IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

raging, nauseating tooth pain. For several days now. Probably needs to come out. BUT, I'm working nights this week so won't be able to do anything until next week.

:psyduck:

On the fws side of this though, the Nurse working nights at the prison this week has given me some kite altitude pain meds.

My noise show was marred by unintended noise (sounded like something wasn't grounded, and the hum overtook everything... of course everybody thought it was deliberate, but it wasn't right at all. I wanted to stop, but the show must go on).

haha, i'm trying to figure out how to get rid of that at home. It's barely audible until i hit the distortion pedals.

Gah, tell me about it! The pedal in our array was a compressor pedal to bring out every miniscule scrape off my collaborator's musical saw, but instead it just maximized that hum to its full obtrusive potential. Her saw is quiet, so it didn't stand a chance.

New FWP: despite being holed up in my studio with the intention of working I have gotten fuck all done today. Not sure what happened (other than nothing).

A client sent me some backing vocals to mix into her track, and so far in every take she has sung the entire line 1 semitone flat. I don't really understand how... like it's really hard to sing a melody one key above or below the actual key of a song due to how dissonant that sounds. "So just pitch shift the entire thing up 1 semitone, Zeph." A good suggestion, and maybe I'd consider if the backing track weren't audible in the background of each take. Oi... nice girl though.

Is she tone-deaf? I mean if you can hear the backing track audibly and she's not even tracking to it properly that makes no sense. However, if it is in fact played slower I wonder if her vocals were actually recorded at 48kHz and you're trying to load them as a 44.1kHz recording. Or maybe this is an obsolete problem that people only had 10 years ago when DAWs were dumber.

A client sent me some backing vocals to mix into her track, and so far in every take she has sung the entire line 1 semitone flat. I don't really understand how... like it's really hard to sing a melody one key above or below the actual key of a song due to how dissonant that sounds. "So just pitch shift the entire thing up 1 semitone, Zeph." A good suggestion, and maybe I'd consider if the backing track weren't audible in the background of each take. Oi... nice girl though.

Is she tone-deaf? I mean if you can hear the backing track audibly and she's not even tracking to it properly that makes no sense. However, if it is in fact played slower I wonder if her vocals were actually recorded at 48kHz and you're trying to load them as a 44.1kHz recording. Or maybe this is an obsolete problem that people only had 10 years ago when DAWs were dumber.

Like I said, I can hear the backing track on the soloed tracks. It is a semitone higher. I wonder if she had the song going through her head all day a semitone lower, and then when it was time to sing to the track it was just hardwired into her brain like that. I don't know, it's fucked. Every take is like that.

razorburn on ya ballsack.

edit: woman sitting next to me saw me typing this on my phone

yes you, lady. stop reading about my ballsack.

Edited by usagi

my fucking elliptical machine broke. i mean , use it everyday, for health and such and the endorphins make me feel good when i use it. so now i have to phone up the place i got it, have a fix it guy come around, him order new parts, come back again. i hope it doesn't break the bank. but i'll pay anyway. i got it 3 years ago? it cost over a grand, i dunno

Drama!

My most vague fwp to date. FWP2: too lazy to explain my FWPs but alluding to them anyway. This is just my way of putting off actually dealing with them. I'm psyching myself up with the power of watmm.

Major shin pain.

Went on my first run of the year. Only went like 4km, but my shins are killing me. I don't do enough high impact stuff.... Trying to get into better habits and running is one of them.

I'm interviewing with a place that sends professional correspondence in Comic Sans. :psyduck:

Do they send those stupid Microsoft Outlook smileys as well that turn up as "J" on Macs?

Every web page I browse in Firefox appears only with a white background and in Times New Roman font...except Google. I'm sure someone here can explain it better than I can, in web programming terms.

The strange thing is Google Chrome seems to be working fine. Not to pull the foil hat card, but...Google conspiracy?

I'm interviewing with a place that sends professional correspondence in Comic Sans. :psyduck:

Do they send those stupid Microsoft Outlook smileys as well that turn up as "J" on Macs?

Oh god is that what those are? :cerious: Sick

I've been lucky enough not to need Outlook myself.

continuing with the family jewels theme:

I haven't cum in like a month, partly because I've become a perpetual work-eat-sleep hermit, and partly as a discipline thing to see how long I can go. I'm feeling backed up and me bollocks are achin' and swingin' heavy. I'm throwing in the towel and relieving myself tonight with the aid of a gracious third party. will keep watmm posted.