IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

One of my biggest pet peeves in the entire universe:

When people mutter "IT IS WHAT IT IS" in response to something you say, or that's being discussed. it's like, really dude? yeah fucking thank you my dear lord, for reminding me that life just is and that things ARE the way they ARE. cuz i fucking really needed to be reminded about that.

May as well just stfu, make your smug face, and say fucking nothing instead. don't waste my goddamn time with dumb cliched catch phrases.

I used to hate that phrase too but i realized that people are implying that "it" isn't going to change or there's nothing you can do to change whatever "it" is. "It" continues to be whatever it is.

Truly a Taoist remark.

My red limited edition copy of the Deftones' White Pony is degrading, and can't get a good rip of the first three tracks any more. And, I suspect, some other CDs might follow suit...

RIP White Pony + other optical media

my roomate will be moving out very soon and i'm excited because my landlord said i could have this place to myself ( 2 bedroom) for a good deal. he has since gone back on his word and decided to charge me more money. i'm pissed at him, but it's tsill a good deal so i'm staying here

walked a lot yesterday and now my ankle is crunkled. Or I slept on it funny.

I wanted to do all the productive things today, clean the flat and work on music. Now I'm in lots of pain and just hobbling from one room to the next.

is it inflamed? I fucked my right ankle going down some stairs, just two weeks ago. was one of the worst nights in recent memory actually. ankle's better but not 100% yet.

Just incredibly painful, managed a shower though and feel better now.

Yeah I've done this to myself before, it's when I go too hard with the walking. I walked for about 3hrs on Friday after work and another 3-4hrs yesterday.

Was fine when I woke up in the living room at 2am this morning and went to bed but I think I slept with it in an unnatural position.

And now I start a whole week of nightshifts from tomorrow night, fml.

Just don't try to straddle along any sort of catwalks. Made that mistake in Japan when I was 23 and was limping for at least a week, after falling off and landing improperly. But I was younger and dumber back then.

Edited by ambermonk

Look at getting some diclofenac gel. It's the active ingredient in Voltaren, but if you go to the doctor you can get diclofenac that is super strong. It's absolutely amazing, trust me. The worst muscle pain, tear, soreness, whatever... the prescription stuff is absolutely amazing.

I've had a small container for about 5 years from the doc, use it only when needed etc.