bad.

Edited by ignatius

2 hours ago, Mattthegoone said:

Gout 😫

oof. bummer. change your diet might help depending on cause of course. hope you can get a handle on it. chronic pain fucking sucks. 

3 hours ago, Wunderbar said:

Does anyone know why i seem to like my musical elements soloed ? ( bass lead etc) but together i find them to be chaotic ?  thanks

your own music that you're producing? or just music in general? 

typically if something i'm making sounds chaotic it's because my mix is shit and needs organizing/attention.. or maybe there's just too much in it and i should drop some parts.  

this dude used to record album projects for weeks at the studio i worked at in san diego and he'd have these great ideas and amazing parts then bury them under layers of instrumentation and the good idea would vanish.. covered in new age world music goop. i'd always get kind of bummed because he'd be like "we're using every channel in the console for mix down and 2 24 track tape machines" like that in itself made it impressive.. which it was but only for the engineer who was super talented and made it all work.  i always wanted to take his tapes and do a remix when he wasn't around and just strip half the parts out of it and make bare bones. 

i just drank coffee so am typing too much. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, ignatius said:

your own music that you're producing? or just music in general? 

typically if something i'm making sounds chaotic it's because my mix is shit and needs organizing/attention.. or maybe there's just too much in it and i should drop some parts.  

this dude used to record album projects for weeks at the studio i worked at in san diego and he'd have these great ideas and amazing parts then bury them under layers of instrumentation and the good idea would vanish.. covered in new age world music goop. i'd always get kind of bummed because he'd be like "we're using every channel in the console for mix down and 2 24 track tape machines" like that in itself made it impressive.. which it was but only for the engineer who was super talented and made it all work.  i always wanted to take his tapes and do a remix when he wasn't around and just strip half the parts out of it and make bare bones. 

i just drank coffee so am typing too much. 

Nah its not a mixing thing since it happens when i just have a melody line and want to add a bassline to it or something. Im not quite sure if i should have the other elements be subordinate to the melody. What do you think about that?

Also when i listen to other music i can hear these melodic shapes or phrases. But im very confused what  defines these shapes  like where one starts and ends.

But i feel like adhering to these shapes and making small adjustments to them is what creates most of the stability in  the melodic sequence. And i don't think im doing that quite right

On 1/14/2024 at 6:32 AM, Wunderbar said:

Does anyone know why i seem to like my musical elements soloed ? ( bass lead etc) but together i find them to be chaotic ?  thanks

Nah its not a mixing thing since it happens when i just have a melody line and want to add a bassline to it or something. Im not quite sure if i should have the other elements be subordinate to the melody. What do you think about that?

Also when i listen to other music i can hear these melodic shapes or phrases. But im very confused what  defines these shapes  like where one starts and ends.

But i feel like adhering to these shapes and making small adjustments to them is what creates most of the stability in  the melodic sequence. And i don't think im doing that quite right

IMG_2884.thumb.jpeg.a117c04f39c462ea823028f0544c24f5.jpeg