IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

FWP 1 - I've yet to find an optimal setting on my microwave to pop all, or nearly all, the corn kernels in my microwave popcorn bags! There are always some left unpopped and it feels like a waste. The 'Popcorn' button doesn't seem to make a difference either.

Solution idea: after eating all the popped kernals, reseal the bag (staples?) with the unpopped kernals and give them a second chance in the microwave. Be sure to report back if you try this.

FWP 1 - I've yet to find an optimal setting on my microwave to pop all, or nearly all, the corn kernels in my microwave popcorn bags! There are always some left unpopped and it feels like a waste. The 'Popcorn' button doesn't seem to make a difference either.

Solution idea: after eating all the popped kernals, reseal the bag (staples?) with the unpopped kernals and give them a second chance in the microwave. Be sure to report back if you try this.

2nd solution - learn to make stove-top popcorn. It's waaaaay better, way cheaper, plus - you have full control of kernel poppage and seasoning!

My gf has been making kettle corn lately. That stuff is addicting!

Edited by Audioblysk

just buy regular corn kernels, and pop them in a pot with a tbsp of oil. as long as you shake the pot around a few times and don't have it on too high a temp, you'll cook every one of the bastards. also, for extra awesome flavour, melt some butter in the microwave with the following spices for 30 seconds: 1/4 tsp each of Cumin, Chilli Powder, All Spice (or you could try clove & cinnamon), Salt (and sometimes I add Smoked Paprika or a tiny bit of Garlic Powder), pour over the popped corn and shake about.

also, anyone who adds sugar to popcorn needs to be shot in the face.

my dumb neighbor put wind chimes on her porch a couple days ago. we live in the hills right next to the pacific so they're always clanging in the afternoon because of strong winds. i mostly work at home on the computer so it's starting to drive me insane. stupid jerk.

my dumb neighbor put wind chimes on her porch a couple days ago. we live in the hills right next to the pacific so they're always clanging in the afternoon because of strong winds. i mostly work at home on the computer so it's starting to drive me insane. stupid jerk.

Tie all the strings together.

just buy regular corn kernels, and pop them in a pot with a tbsp of oil. as long as you shake the pot around a few times and don't have it on too high a temp, you'll cook every one of the bastards. also, for extra awesome flavour, melt some butter in the microwave with the following spices for 30 seconds: 1/4 tsp each of Cumin, Chilli Powder, All Spice (or you could try clove & cinnamon), Salt (and sometimes I add Smoked Paprika or a tiny bit of Garlic Powder), pour over the popped corn and shake about.

also, anyone who adds sugar to popcorn needs to be shot in the face.

top tips (well except the shooting thing, i don't advocate that, my brother did buy some caramel popcorn the other week though, that shit was so sweet neither of us could eat it. I'm happy with a little salted butter myself.)

ill just play multiple autechre live sets at once when i'm not home. turn on repeat. move speakers so they face the walls. she just moved in last week after they did two months of renovation. i've been enjoying the quite until the goddamnin' wind chimes came up 10ft from my couch. fwp till i die 4 lyfe

Edited by Kilgore Trout

This sentence doesn't sound right to me but I can't seem to make it proper....

"...historically a large concentration of wealth is placed in real property"

can someone english for me

Edited by StephenG

Change the "is" to "has been" and it sounds right (prob because "historically" refers to things in the past).

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I would also change "real" to "physical" since virtual currency is still real.

And historically it's been physical property and not virtual property.

Change the "is" to "has been" and it sounds right (prob because "historically" refers to things in the past).

that actually does sound better.

I would also change "real" to "physical" since virtual currency is still real.

And historically it's been physical property and not virtual property.

Real property is the legal term though, I have to stick with it.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/real+property

that actually does sound better.

Also, some prof's love commas whenever they're applicable, in which case "historically, a large..." would be the way to go. Personally I think too many commas make writing seem choppy, so I'd stick with the way you have that part. But my gf's old writing prof would disagree.