IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

i had an accident over the weekend and twunted my face up by coming into forceful contact with a wooden post. as if it wasn't bad enough missing the final BLOC.

*rubs face subconsciously* :catbleed:

I share your pain. Well, the missing bloc pain, not the face smash. On your own there.

FWP: my stereo receiver has been very faintly picking up a talk radio channel when it's switched to aux (and it doesn't matter what freq I stop at if I switch over to the tuner)... so whenever the music stops in my headphones, I can hear whispered news stories about donald trump. all my wave bands are belong to them :wtf:

Is it an AM or a FM station?

Right now I can tell it's NPR (KUOW, 93.3 FM or 1340 AM). I don't think it was NPR before, but maybe...

corollary FWP: I was moving through FM frequencies to get a bit closer to solving the riddle of the ghost radio and I stopped on a pop station. GOOD LORD WHAT TERRIBLE MUSIC. :wtf:

i had an accident over the weekend and twunted my face up by coming into forceful contact with a wooden post. as if it wasn't bad enough missing the final BLOC.

*rubs face subconsciously* :catbleed:

I share your pain. Well, the missing bloc pain, not the face smash. On your own there.

SHARE IT! :trashbear:

I sliced the side of my index finger something wicked while trying to remove some antique hardware from a thing. pretty sure my blood got a good dose of lead paint today. :catbleed:

i watch a lot of music videos when i exercise and i thought of something today i can't unthink: the fact that in all videos artists are playing instruments that are probably not their own... like we know they are playing along with the song when being recorded but the fact that the instruments aren't their's makes me question the realness of the music being played. or it's just me. something to think about /

Edited by yek

life going very well feel like it shouldn't.

going to get some therapy see if that makes everything worse

I hope you're holding up alright.

I wish I could offer something intelligent or profound sounding, but I just hope you're ok.

Got offered a new job that is going to require a lot of work put into it the first 6 months or so, then it'll settle a bit and I get moah moniez

- small problem -

I have a two week vacation in August I've been planning for a year and already have the tickets for in and I'm not sure when to tell the new job about it. I don't want it to mess with my chances of getting the job by putting it down up front...

Got offered a new job that is going to require a lot of work put into it the first 6 months or so, then it'll settle a bit and I get moah moniez

- small problem -

I have a two week vacation in August I've been planning for a year and already have the tickets for in and I'm not sure when to tell the new job about it. I don't want it to mess with my chances of getting the job by putting it down up front...

That's a tough one... Will they think you were being dishonest by not disclosing that, if you wait too long?

When hiring I definitely prefer applicants to be upfront about things like that. I think good managers will accommodate that type of thing.

Edited by StephenG

- small problem -

That's a tough one... Will they think you were being dishonest by not disclosing that, if you wait too long?

When hiring I definitely prefer applicants to be upfront about things like that. I think good managers will accommodate that type of thing.

It's higher up than a manager tho, so this really depends on the big money people and owners of the whole thing. I doubt they'll be too hardcore about it, but who knows. I'd be directing a crew of people and doing all the hiring and stuffs that a typical management person would do, AKA loads of freedom as long as the $ is coming in and everything is running well. I feel like I should bring it up once the offer is securely on the table and I have everyone gathered? Worst case scenario, I have to talk to them about when it would be appropriate to take the vacation and do some rescheduling... I'm pretty sure I can get the money back on the tickets a half year away... god dammit, I haven't been on vacation in a hot minute either...

The opportunity is worth too much to me. It's about a 50% increase in my yearly income out the gate with the ability to go even higher quickly.

Only in the land(s) of the free can you be pushed aside for actually saving your money and planning things for yourself that involve leisure and leaving responsibilities. Amirite?! :emotawesomepm9:

like 2 weeks back my lips went all red & dry

so I've been balming em up

but according to Dr. internet it might be an allergy to lip balm

… wat do

edit: dr. internet says also morgellons, maybe, or crop circles?

Edited by doorjamb

Right now I'm in North Carolina traveling for work with a few other co-workers. This one dude on my schedule I've been hanging out with is overall not a bad guy, just kind of uptight and more of a buzzkill with his vibes unintentionally. There are other people on different shifts I'd love to hang out with more, because they bring laughs and joy and hell yeahs. But this one dude was around when we were getting wasted on St. Patrick's day and his hidden, real, weird personality came out and he's kind of an aggressive tool, IMO. Napoleon complex. Watching him hit on girls was horrid and depressing because it always ended in pity hugs and I watched him get a fat girls number and he called a married female coworker to come out at like 2 AM because he's so thirsty. Now I can't look at him the same way and today at work I waited for him to come through a door and I jumped out and screamed and scared the shit out of him.

My girlfriend calls chipotle chillipotel, and when I tell her it's chipotle for the umpteenth time she says, yeah maybe, but you still know what I'm talking about.

Is this reason enough for splitting up after ten years? It's rough!

Edited by Gocab