IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I just saw a video entitled "why you won't get a full scholarship to Berklee" and I had a massive pang of regret, because when I was 16 I got a full scholarship to Berklee and didn't end up going for various reasons (I virtually never mention this because it sounds like something a self-aggrandizing pathological liar would say).

In some ways, at some times, I feel like a fucking failure. Like I've squandered opportunities handed to me on a golden fucking platter. Like all I needed to do was show up and I couldn't even do that.

But having said that I've roundaboutly autodidacted my way into a pretty solid education, especially musically

I just saw a video entitled "why you won't get a full scholarship to Berklee" and I had a massive pang of regret, because when I was 16 I got a full scholarship to Berklee and didn't end up going for various reasons (I virtually never mention this because it sounds like something a self-aggrandizing pathological liar would say).

In some ways, at some times, I feel like a fucking failure. Like I've squandered opportunities handed to me on a golden fucking platter. Like all I needed to do was show up and I couldn't even do that.

But having said that I've roundaboutly autodidacted my way into a pretty solid education, especially musically

Damn, that's the sort of thing that always sticks with you though. I had a vaguely similar thing...I was on track to go to a school for maths arts and sciences, basically replacing my high school experience with a higher level education (they focused on college level stuff, etc.) and was given the choice when I was 14-15. It would've required me living on campus, about 1.5 hours away from my parents, for the semesters. Part of me didn't want to out of that fear of being away from family all the time, alone basically, but the real final decision when a stupid friend told me something, and I listened. He mentioned that there was a bunch of gay kids there, boys and girls, and I'd have to room with one or more guys of course, and so 'who knows what' basically was the implication. I wasn't stupid, but I heard that and got scared of not becoming gay, but like, being influenced or being around like weird uncomfortable situations and stuff...so I never took that opportunity. I ended up hating high school because I wasn't challenged or interested, didn't go to college until I was almost 28, and have had a pretty shitty run of retail jobs my whole life. Obviously going to that school wouldn't have fixed all my problems, but damn it could've been a truly different path to have taken in life, and the stupidity of the reasoning my 14 year old brain got stuck on, that shit kills me every time I think about it.

Damn, that's the sort of thing that always sticks with you though. I had a vaguely similar thing...I was on track to go to a school for maths arts and sciences, basically replacing my high school experience with a higher level education (they focused on college level stuff, etc.) and was given the choice when I was 14-15. It would've required me living on campus, about 1.5 hours away from my parents, for the semesters. Part of me didn't want to out of that fear of being away from family all the time, alone basically, but the real final decision when a stupid friend told me something, and I listened. He mentioned that there was a bunch of gay kids there, boys and girls, and I'd have to room with one or more guys of course, and so 'who knows what' basically was the implication. I wasn't stupid, but I heard that and got scared of not becoming gay, but like, being influenced or being around like weird uncomfortable situations and stuff...so I never took that opportunity. I ended up hating high school because I wasn't challenged or interested, didn't go to college until I was almost 28, and have had a pretty shitty run of retail jobs my whole life. Obviously going to that school wouldn't have fixed all my problems, but damn it could've been a truly different path to have taken in life, and the stupidity of the reasoning my 14 year old brain got stuck on, that shit kills me every time I think about it.

at least your not gay  :cisfor:

jk

Man, I hear ya there... self sabotage is a real motherfucker. Hate it that I've squandered so many opportunities. At least we're aware of our problem and can work on recognizing it as it happens.

Apple still not releasing new workable computers

I cannot take it anymore

1314502423Tzjio7.jpg

the rumors point toward October but the fact that there aren't new rumors/leaks/etc is worrying tbh.

It would be hardcore stupid to buy an existing Mac right now, they're old and expensive.

Some of the people who say they're desperately waiting have a 2 year old MacBook Pro - lol, they should try my old MacBook Air!

I don't really want to go Hackintosh, I want a nice laptop.

No, a Windows laptop is not an option...

You should know by now that Apple are smarter than thou, and will thus decide when you deserve a new laptop.

Windows sucks balls too for altogether different reasons.  I'll probably be posting back here in a couple of months when I try to replace my crusty dell w/ borked keyboard

Edited by Bob Dobalina

I have no intention of buying any new Macs that come out, but I'm plenty interested in it all. My 5 year old Mac Mini is doing great, but I might buy a used MBP sometime after the new ones come out :D

pasadena will tax "video services" like netflix, hulu, HBO go.

this is hilariously fucked up. next: oxygen tax.

Lol, paper shopping bags are 10 cents in pasadena and I kind of like that. Bring yer own fuckin bags!

they're also 10cents in santa monica, venice and hollywood.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Apple still not releasing new workable computers
I cannot take it anymore

1314502423Tzjio7.jpg

the rumors point toward October but the fact that there aren't new rumors/leaks/etc is worrying tbh.
It would be hardcore stupid to buy an existing Mac right now, they're old and expensive.
Some of the people who say they're desperately waiting have a 2 year old MacBook Pro - lol, they should try my old MacBook Air!
I don't really want to go Hackintosh, I want a nice laptop.
No, a Windows laptop is not an option...

You should know by now that Apple are smarter than thou, and will thus decide when you deserve a new laptop.

Windows sucks balls too for altogether different reasons.  I'll probably be posting back here in a couple of months when I try to replace my crusty dell w/ borked keyboard

I just got a Zenbook Pro and it's really nice and powerful.

A lot of opportunities require a great deal of self sacrifice though. To the point where you're like "why the fuck did I get myself into this shit?". And at the end you're like a grizzled old sea captain that gives no fucks because shit was just too real.

I bought a rad sofa, then found it would not fit through my flat's cramped front corridor so I had to return it, in between lugging it up and down a flight of stairs and damaging walls and other stuff, including muscles and pride. Infinite sadness / humiliation.

Blank: scoop up whatever he makes a mess of and transfer it to his bed. Continue until he stops.

Too damn tired on my days off to do much. God dammit. 

i made some weed butter, however most recipes are apparently aimed at drug dealers who have ounces of the stuff to spare, so i scaled back a recipe to suit just a small amount. everything seemed to be going fine until the heat seemed to die down and there were no more bubbles forming. assuming that to fix this i would turn the heat up, i actually made things worse as the thing started to go brown and then black like coffee. i think what happened was when the bubbles stopped it was done and i should have used it then, instead i applied more heat than i should have and ruined most of the thc content

i forced myself to chug at least half of it (fun fact: poured cold milk on it so it congealed and then ate it with a spoon) but nearly threw up from the fattiness so had to throw out the rest. it actually tasted alright it just became too much after a while.

anyway i didn't really get high but i did get a slight mellow buzz with some interesting thoughts, and things definitely felt different but it wasn't the same familiar stoned feeling. wasn't worth the time or effort, not to mention the amount of weed i wasted. however i went into it knowing there was a chance it wouldn't work so it wasn't too bad. 

THC's decarboxylation temp along with its almost full solubility in lipids mean that you really only need to get it in oil around 250-300 degrees for about 15-30minutes max. I always cringe when I see people cook the living shit out of pot like they are frying a few pieces of chicken. At some point you convert the THC-a to its orally active, non-acid form, generally pretty quickly. But, also after a certain point at running it too high of temp for too long THC will degrade into a more stony and sluggish cannabinoid named CBN. 

You're an Aussie right? I hear all the time from Oz expats that are in my industry that loads of people grow down there. Probably total bullshit as I assume your country has strict laws on that and they are just cocky cunts. But if you can, you just gotta make a clever connection to a bloke willing to unload some trim on you and you'd be set for a few dozen moons on your canna-butter needs.