IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Locked out of my gmail account for reasons I cannot fathom. It's not allowing me to set a new password like it usually does, and even asks me to type in a phone number I haven't used for a couple of years. But even typing that in, it does not acknowledge it's me. Even though I am still accessing the emails from my phone with no problem (and can confirm no-one has hacked my account to use it for shady stuff).

A n n o y i n g

There's perhaps nothing more SFWP-y than this: a weak/shitty/annoying trackpad on a laptop. Constant pain of the privileged variety.

Edited by auxien

my boss decided to get an artist to paint a mural on the wall outside. he didn't check w/neighbor businesses (we all share one side the building) or the landlord first so i show up to work this morning and everyone is super pissed.. the mural was only just started but the base layer is BLACK so the whole section of wall.. which is brick.. is black. the paint will have to be removed. lol.  it's like 10 ft by 12ft of black as night fucking paint on brick.  gonna be a pain in the ass and expensive to get someone to remove it. 

my boss hasn't shown up yet but he knows everyone is pissed at him.. us.. etc.  

Edited by ignatius

my boss decided to get an artist to paint a mural on the wall outside. he didn't check w/neighbor businesses (we all share one side the building) or the landlord first so i show up to work this morning and everyone is super pissed.. the mural was only just started but the base layer is BLACK so the whole section of wall.. which is brick.. is black. the paint will have to be removed. lol.  it's like 10 ft by 12ft of black as night fucking paint on brick.  gonna be a pain in the ass and expensive to get someone to remove it. 

Weeeeell, hopefully that's out of his pocket and not any of the employees, right?

Weeeeell, hopefully that's out of his pocket and not any of the employees, right?

oh it's only out his pocket. he owns the business. 

already dealt with though. he called someone to come sandblast the wall. what a pain in the ass though. 

Yesterday: UAE police forcing their way into our office with machine guns, looking for our receptionist who apparently embezzled thousands of dollars from a bank, seized all of our IDs, and held us for hours, right at lunch time without allowing us to go eat, or use the toilet, and took our cellphones. Thanks, Cherell!

Yesterday: UAE police forcing their way into our office with machine guns, looking for our receptionist who apparently embezzled thousands of dollars from a bank, seized all of our IDs, and held us for hours, right at lunch time without allowing us to go eat, or use the toilet, and took our cellphones. Thanks, Cherell!

fuckin Cherell. 

well.. i hope you got to pee eventually. that sucks. no fun. wrong kind of drama ay? 

I've been sucked into a pitch correction vortex.  Client's recording the vocals herself and I'm having to pitch correct about 90% of every syllable.  Many are a full semitone off.  It's insanity!  I've heard her sing outside of recording, and she's actually got a pretty decent voice.  Isn't that pitchy in person.  I wonder what changes when she hits record, and why she's not hearing how dramatically off-key her voice is.  So weird.

I've been sucked into a pitch correction vortex.  Client's recording the vocals herself and I'm having to pitch correct about 90% of every syllable.  Many are a full semitone off.  It's insanity!  I've heard her sing outside of recording, and she's actually got a pretty decent voice.  Isn't that pitchy in person.  I wonder what changes when she hits record, and why she's not hearing how dramatically off-key her voice is.  So weird.

Would it be considered rude or unprofessional to tell her she is off key?

I've mentioned it tactfully, and explained I've spent X amount of time pitch and time correcting her vocals before.  So she knows how much of her budget is going towards vocal edits.  What she may not be aware of is that it's not normal for such an inordinate amount of time to go into that part of a project.  If she were recording with me instead of on her own, I think we could nip this one in the bud.  But she's sick and extremely weak, gets exhausted easily, and I think pretty much just has to do it on her own time when she's able.  I know she's been struggling just to get it to this point... so there's not much that can be done.  

I've mentioned it tactfully, and explained I've spent X amount of time pitch and time correcting her vocals before.  So she knows how much of her budget is going towards vocal edits.  What she may not be aware of is that it's not normal for such an inordinate amount of time to go into that part of a project.  If she were recording with me instead of on her own, I think we could nip this one in the bud.  But she's sick and extremely weak, gets exhausted easily, and I think pretty much just has to do it on her own time when she's able.  I know she's been struggling just to get it to this point... so there's not much that can be done.  

Is she off-rhythm too? This seems unlikely but is it possible that she wasn't listening to the rest of the track while she was recording?

Is she off-rhythm too? This seems unlikely but is it possible that she wasn't listening to the rest of the track while she was recording?

lol nope - I can hear the rest of the track quite clearly on her vocal takes.  The rhythm problems are less obvious.  Most of that part is at least in the ball park.  But everything's doubled, so if one take is a little off rhythmically it sounds gimpy.  

FWP: there's already a Potus on bandcamp and it isn't a sweet metal band like I'd hoped.  Apparently it's an MF Doom collab?  The EP is "coming very soon" as of Jan 9 2013.

Yeah... it is what it is.  She has a limited budget and I wish I could just focus on making the production arrangement as awesome as possible, rather than spend most of the time fixing problem spots on the performance.