IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

draw a crude approximation of his face on that watermelon with a Sharpie, douse it in oil, impale it on a crucifix outside his doorstep and set it aflame before ringing the doorbell and running away.

if that doesn't resolve the problem then nothing will and you will have to move. you will probably have to move anyway, actually.

I know you were aiming for the vaginal side of things but I've quite enjoyed ambermonk misinterpreting "panty situation" as explosive diarrhea in response to his swag

Not sure what made you think that. It's not like I'm passing around the stomach flu. I knew what Usagi meant.

Latest FWP is my entitled drama queen of a step sister and her bad decisions and the fact that I have anything to do with her at all. But again, for everyone else's sake I withhold any diatribe.

Edited by ambermonk

Trying to move into a new apartment and one of my roommates is really throwing a wrench into everything.

Are you still in SF? Sunset?

Yeah, I'm moving closer to West Portal up Taraval. Slightly closer to you, actually.

This particular roommate keeps wanting to relay everything to the landlord, which is a really dumb decision if she wants to have next month paid for. Because of holiday traveling and other bills, I can't pay for the new place and also give 30 days notice (which would require I pay another month at the place I won't be living in). I suggested we get subletters, so she has over a month to find new roommates and I won't have to pay for a month I'm not using. She still wants to contact the landlord, which might fuddle things up and destroy the entire thing.

I'm ready to live by myself again :dry:

Pretty sure my left ear was ringing at about 622 Hz after listening to music too loudly on headphones. I thought it might've been some kind of background machinery at first, but there was no panning, so to speak, whenever I turned my head. Ear ringing usually seems to occur at a much higher tonal frequency. Odd.

Ah, I see. That actually would have been easier in PD. What you could have done is connect up a number box to an oscillator to a speaker, and drag the number around until it matches your tinnitus.

I always wondered if playing the same frequency as the tinnitus had any effect on it but I never bothered. At the very least it seems like there would be some trippy phasing effects.

Ah, I see. That actually would have been easier in PD. What you could have done is connect up a number box to an oscillator to a speaker, and drag the number around until it matches your tinnitus.

I always wondered if playing the same frequency as the tinnitus had any effect on it but I never bothered. At the very least it seems like there would be some trippy phasing effects.

Maybe if you detune the oscillator slightly it might yield something to that effect.

I remember back when Stomper Ultra ++ would automatically display the frequency of whatever oscillator you'd use on the drum sounds, which is where I pretty much derived that understanding in the first place. But PD might be calling my name soon enough.

I can't turn my head left or right without some considerable pain. First noticed it last night at a curry house, woke up early this morning thinking I was paralysed (only for a few seconds but it fucking hurt yo), and now as I sit on the computer I have to turn my whole desk chair to the side to pick up my beer which is on a small coffee-like table instead of just looking left and reaching for it.

getting off psych meds. zoloft and high dose of klonopin. realizing the heart of my anguish is lack of confidence instilled in my from me frrom early years. ADD doesnt help.
i only see what i "think" i cant do. I only see the negative in me. i have to stop this pattern cycle and use what i can do well and or find it

Edited by marf

Maybe if you detune the oscillator slightly it might yield something to that effect.

I remember back when Stomper Ultra ++ would automatically display the frequency of whatever oscillator you'd use on the drum sounds, which is where I pretty much derived that understanding in the first place. But PD might be calling my name soon enough.

Yeah, exactly. PD, Max, Reaktor, etc. are great for that kind of precision tuning you used to do w/ Stomper and Cool Edit, only you can tweak them more in real time, automate them, everything in between and other things you never imagined. You can also do all kinds of math on those, mix them, use controllers or whatever to be the general of your synth army. It's like synth legos.

And you certainly don't have to dive into the deep end right away, there's plenty of fun to be had with a homemade two-operator FM synth and a delay line with feedback, for example.

Stomper and Cool Edit...those were the days. Not the most efficient way to make entire trax tho lol

FWP time again. Got woken up at about 1:30 this morning by a 7.1 magnitude earthquake. At least nobody was hurt, according to the news.

I smoked weed for the very first time. It was fucking funny as fuck, lolololol, interesting experience. Tho I told my mom (since I'm bad at keeping secrets, and because I don't think I did something wrong) and despite she understanding, I think she will think differently about me.

Oh well.

What did she say when you told her about your first wank?

Best reply post of year so far, [[-;

please don't tell us about your first wank logak, not sure sometimes where you're coming from so I thought it best to mention that, heh.

Well at least procrastination involves doing something, I have no drive whatsoever, should get my thyroid checked but yep, can't be bothered.

It involves not doing something for an extended period of time, so provided you do one day get around to checking that thyroid, it's pretty much the same. At least in my sense it is. Driven by the lack of drive and all that.

Yeah, I gathered that we were in the same boat, but you know, one up ya and all that message board jazz. /recommends all the usual suggestions, exercise, sleep, diet, disconnecting from distractors like the net to force your mind to take joy from activities that will actually benefit you, it's too easy to get our dopamine fix from useless inactivities these days, our mental reward system has been hijacked by social networking, funny picture blogs and news feeds. We need to cut it back to a specified short amount per day or even week, be our own self parent, heh, then just get on with rewriting our brain's reward centre.

/goes to d/l anime, after a walk though

Well I started doing this, except for today I've mostly kept away and not interacted, which is the driver for return visits real isn't it, and haven't replaced it with too many other distractions, been going for long walks, in the sun, in the middle of the day, it's hella hot, but it's required. In the past I've just completely disconnected for a fe months at a time, perhaps I'm mature enough now to use in moderation, haha, nwae, laets, was a bit naughty today and went overboard a touch.