IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

My mind finally comes awake at 2300 and need to I get up to go to work at 0630, where I sleepwalk through my days. My evenings are spent sleeping in front of the television. It's no good.

Edited by Gocab

I'm almost losing my mind over my complete lack of confidence when it comes to women. And I've got absolutely no idea on how to become more confident. Apart from generic advice from people that is basically just "you should be more confident!".

I'm almost losing my mind over my complete lack of confidence when it comes to women. And I've got absolutely no idea on how to become more confident. Apart from generic advice from people that is basically just "you should be more confident!".

Date fat women for while, that usually works.

Well I've dated insecure young goth girls before, does that count? The time comes though when I want to move on from someone who's going to cry when I say I don't like Linkin Park.

HA! the next step is NIN fans .. the sex is fun, but they hate you because you are not Trent Reznor.

After that who knows .. you may have to date girls with daddy issues .. are you okay with wearing cheesy x-mas sweaters?

Edited by YO303

No! That's the thing. I don't want to take advantage of anyone. My last girlfriend was one of the hottest girls I know, and it really fucked with my confidence when she cheated on me and eventually broke up with me, but it's been 8 months now and I just don't have the charm anymore I guess. Not that I think I ever did have any charm—I actually can't remember how I managed to get the attention of any of my previous girlfriends in the first place.

This is why i hate monogamy. Your girlfriend didn't cheat on you .. she just wanted to fuck someone else for fun, if she hated you/or didn't love you, she would break up with you.

This is why i hate monogamy. Your girlfriend didn't cheat on you .. she just wanted to fuck someone else for fun, if she hated you/or didn't love you, she would break up with you.

Plato Suggested that as part of his 3 waves for his ideal society nearly 2500 years ago.

Philosophers must be kings/queens (The rulers).

Treat all men and woman as equals.

All woman and children must be shared.

I don't like polygamy, and I can only assume that when entering into an exclusive relationship with someone, that they will respect the fact that it is a monogamous relationship until an agreement has been made (if at all). But that's not what my current problem is about. The fact is, I'm lacking the confidence to make a move on a smart, strong woman. It's not a case of "yeah I'll just go and find some insecure little emo girl to take advantage of".

Why don't you just man up and join a dating site and let prospective partners know that you're looking for a "smart, strong woman." Throw a couple hihowareyas out there and you'll probably get a response.

And when you get the response, you'll fap at her pictures and put off contacting her until she deletes her profile and you're left feeling more lonely and useless than ever before.

I mean, it's 2011 for fuck's sake.

Why don't you just man up and join a dating site and let prospective partners know that you're looking for a "smart, strong woman." Throw a couple hihowareyas out there and you'll probably get a response.

And when you get the response, you'll fap at her pictures and put off contacting her until she deletes her profile and you're left feeling more lonely and useless than ever before.

I mean, it's 2011 for fuck's sake.

Been there, gone on several one-off dates with girls who are cool but didn't contact me again. Yes, even after I waited 1-4 days and sent a text saying "nice to meet you, how about we do it again sometime"

4 days is probably too long. Don't fall for that bs about girls needing some period of neglect or they'll think you're desperate. You want a smart woman, right? Be (realistically) confident, yes, but don't follow those high school dating rules if you want a real sentient human for a companion.

Could be you just haven't met the right one, yet. Chemistry is weird and unpredictable. Keep putting yourself out there. The more dating you do the more comfortable you'll be with casual but interesting conversation. The only way to build confidence is through real world interaction. You'll get out of the rut eventually.

Also, be sexy about it. Put on that robe and wizard hat. She'll thank you later.

:shrug: I'm just not good with first impressions. So much pressure, meeting someone you've never met before with all of these expectations. The dating site thing just isn't for me.

Guest Enter a new display name

Judging by other people's experience, dating sites are about women receiving too many messages from guys who seem desperate and who seek an obvious objective. Modey, I really suck with women, trust me. It's hard to get confidence and recover from a broken heart, but meeting the one always happens unexpectedly. I recently met a very cute and interesting girl during a party last week and I asked her out for a drink the night we met. We had our first date 2 days ago and I really feel this is leading somewhere. Just don't think so hard about finding a girl right now. You should fap, compose prog-rock, go out with friends who will introduce you to new people, etc. There's no rush, buddy. Zole.

Just don't think so hard about finding a girl right now.

I know, the problem is that I've met someone who is really awesome and we have a good time together, but I'm not confident enough to take it to the next level, so to speak.

Guest Enter a new display name

I know, the problem is that I've met someone who is really awesome and we have a good time together, but I'm not confident enough to take it to the next level, so to speak.

I would usually feel this way but if the interest seems mutual between you and her, what could possibly go wrong then?

I would usually feel this way but if the interest seems mutual between you and her, what could possibly go wrong then?

The friend zone. Which is horrible in itself.

Be a man and take care of your appearence, if you're ugly, dress well and do your best to not be ugly. Thats the first step... Second.. go to places where you can find nice girls or just girls. Lower your standards if needed.