IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

protip: go to the dentist more often

speaking of dental woes, I have to get my wisdom teeth removed. been warned that there may be complications but I don't really have a choice!

The complications are being bedridden, jacked up on pain meds, with nothing to do but argue politics on the watmms. Few make it out alive.

as soul-rending as that sounds, there're additional potential complications from my bottom left wisdom tooth being in an impacted position and me still wearing braces and all. gonnie discuss it with the bentist next week.

Edited by usagi

Ugh, fleas everywhere in house. Advantage applied to cat neck. My ankles are bit to hell. It's always the ankles.

Thinking about dumping diatomaceous earth everywhere inside the house.

Never had a problem with fleas here before.

One little bastard is jumping around in the bed sheets but he's too quick for me.

Had a serious flea infestation in our flat about 18 months ago. Our cat had fleas and I treated her with crap over the counter stuff which sort of worked. Then we went away for a fortnight with the cat and the fleas, now minus a "host", all came out of the woodwork, literally. When I returned to check post etc they jumped all over me, literally - they were in my socks, in my fucking bra, those bastards can JUMP - and we had to call an exterminator; he said he'd only seen infestations this bad in abandoned buildings. Got the cat to the vet for sone super anti-flea shot, exterminator sprayed every surface in the flat, and we were told not to let the cat back, or hoover, for about six weeks. And even then there were still some clinging on for dear life.

No idea where they came from as she's a house cat and we had her for almost a year before this fiasco, but apparently fleas can be brought in on your clothes/shoes etc and lie dormant for months.

I feel your pain. It was fucking horrible.

The fleas diin't bit me. Only the tasty Sprillflesh.

:tongue:

The fleas diin't bit me. Only the tasty Sprillflesh.

:tongue:

They do love the ankles.

Yikes... we don't have it quite that bad. That's a fucking nightmare. Glad you sorted it out eventually. Ugh.

I bought a flea comb for el gato and am employing the diluted dawn dish soap method of flea combing. The cat hates it and he gets all wet and... dawn dish soapy. We pulled three fleas off him last night (this is with the spot-on treatment already given).

They are leaving my gf completely alone and targeting the cat and me. I've got a, like, ankle bracelet of flea bites. Fucking fleas, man.

Edited by baph

protip: go to the dentist more often

speaking of dental woes, I have to get my wisdom teeth removed. been warned that there may be complications but I don't really have a choice!

Feel free to send me money to go to the dentist more often. :)

i'm tellin you man, student dentists. they paid me to get my gums cleaned for their regional exams ($200!) and did a good job as far as i can tell. i think they all graduated anyway.

fwp: my boss just sent me an email chastising me for working on martin luther king day, saying i shouldn't have had access to the building, we could have gotten fined for having me in the lab, etc (lol universities) but two of my coworkers just worked another federal holiday this monday and he didn't say shit to either of them. and i haven't been paid in five weeks because of "technical issues." universities. :facepalm:

Edited by luke viia

They are leaving my gf completely alone and targeting the cat and me. I've got a, like, ankle bracelet of flea bites. Fucking fleas, man.

It's weird how that happens. There was a flea infestation at a place my gf and I moved into a while back. They were biting the shit out of her but never touched me. For a while I just thought my gf was really stressed out about the new place and convinced herself that she was being bitten. Then one evenutally jumped on my hand while I was writing an email to our landlord about problems with the house. Until that point in the email I hadn't mentioned fleas because I didn't think we had them! Ha. Talk about good timing.

i'm tellin you man, student dentists. they paid me to get my gums cleaned for their regional exams ($200!) and did a good job as far as i can tell. i think they all graduated anyway.

fwp: my boss just sent me an email chastising me for working on martin luther king day, saying i shouldn't have had access to the building, we could have gotten fined for having me in the lab, etc (lol universities) but two of my coworkers just worked another federal holiday this monday and he didn't say shit to either of them. and i haven't been paid in five weeks because of "technical issues." universities. :facepalm:

Well, like I said, my insurance covered most of this cleaning, and I've heard too many horror stories about student dentists. I don't think we can get that ish for free here either - at least not at my school.

And since I don't think people should do work for free, I'm not inclined to abuse that...(i'm trying to find paid internships for my program...lol).

lol i see your point but i certainly don't think they feel like they're being used for free work. they're in training and they need humans to work with. i've had better luck doing reconstructive stuff w/ my main student dentist than i ever have w/ a proper dentist, but maybe i just got lucky. dude even calls me to check up and make sure the work he did is still holding up.

if your insurance covers it though do it, i thought you were saying you couldn't afford dental work!

Edited by luke viia

So i experienced my first runners shit

I was running at the gym and about half an hour in i got the shits, i had 20 minutes left to finish my workout so i thought i could hold it in, baaaaad idea, i couldn't hold in it, it felt like i had a wild animal inside me and wanted to get out. I ran to the bathroom holding my ass (in front of the whole gym), i could not hold it in, literally shit my pants (and this was not a solid shit, this was diarrhea). Wiped myself, took a shower at the gym then went to the k-mart next door and had to buy shorts, boxers, etc.

really embarrassing stuff

dont have a full meal and take pre-workout drinks before a long run, lesson learned.

Edited by Deer

I was running in the gym and about half an hour in i got the shits, i had 20 minutes left to finish my workout so i thought i could hold it in, baaaaad idea, i couldn't hold in it, it felt like i had a wild animal inside me and want it to get out. I ran to the bathroom hold in my ass (in front of the whole gym), i could not hold it in, literally shit my pants (and this was not a solid shit, this was diarrhea). I took a shower at the gym, went to the k-mart next door and had to buy shorts, boxers, etc.

dont have a full meal and take pre-workout drinks before a long run, lesson learned.

lol can happen 2 the best

justin-bieber-looks-like-he-shit-his-pan

I was running at the gym and about half an hour in i got the shits, i had 20 minutes left to finish my workout so i thought i could hold it in, baaaaad idea, i couldn't hold in it, it felt like i had a wild animal inside me and wanted to get out. I ran to the bathroom holding my ass (in front of the whole gym), i could not hold it in, literally shit my pants (and this was not a solid shit, this was diarrhea). Wiped myself, took a shower at the gym then went to the k-mart next door and had to buy shorts, boxers, etc.

lol (it's not really funny but you explained it a little comically)

But at the same time.. sorry to hear that that's embarrassing and shitty. Is it something in the preworkout sup that bugs you?

I usually take a preworkout dump once the supplements start to work in but that's mostly from increased heartrate from the caffeine/synephrine etc.

Edited by StephenG