IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Dexterity is far less important than groove and good ideas, but yeah I hear what you're saying.  I would say the same thing about my guitar playing.  As for the drums, I'm not really a drummer, but I did play them briefly as a kid in my first band, and I really wish I had kept it up.  My friend and I used to switch off on guitar/vocals and drummer duties, but early on we realized he was a better drummer and I was a better songwriter/vocalist.  Once that happened I stopped playing drums altogether, which I really regret.  What I do have years of experience with is explaining to drummers what I want them to do, and programming drums for electronic music.  So at this point I think like a drummer, but my hand/leg coordination is still that of a near-beginner.  If all I have to do is two limbs at a time, I can handle that.  But add a third one in there and I'm clumsy as fuck.  I also can't keep up the kick with much precision, which drives me crazy because I can hear if something is slightly out of time.  So every time I sit behind a kit I very quickly become anger incarnate... though I can say that about many excellent drummers too, difference being it makes them play better.  My playing only turns to greater shit.

i keep on forgetting that my fucking posts are now just invisible when i first post them. just spent 15 minutes writing out some musings on the nature of my perceived inability to memorise music and then it just dissapears.

Edited by messiaen

<script> </script>

why does this happen

edit: it doesnt happen when i use the ''more reply options'', only when i use the quick post section at the bottom of the page. 

Edited by messiaen

I can't tell if the music I'm writing is good, interesting, catchy and forward-thinking or just pretentious, annoying trash that I've grown accustomed to because I've listened to it repeatedly.

Post some and let the benevolent hive-mind of WATMM make the call  :emotawesomepm9:

=) this

aux everything I've heard from you is quite good so... I have no doubt what you're working on is... also quite good.

Post some and let the benevolent hive-mind of WATMM make the call  :emotawesomepm9:

=) this

aux everything I've heard from you is quite good so... I have no doubt what you're working on is... also quite good.

lol Leon that should go swimmingly....but hey maybe i will later this week when i get some of them where i want them. I'm a sucker for punishment after all :diablo:

And thank you Bulk, I swear I wasn't posting fishing for compliments though. Just seemed like a very much first-world problem many around here might sympathize with. Always that push/pull of 'does this suck terribly or is it really good?' We'll see soon enough. Hoping to finish at least an EP and an album (mostly compiling/editing/mixing/etc) before year's end. Send 2017 out with a bang/out with the trash. :emotawesomepm9:

got a mobile data contract with the iPhone X, and picked the provider with the highest possible speed and it is indeed superfast. But, it’s limited to 4GB / month. But, the first month had unlimited data. Problem: this is so much faster than any WiFi/DSL connection can ever be, so rn I just tether my laptop to it and don’t use any WiFi, and it is very easy to get used to this... but the fun will be over end of December... sigh!

got a mobile data contract with the iPhone X, and picked the provider with the highest possible speed and it is indeed superfast. But, it’s limited to 4GB / month. But, the first month had unlimited data. Problem: this is so much faster than any WiFi/DSL connection can ever be, so rn I just tether my laptop to it and don’t use any WiFi, and it is very easy to get used to this... but the fun will be over end of December... sigh!

Don’t you live somewhere where you can get fiber? No LTE plan in the world can touch those speeds.

The new Tapatalk update has broken basically every function besides posting. Clicking on threads in “Unread” used to bring me to my last read post, now it just starts me at the OP. I’ll get notifications on my home screen that won’t show up in-app for hours. Long-pressing topics read only lasts until my next refresh, then they pop back up again even if there’s no new posts. And following links opens up a white screen with no controls except a back button. This app has always been trash but it’s reaching new heights these days.

I was invited over for dinner at Oracle founder Larry Ellison's winter cabin this coming weekend to discuss IoT & hyperloops, and my wife and I can't decide what kind of wine to bring that will best pair with the sherry-infused lamb caviar mousse that he's making...

Edited by Lane Visitor

I was invited over for dinner at Oracle founder Larry Ellison's winter cabin this coming weekend to discuss IoT & hyperloops, and my wife and I can't decide what kind of wine to bring that will best pair with the sherry-infused lamb caviar mousse that he's making...

If serious.... that is a pretty upper class first world problem. And also really cool, congrats.

If serious.... that is a pretty upper class first world problem. And also really cool, congrats.

Haha not serious in any way. I cant even afford to fix my 2001 buick lesabre my grandma gave me as a loaner before she passed. But yeah that would be quite an adventure if true.