IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

We all watch some form of TV. I mean Deer, use that same logic for sporting matches.

who the fuck talks about football in real life? (or any other sports)

don't you feel silly talking about sports to people?

In this cause ironically i'd agree that talking about sport in real life or on the net is utterly silly. Nevertheless, you can see why what you said is a little beyond the leaky pale of pee.

lol what, daily Waterworld reference? how did this come about?

I have no idea, but suddenly we noticed it was slipping into our lunchtime discussions more and more.. so we now are conscious of anything that can be connected to Waterworld. zole

lol what, daily Waterworld reference? how did this come about?

I have no idea, but suddenly we noticed it was slipping into our lunchtime discussions more and more.. so we now are conscious of anything that can be connected to Waterworld. zole

Was hoping one of you drank your own piss once.

Just like I talk about music, movies and books to people... I don't see your point here

it just feels really silly, i cant see myself saying names like "Denerys" or "Melissandre" in real life (in a serious matter)

Edited by Deer

Just like I talk about music, movies and books to people... I don't see your point here

it just feels really silly, i cant see myself saying names like "Denerys" or "Melissandre" in real life (in a serious matter)

i fell like that when it comes to the names of some of your sports people. I mean Jeremiah Attaochu, Jared Abbrederis, Carrington Byndom, Shaquil Barrett, who comes up with these names.

(in the nfl draft in case someone was wondering, and you know that i could have gotten a lot weirder, just didn't want to bother going any further through the alphabet)

I watched Hellraisers 4 to 9 in the space of a week while doing night shifts.

Why did I do that?

fuck.

omg r u ok

I watched 1 last weekend after a late night out. came home drank, decided "let's chuck on a bit of Pinhead, why not". it's pretty hilarious and still gives me a bit of the fear. Ashley Laurence is a babe. quite good/10

edit:

also that scene where Ashley is in the hospital bed and is playing around with the cube and opens that passageway and goes into it - goes really well with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQW6GUlakWY

seriously. try playing the two together.

Edited by usagi

it always picks up limpy. just gotta find out what's making you blue and eliminate it so it's no longer a prob. sometimes getting a new job or meeting new people can be the shake up you need.

I'm kinda feeling the same at the mo - I'm 22 and haven't studied or attempted anything 'career' wise. I get anxious when I think about the fact that I've done nothing cept work on music over the last 4 years, holding down casual jobs to pay the rent. because it's hard for me to finish songs, I barely have any proper releases to show off for people. it's hard to be taken seriously by most people when you're a musician, actor, painter, comic or anything creative.

Yer 22 - worry about that career shit later! Fucks sake youth really is wasted on the youth.
yeah i know its super whiney and backhanded to some of the older members here but it doesn't make me feel any better about it. seems like just yesterday I was 18 and leaving home and now I'm almost 23 and haven't done a great deal of anything. a lot of people see me as a drop out, a joke, an idealistic dreamer...I'm sure some of y'all can relate to dealing with the expectations of others.

plus, this is the first world problems thread ;)

23 is still pretty young. you've got most of your twenties before you. I didn't even understand my problems at 23, let alone know what to do about them. hell, most of my 20s were spent figuring out who I am. felt like I wasted a lot of time.

anyway, just cruising without direction is only a problem if you think it's one. regardless of what you're actually doing in terms of career etc, there's a lot to be said for just being out there and afloat on your own, away from home. that says something about your resourcefulness, independence, and adaptability.

I meet heaps of people working in hospitality who probably have a bit of nagging worry that they've missed out on higher education, better pay, corporate perks blah blah, but ultimately I'd say that's not even as important as the aforementioned qualities.

I think it's more just feeling the pressure from Abbott's 'lifters not leaners' society. seems there's no place for people that are undertaking alternative persuits.

yeah but the cunt'll be out in a couple more years. cynicism aside, I don't think Australia would collectively tolerate a leader that actively pisses on the country's freedoms and values. just have to weather it out. maybe if we're lucky there'll be a change of leadership within the term.

are there any plans or tutorials on how to organize my time? I have PLENTY of stuff I want to do, but I always get frustrated deciding with which one work... Apps, books? something?

it always picks up limpy. just gotta find out what's making you blue and eliminate it so it's no longer a prob. sometimes getting a new job or meeting new people can be the shake up you need.

I'm kinda feeling the same at the mo - I'm 22 and haven't studied or attempted anything 'career' wise. I get anxious when I think about the fact that I've done nothing cept work on music over the last 4 years, holding down casual jobs to pay the rent. because it's hard for me to finish songs, I barely have any proper releases to show off for people. it's hard to be taken seriously by most people when you're a musician, actor, painter, comic or anything creative.

Yer 22 - worry about that career shit later! Fucks sake youth really is wasted on the youth.
yeah i know its super whiney and backhanded to some of the older members here but it doesn't make me feel any better about it. seems like just yesterday I was 18 and leaving home and now I'm almost 23 and haven't done a great deal of anything. a lot of people see me as a drop out, a joke, an idealistic dreamer...I'm sure some of y'all can relate to dealing with the expectations of others.

plus, this is the first world problems thread ;)

lol true, but first world problems are more like "angry birds runs slow on my smartphone", non? Anyways - I'm not meaning to make little of your situation, cause trust, I know how it feels.

All the death and violence going on around the globe while this World Cup hype is going on inspired me to get drunk tonight.

You know, the death and violence goes on regardless of whether there's a World Cup on or not. I guess my FWP is not thinking constantly about death and violence on a global scale.

The new track I'm battling with is really weird. It's on the cusp of either being great or horrible, but leaning towards the latter. It's been a while since I've struggled this much with a track without giving up (last two I gave up on pretty quickly, so I'm on a bit of a fail streak). Might be due to the fact that I switched from a program I know inside out to one that's still pretty new to me. Also, I really heard the mp3-ness of the last pirated album I was listening to, making me miss my old CD buying ways. Serious FWP here.

I watched Hellraisers 4 to 9 in the space of a week while doing night shifts.

Why did I do that?

fuck.

Oh man when I was eighteen or nineteen I watched Hellraiser 1-3 in one sitting

I was seriously fucked up for like 3 days*

*or 12 years, depending on who you ask

Ordered a replacement sleeve for my Plaid - Reachy Prints that I received heavily damaged.

Bleep sends a new one.

Gf bends the shit out of it walking through the front door.

Now I have two seriously damaged Reachy Prints vinyls.

(btw they sent an entirely new vinyl not just the outer sleeve?)