IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Got up this morning right when my alarm went off with no problems, got dressed and drove myself to campus on time feeling fully awake. Now that I'm here though, it's hit me that I'm still really fucking tired and now I'm struggling to stay awake.

oh yeah they've also started to bring the sniffer dogs into pubs so you might be having a beer with your mates and there's a chance one of you will have to deal with being searched for the cops for 5-10 mins over some bullshit. a fun night out for all.

damn that sucks! god bless Washington state. :wub:

if you've got a property out of the city and you're a smoker then you'd be stupid not to have a few plants. nothing beats homegrown, plus no $$ for criminal gangs so it's a pretty good approach. in the city it can be pretty cramped, hard to get the privacy needed to grow. in terms of the police attitude towards weed they're pretty shitty, mainly just treating it as a way to fine people. they frequently have sniffer dogs at train stations (sometimes even on buses). they actually have a ridiculously low success rate, a lot of people apparently smell like weed but don't have anything on them. anyway it's bullshit and only happens in sydney as far as i can tell. 

oh yeah they've also started to bring the sniffer dogs into pubs so you might be having a beer with your mates and there's a chance one of you will have to deal with being searched for the cops for 5-10 mins over some bullshit. a fun night out for all.

What the fuck? How wide-spread is weed use there? I couldn't imagine enjoying a pint and having sniffer dog units barge in, here in the UK, and the country smokes a shit ton of it.

one side of my 10 year old $300 etymotic er4 in ear headphones has died. not sure i can fix it myself and i'm lazy and will end up just buying new ones since they're supposed to be better and i'll tell myself they are and logic trick myself out of buyers remorse/guilt at not having fixed my broken pair somehow. 

"but i'm busy and don't have time" - then watches too many tv shows wtf. shoot me in the face. 

the 1st world problems thread motivated me to try and fix my headphones. it was just a clogged/damaged filter. replaced it. all is well with my headphones. thank you watmm for saving me $349.00 for new headphones. 

Sweet Jesus I almost got seriously injured at work. Some (professional) assholes loaded a box truck with incredibly heavy fiberglass windows and didn't strap them down, so as I herfed them outta there the entire pile crashed and I just barely hopped out of the way. That woulda broke my damn legs! Fuckers.

Sweet Jesus I almost got seriously injured at work. Some (professional) assholes loaded a box truck with incredibly heavy fiberglass windows and didn't strap them down, so as I herfed them outta there the entire pile crashed and I just barely hopped out of the way. That woulda broke my damn legs! Fuckers.

:cerious:

^ glad you dodged that bullet man!

if you've got a property out of the city and you're a smoker then you'd be stupid not to have a few plants. nothing beats homegrown, plus no $$ for criminal gangs so it's a pretty good approach. in the city it can be pretty cramped, hard to get the privacy needed to grow. in terms of the police attitude towards weed they're pretty shitty, mainly just treating it as a way to fine people. they frequently have sniffer dogs at train stations (sometimes even on buses). they actually have a ridiculously low success rate, a lot of people apparently smell like weed but don't have anything on them. anyway it's bullshit and only happens in sydney as far as i can tell. 

What the fuck? How wide-spread is weed use there? I couldn't imagine enjoying a pint and having sniffer dog units barge in, here in the UK, and the country smokes a shit ton of it.

Yeah this is draconian, what the hell

One of my favorite metal bands (Revocation) is playing essentially a free show at a local brewery (Surly) next Saturday... but, it's my wife's birthday and there's no way in hell I'm talking her into being up for that.