IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Developed feelings toward a friend and after we started hanging out a lot more and doing date-ish things (movies, sit down dinner, bars) i asked her out. She was surprised, said she was down, but i could sense some reluctance. Anyway, went on a date and to make a long story short, she wanted to stay friends.

I'm pretty bummed because I was liking the idea of dating someone I already know but i guess it's back to the okcupid grind of trying to meet up with women I don't even know. This dating angst is kill me.

Hey, dude. I was searching this post since I had something to tell' ya.

I think we're similar in that context. But my approach has been to actually not try to conquer a woman. In fact, I mostly ignore them. I just focus on me, my passions, my life. And you know what has happened? Girls became interested in me. For some reason they love to be ignored. And that's okai since I really don't care about love atm, but it is nice sometimes.

My point is that don't get sad or something like that, always focus on you and you only. Do what you love, do it well. Love will fall down like a gazing star in the least expected moment for you. I know.

Eh, i've heard people say this but i'm a much more active person than passive. I don't like the idea of things passively falling into my lap

Developed feelings toward a friend and after we started hanging out a lot more and doing date-ish things (movies, sit down dinner, bars) i asked her out. She was surprised, said she was down, but i could sense some reluctance. Anyway, went on a date and to make a long story short, she wanted to stay friends.

I'm pretty bummed because I was liking the idea of dating someone I already know but i guess it's back to the okcupid grind of trying to meet up with women I don't even know. This dating angst is kill me.

Hey, dude. I was searching this post since I had something to tell' ya.

I think we're similar in that context. But my approach has been to actually not try to conquer a woman. In fact, I mostly ignore them. I just focus on me, my passions, my life. And you know what has happened? Girls became interested in me. For some reason they love to be ignored. And that's okai since I really don't care about love atm, but it is nice sometimes.

My point is that don't get sad or something like that, always focus on you and you only. Do what you love, do it well. Love will fall down like a gazing star in the least expected moment for you. I know.

Eh, i've heard people say this but i'm a much more active person than passive. I don't like the idea of things passively falling into my lap

No. Do it my way and you'll drown on pussy.

I haven't really laughed hard in a long time. I mean there's lolin'... and then there's uncontrollable laughter that bubbles up from inside you which you can't stop and by the end you're out of breath and teary. I miss that experience. it's been a couple of years, I think. nothing makes me laugh like that anymore :|

I had a bit of a girlfriend in Copenhagen but now I'm back in Boston and for the past couple days she's been telling me how much she misses me and I miss her too, but I don't want to drown in misery or anything. She wants to visit in the fall and I'd love that too but the idea of some long distance thing that got cut short is depressing to me. Hey, at least I'm livin' I suppose. I really did have a good time there! Boston is kinda boring compared to Copenhagen and especially Berlin.

Edited by Candiru

I had a bit of a girlfriend in Copenhagen but now I'm back in Boston and for the past couple days she's been telling me how much she misses me and I miss her too, but I don't want to drown in misery or anything. She wants to visit in the fall and I'd love that too but the idea of some long distance thing that got cut short is depressing to me. Hey, at least I'm livin' I suppose. I really did have a good time there! Boston is kinda boring compared to Copenhagen and especially Berlin.

move.

I spent the entire day working from home listening to Sunn o))) and I think I can see the blackened edges of the eternal, gaping abyss creeping in on the peripheries of my vision.

I spent the entire day working from home listening to Sunn o))) and I think I can see the blackened edges of the eternal, gaping abyss creeping in on the peripheries of my vision.

Pink Bismuth, IMO

move.

You read my mind.

move.

You read my mind.

Strategizin' n' shit. It's not easy, but possible.

Yeah, I'd do it just for the experience of living in a new country that I really liked. There's a long complicated post I wrote out but then I couldn't edit.

Basically the site I'm working at in the US is closing at the end of the year and I'll be free to do what I want. I plan on traveling more. I already applied for the open positions(which are my current job) in Denmark but they said they weren't pushing for the American visitors to transfer there and they won't help with relocation or the visa. But they might just be waiting until the end of the year. It was also extremely stressful to work at the site in Denmark and the turnover is really high, so I was really going back and forth in my head about it. There's another company close to it that would be better. It's even more complicated than I can think to write at the moment.

I haven't really laughed hard in a long time. I mean there's lolin'... and then there's uncontrollable laughter that bubbles up from inside you which you can't stop and by the end you're out of breath and teary. I miss that experience. it's been a couple of years, I think. nothing makes me laugh like that anymore :|

Yes!!! i was just thinking this the other day, i remember getting sent out of a lesson at secondary school once cos i was uncontrollably laughing so hard, i really miss that feeling :(

somewhat related, just got fired for the first time from a retail job. i guess they could see through my politely smiling mask and sense how little i gave a shit.

might just gap to wellington and see if i can find an actual proper job down there.

any time i go into trader joes i get really freaked out like i'm high and everyone knows. all the workers are waaaaay too happy to be there, calling each other "mate" and "captain" and people at the checkout are ringing goddamn ship's bells to call managers over to congratulate customers on donating money to an elementary school. i just want some cheese bro, chill out.

Same at Whole Foods.

yeah this was kind of like the NZ version of whole foods.

i can't tell you how many middle aged women i would see per day buying $20 muesli, either dressed in fur or running gear with gigantic camel toes showing through their nike leggings. horrific stuff.

"do u have any gluten free breadcrumbs?"

any time i go into trader joes i get really freaked out like i'm high and everyone knows. all the workers are waaaaay too happy to be there, calling each other "mate" and "captain" and people at the checkout are ringing goddamn ship's bells to call managers over to congratulate customers on donating money to an elementary school. i just want some cheese bro, chill out.

FLOL! I religiously shop at trader joes and get this feeling every time i'm in the store. I actually had a situation today where i seriously was trying to figure out if my cashier was on cocaine or not. We had a brief but passionate conversation about the sourdough bread I was buying.