IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

For the last 3 days straight, I've been digitizing my musical output from when I was a kid up until shortly after highschool... stacks of cassettes, unlabelled CDRs... some embarrassing, some pretty interesting... over 6 hours of material so far. My brain feels twitchy, and I'm struggling to make sense of my life. In a sense it's a FWS, but it's also unearthing some existential "what has it all meant?" bullshit. I listen back to some of it and feel proud of younger me, but also feel sorry/sad for that lonely little guy. Also, why the fuck didn't I ever label anything? :wtf:

in light of the recent Hersheys child labour kerfuffle, and what other dodgy business they're probably involved in, I'm not sure whether to eat this Hersheys bar I have, or ritualisticly burn it: though burning it will achieve nothing, and I don't exactly want to waste food. The bar has been produced, the harm is done, I'm gonna eat this Hersheys bar sometime today.

what's wrong with child labour ? many kids that go to high school here really should have gone out to work rather than learning to sit around and unlearn till they turn 18, totally unprepared for the workforce mentally and in a skills sense. And in a country that backward the work you go out and do to help support your 12 other siblings is picking cacao.

For the last 3 days straight, I've been digitizing my musical output from when I was a kid up until shortly after highschool... stacks of cassettes, unlabelled CDRs... some embarrassing, some pretty interesting... over 6 hours of material so far. My brain feels twitchy, and I'm struggling to make sense of my life. In a sense it's a FWS, but it's also unearthing some existential "what has it all meant?" bullshit. I listen back to some of it and feel proud of younger me, but also feel sorry/sad for that lonely little guy. Also, why the fuck didn't I ever label anything? :wtf:

good work

in light of the recent Hersheys child labour kerfuffle, and what other dodgy business they're probably involved in, I'm not sure whether to eat this Hersheys bar I have, or ritualisticly burn it: though burning it will achieve nothing, and I don't exactly want to waste food. The bar has been produced, the harm is done, I'm gonna eat this Hersheys bar sometime today.

what's wrong with child labour ? many kids that go to high school here really should have gone out to work rather than learning to sit around and unlearn till they turn 18, totally unprepared for the workforce mentally and in a skills sense. And in a country that backward the work you go out and do to help support your 12 other siblings is picking cacao.

:cerious: Edited by azatoth

:cerious:

triggered .... ;-p i thought that you of all people would be all for it azatoth, it's a position that fits right in with the persona that you try to maintain. :wink:

I have an essay to write about Dubliners by James Joyce, and I need five sources of other analyses on the novel. Unfortunately, the only sources I can find on Dubliners are massive, in-depth dissertations that are nearly as long as the novel itself. The essay is due on Tuesday.

My manky physical state bought about by night shifts.

On my 7th (and final) in a row atm and I'm constipated and have mouth ulcers.

Currently eating cherry tomatoes to avoid scurvy and make the most of the oral pain.

I don't eat sweets in general but I rarely want 'proper food' while working nights. Mainly crisps and nuts and cheese etc, and about 15 cups of green tea (a coke or red bull at around 3am).

No extra moneys unfortunately. Unsociable hours is in my contract, get 7 days off now though.

Managed to get lumped with nights on xmas week this year, meaning I'll probably be sleeping on the prison grounds on xmas day lol.

i make frozen meals for myself, i find when i eat a reasonable breakfast (at work) and then a few hours later have a decent lunch (at work) not saying that i have much time to do these things, heh, it helps shut down all those cravings. I find if i do caffeine i end up like you do with your green tea, it's more and more and more. And it doesn't make me more aware or relaxed but withit. The first couple of nights, with just one cup i'm 'wahoo, lets get stuck in', but after that it's all downhill. I still struggle with these things, though, even sometimes eat crisps for breakfast with an iced coffee when i'm in a bad phase, so i'm not living up to my ideals, (so this isn't a snide retort patternO, (heh))

I've been thinking of moving out of my house. I mean, from my family house. I've been changing a fuck lot this year (in a good way), but sometimes I feel I need some more big changes in my life to feel more comfortable. Or am I exaggerating?

FWP 1 - I've yet to find an optimal setting on my microwave to pop all, or nearly all, the corn kernels in my microwave popcorn bags! There are always some left unpopped and it feels like a waste. The 'Popcorn' button doesn't seem to make a difference either.

FWP 2 - Almost completed the 'Challenge Wall' in Super Smash Bros Wii U but the remaining challenges are heavily RNG based and involve playing an extremely annoying and shitty board game-like mode (Smash Tour) so I don't even know if I'll be able to suffer through it...

^ that should lead to some answers. wait for the results to come back.

what should have been a night out of enjoyment and fun has turned into a retarded mess of binge-eating Lebanese charcoal chicken, speeding all over Sydney (complete with being flashed by a hidden camera, woohoo! fines incoming) and lone tea-drinking at home. yes, that's how I deal with life, who needs drugs?!

fuck this gay earth with a hundred big black dicks right now.

at least I have a hot cuppa.

yep, i'd wait for the doctor on that one. do diabetics need to pee all the time ? could just be a nervous thing though, i think i had that once, you'd pee and then need to pee again. It went away.

I got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a couple of years ago and the symptoms was fatigue, with increased thirst and a lot of peeing. I was also overweight, where I lost about 20 kg in a year without doing anything. It only got discovered (although I would have probably gone gotten it checked out eventually) when I went for an unrelated problem to the doctor and mentioned the other symptoms. Got called back to the hospital the same day. My blood glucose level was something like four times normal. Spent a week in the hospital getting the sugar levels down and a brief stint of insulin injections since they suspected it was type 1, but that pushed my sugar levels too low and got it replaced with pills and now it's pretty much under control. It's apparently somewhat hereditary, so if you have relatives with it, it's possible you might also have it. My uncles and aunts all have it.

Edited by azatoth

someone just called in to where i work to check if marmite is ok to smear all over your bf's private parts. i imagined it, now my brain hurts.

Haha, fucking hell. I've just seen it in my minds eye, that's hilarious to be honest.

someone just called in to where i work to check if marmite is ok to smear all over your bf's private parts. i imagined it, now my brain hurts.

It is, no need to think about it.

It is, no need to think about it.

Seems like a short cut to thrush.

my fwp:

weird bladder problem that has been sticking around. it goes in cycles of getting worse and getting better, when it's bad i feel like i have to pee again even just moments after last going. quite often there's only a little bit when i do. then it clears up for a few days and it's all normal only to creep back again. i've been to the doctor and sent off a urine sample but i'm not sure if that will lead to direct answers. no pain or visible blood, at least not yet.

help me watmm! :S

Are you drinking obscene amounts of coffee? Could be that.