IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Jesus christ, one of my colleagues from school...he had lent me a copy of his resume as I asked to see it because he had gone to a resume building clinic and he said it was quite helpful. First, he wouldn't e-mail me a copy, because he doesn't like it circulating electronically (lolwut?). So he lends it to me, and to be honest, it's fine, nothing spectacular or whatever. I forget about it, cause really it's just a copy of a resume right? Well he sent me an e-mail in June to ask for it back, so I told him I would be on campus the following week. I ended up not going, and forgot to e-mail him, but as he works on campus and is there every day, I didn't inconvenience him by making him go to campus for nothing. Tonight he sends me an e-mail with the subject line "resume paperwork feelings". It's...

...well I'll just post the e-mail.

Hey,

I know that I have been reminding you for a number of months now to return my resume paperwork that I let you borrow back in first term of 2014. I just wanted to let you know that I am quite disapointed that you havent been able to follow through with your word and return this paperwork to me in a timely manner. I had promised several other people in the program that they would be able to view the document as well and unfortunately I am no longer able to honour those promises because you haven't been able to return these papers to me.

You have also not sent me any courtesy email explaining why there was such a delay in returning this document. Im not sure if you have lost the document or defaced it but I can assure you that this experience was unpleasant enough that I will not allow you to borrow anything of mine moving forward out of fear that something similar to this will happen again.

Sincerely,

Wow

That is really strange.

Ya, Im not really sure what this is all about. Can't he just print out another resume? What would you gain from defacing it? Why didn't he just email it to you?

Im so confused

Delet, I don't have it. It's just a bloody resume. As Danny so astutely pointed out - he can just print another one. I offered to reimburse him the cost of the printing.

I suppose I shall just have to live with his disapointment (sic).

Guys at work forgot to book my ticket to visit a client so I had to fork out £230 of my own cash to go up to Durham. I now have to scale down all my plans til payday.

that's bullshit, get reimbursed for that. that's a lot of money

Guest Frankie5fingers

sprained my fucking ankle on the 4th (guess i was just so patriotic that my ankle couldnt stand it...GET IT). anyways, im stuck on the couch for a while and im loosing my mind with boredom.

No post on a Sunday = no parcels containing music, comics or other long awaited items.

When I am king, postmen will be forced to work all hours of the day.

sprained my fucking ankle on the 4th (guess i was just so patriotic that my ankle couldnt stand it...GET IT). anyways, im stuck on the couch for a while and im loosing my mind with boredom.

The couch is a place if wonderment and amazedom, how dare you sir ! Perhaps you're hyperactive or something, this luxuriating on the couch may be just the thing you need.

:nacmat:

I was going to contribute a clip to the police brutality thread, but I can't find it. Figured "police brutality" in the search would do the trick, but no.

the thread title is a lot more inflammatory and sensationalist than that. I know what it is but I ain't tellin' you, for your own sake.

ok, it's "Cop Murders Unarmed Civilian", do what thou wilt, I love you anyway.

and now to an ridiculous story/fwp:

my friend (let's call him Tim) told me the other day about how his friend (let's call him Bob) broke up with his girl (let's call her Jane). apparently Bob and Jane were hanging out/partying/whatever with one of Jane's girlfriends (let's call her Anne), and they were all nicely trashed. Jane keeps goading Bob into showing Anne his peen. Bob doesn't really want to, but Jane keeps at it, insisting she'll be cool with it and it would be a laugh. so Bob finally caves and whips it out, and - ta-daa - he is erect. Anne is laughing her ass off. Jane is angry, in spite of her former assurances. why? because Bob was erect, and that's not ok. Bob and Jane get into a fight about it and break up on the spot. Jane gathers her things from Bob's and leaves. Bob needs a new flatmate. Tim jokingly suggests to me that I move in with Bob, knowing I would rather jump off a cliff.

I laughed about this story for ages, because I've met all the people involved (except Anne), and they're mostly mentalists and twats. Tim is a sheltered metro who I work with, who I suspect harbors deep issues cos he has trouble keeping male friends, though he gets on quite well with the ladies (he is secretly kind of misogynistic). also he used to burn bugs as a kid by coating them in bugspray and setting them alight with matches. Tim and Bob lived together at Tim's place which he rents from his parents, until all the small daily frustrations of co-habitation piled up and Tim smashed some crockery and Bob moved out. exacerbating the situation was the fact that Jane lived with Bob at Tim's, and Jane really hates Tim. Bob is an EDM DJ who does SEO analytics during the day. he is the person I referred to in this thread (I didn't end up paying). I went to see him support Eiffel 65 (yes, you read that correctly) at a small uni bar, and Eiffel 65 didn't even show. Jane is a screechy princess who works in retail. she is thoroughly insufferable and also quite fuckable. the day before I heard Tim's story about her breakup with Bob I saw her walking through the city looking a mess, mascara streaming down her face, death-staring everybody. apparently she is trying to rebound with Tim.

I am glad I don't see these people on a daily basis.

lol epic. honestly all those people sound like self important tools. boo hoo that it was erect, you asked him to whip it out, he could splash hot urine all over you and you'd have to take it

(obvs you = Jane here)

this....

these people sound crazy. Who asks a guy to whip his dick out to her friend? that is a strange female, I think.. .

and then to get mad at it...?

I'm alright with the dick whipping out (some people are free spirits or sexually free or whatever) but to get mad at it being erect? LOL

Usagi find some new people to hang out with (though from your post this sounds thoroughly amusing as long as you don't get mixed up in it).

Pics of the people usagi. we need pictures.

I've been offered a job, but I'm not sure if I can live up to their expectations.

Seems that uncertainty is a natural feeling with the start of a new job.

I'm having a similar FWP - I want a new job, but I don't know if I'm skilled or qualified enough to get one.

I've been offered a job, but I'm not sure if I can live up to their expectations.

I'm having a similar FWP - I want a new job, but I don't know if I'm skilled or qualified enough to get one.

Well, you grow each time you get a new assignment, so in the end a lot of people will be qualified for whatever job they want - more or less.

This company is looking for a sound engineer for voice overs and I've barely ever worked with voice overs, but I told them I had... I dunno.

I guess, I done gone fucked up.

Well, you grow each time you get a new assignment, so in the end a lot of people will be qualified for whatever job they want - more or less.

This company is looking for a sound engineer for voice overs and I've barely ever worked with voice overs, but I told them I had... I dunno.

Most people slightly lie about or exaggerate their qualifications for a new job. I think everyone has done that at some point, so maybe I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Unless you've told them you have a lot of experience with it, it might be a problem, then of course they should expect very little introduction/learning time for a new assignments.

But if you've told them you just have some experience with it, you could maybe practice it this summer before starting? You probably have the time, right? I don't know if that is a shit advice, but that is probably what I would do.

Edited by Ceerial

I was going to contribute a clip to the police brutality thread, but I can't find it. Figured "police brutality" in the search would do the trick, but no.

the thread title is a lot more inflammatory and sensationalist than that. I know what it is but I ain't tellin' you, for your own sake.

and now to an ridiculous story/fwp:

my friend (let's call him Tim)told me the other day about how his friend (let's call him Bob) broke up with his girl (let's call her Jane). apparently Bob and Jane were hanging out/partying/whatever with one of Jane's girlfriends (let's call her Anne), and they were all nicely trashed. Jane keeps goading Bob into showing Anne his peen. Bob doesn't really want to, but Jane keeps at it, insisting she'll be cool with it and it would be a laugh. so Bob finally caves and whips it out, and - ta-daa - he is erect. Anne is laughing her ass off. Jane is angry, in spite of her former assurances. why? because Bob was erect, and that's not ok. Bob and Jane get into a fight about it and break up on the spot. Jane gathers her things from Bob's and leaves. Bob needs a new flatmate. Tim jokingly suggests to me that I move in with Bob, knowing I would rather jump off a cliff.

I laughed about this story for ages, because I've met all the people involved (except Anne), and they're mostly mentalists and twats. Tim is a sheltered metrowho I work with, who I suspect harbors deep issues cos he has trouble keeping male friends,though he gets onquitewell with the ladies(he issecretly kind of misogynistic). alsohe used to burn bugs as a kidbycoating them in bugspray and setting them alight with matches. Tim and Bob lived together at Tim's place which he rents from his parents, until all the small daily frustrations ofco-habitation piled up and Tim smashed some crockery and Bob moved out. exacerbating the situation was the fact that Janelived withBob at Tim's, and Jane really hates Tim. Bob is an EDM DJwho does SEO analytics during the day. he is the person I referred to in this thread(I didn't end up paying). I went to see him support Eiffel 65 (yes, you read that correctly) at a small uni bar, and Eiffel 65 didn't even show. Jane is a screechy princess who works in retail. she is thoroughly insufferable and also quite fuckable. the day before I heard Tim's story about her breakup with Bob I saw her walking through the city looking a mess, mascara streaming down her face, death-staring everybody.apparently she is trying to rebound with Tim.

I am glad I don't see these people on a daily basis.

Haha! This makes me so glad I don't have any friends. Although sometimes I draw some on a piece of paper and hold them against myself. Edited by MadameChaos

Oh shit, that is way more extreme than I was thinking! Well in that case my FWP is that my police brutality vid doesn't qualify because the unarmed woman walking away from the officer only gets punched in the face repeatedly.

Those acquaintances of yours remind me of the friends of an ex-girlfriend of a friend. They were like characters out of a terrible sitcom, and any time I was around them I was confounded by their existence.

Guest Frankie5fingers

The couch is a place if wonderment and amazedom, how dare you sir ! Perhaps you're hyperactive or something, this luxuriating on the couch may be just the thing you need.

im actually enjoying the time now. rewatched Ghost in the Shell in about a day and decided that i was gonna rewatch a bunch of anime ive seen over the years. i should be using the time to work on a paper ive gotta hand in for a summer class but i decided to veg out instead.

Fake it til you make it.

Fake it til you make it.

That's what I always tell the wife.

lol

I'm juggling 2 kids (one 3 mos, other 2.5 yrs old), buying/selling house + moving and the infinitude of bs that goes with, and I'm only 1 day in to hella busy week at work. FML

Oh and I've needed to upgrade my death-cheating cell phone for a couple of months now, finally get a semi-free evening to get to the store and the dude can't do shit for me b/c I'm not the "primary account holder" or whatever the fuck it is that's in my wife's name. Gonna have to have her sign my permission slip, put on my big boy pants and find another free evening, maybe 6-8 weeks from now if I'm lucky. Thanks obamacare

Most importantly, I just bought Colundi Sequence 5 from AP's bandcamp and the fucking ginormous flacs are taking forever to download so I'll probably have to leave my laptop on overnight