IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Can you order something online?

yeah, but I'd have to pay shipping, and wait for like 2 days, as opposed to a 5 min walk to the nearest store which is what it should take gosh dangit

another FWP: it appears nowadays Escalating™ within my age demographic is done mainly via instagram and whatnot, which I dont even have, which adds another disadvantage to the disadvantage pile you can expect from the average watmmer

Edited by span

finding a decent hot sauce other than Tabasco is near impossible here. Most people get them off small stores owned by south americans or mexicans but we dont have that in my town, only asians

do they not have Sriracha? 

finding a decent hot sauce other than Tabasco is near impossible here. Most people get them off small stores owned by south americans or mexicans but we dont have that in my town, only asians

nope, not even that

nope, not even that

move

nope, not even that

move

For realz. What kind of asians run a grocery with no hot sauce? Every Asian country I’ve ever been to has had hot sauce that will make you blind.

The Spanish are afraid of spicy food. Ate in a restaurant in Seville once, it was mexican food but without any of the ingredients, i.e. no chilli, lime juice, coriander, etc. weird. You'd think they'd be down with that shit after importing chillies to Europe first. I wouldn't even class Tabasco as a hot sauce, it just tastes of vinegar, and isn't at all hot.

The Spanish are afraid of spicy food. Ate in a restaurant in Seville once, it was mexican food but without any of the ingredients, i.e. no chilli, lime juice, coriander, etc. weird. You'd think they'd be down with that shit after importing chillies to Europe first. I wouldn't even class Tabasco as a hot sauce, it just tastes of vinegar, and isn't at all hot.

yeah I dont know whats with this country and complete lack of spicy anything

I find that so strange, I immediately associate Spain with foods like paella, various seafood, chorizo and other cured meats etc. Those dishes are perfect for a bit of spice and heat.

=/

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

put a bunch of new stuff on the ipod last night.. go to play it today and it just skips right through every playlist then freezes so i have to reboot it but can't listen to any of the new stuff because it'll do the same thing so i have to just listen to already listened to a million times playlists again. 

oh, i keep wanting to go to the bench outside kurt cobain's house where he killed himself.. the one that's made into a sort of memorial where people leave notes and stuff.. but i want to write a big note in block letters that says "Get well soon, Kurt" but i feel like an asshole just posting that here but at the same time i think it'd be edgelord funny but not really.. just asshole like. 

i think "get well soon" on any dead celebrity picture has meme potential but it's the only potential i have going these days and isn't good. 

I wouldn't even class Tabasco as a hot sauce, it just tastes of vinegar, and isn't at all hot.

Tabasco is such shit and Frank's isn't much better. It's a real disservice to the rich world of American hot sauce that the rest of the world can only think of those in that category. I recommend Crystal if you can find it. It's at any grocery store here. One of my friends won't even buy grocery store hot sauce, he just makes his own.

Similarly, that funky Vietnamese chili garlic flake oil with the unidentifiable blobs of protein slays sriracha any day of the week.

The cleft inner top part of my ear right behind my temple smells like cheese whenever I scratch it

don't scratch it then. (thanks dad)  unless you like the smell of cheese. 

oh, i keep wanting to go to the bench outside kurt cobain's house where he killed himself.. the one that's made into a sort of memorial where people leave notes and stuff.. but i want to write a big note in block letters that says "Get well soon, Kurt" but i feel like an asshole just posting that here but at the same time i think it'd be edgelord funny but not really.. just asshole like. 

i think "get well soon" on any dead celebrity picture has meme potential but it's the only potential i have going these days and isn't good. 

lol

I have a dilemnonnmna

I have a very good chance of securing a position at a large, international corporation that would be giving me a raise of about 10%, but it would be back in production (vs HSE which I'm in now). 45k employees at this company, IE long term opportunities for advancement etc. They really want to move me through the hiring process quickly.

I also have a very good chance of  being promoted at my current company right at the new year, which would give me a raise of 16.5%, but it's not a sure thing. My current company has close to 100% job security. Decision lies with board of directors. 166 employees, small company, next advancement probably 5 years down the road maybe 7.

Problem is, if I wait too long I miss out on offer from new company, and advancement at current company not 100%, so if I make the wrong choice I could be missing out big time.

What do?

Get dronk?

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I have a dilemnonnmna

I have a very good chance of securing a position at a large, international corporation that would be giving me a raise of about 10%, but it would be back in production (vs HSE which I'm in now). 45k employees at this company, IE long term opportunities for advancement etc. They really want to move me through the hiring process quickly.

I also have a very good chance of being promoted at my current company right at the new year, which would give me a raise of 16.5%, but it's not a sure thing. My current company has close to 100% job security. Decision lies with board of directors. 166 employees, small company, next advancement probably 5 years down the road maybe 7.

Problem is, if I wait too long I miss out on offer from new company, and advancement at current company not 100%, so if I make the wrong choice I could be missing out big time.

What do?

Get dronk?

Go for new company? Sounds like $ is still good and work would be more satisfying. Fact is you don’t know where it’ll take you, meaning in a couple years you could be making well more than what you’re making in current company, plus have more opportunities within the new company.

I have a dilemnonnmna

I also have a very good chance of  being promoted at my current company right at the new year, which would give me a raise of 16.5%, but it's not a sure thing. My current company has close to 100% job security. Decision lies with board of directors. 166 employees, small company, next advancement probably 5 years down the road maybe 7.

What do?

Get dronk?

Is talking to the relevant people at your current position about your hopes/concerns help at all? That'd be my first suggestion if it's possible, and obviously if you like the company and would be interested in staying long term.

Other than that, do a pros/cons list, including potential/expected earnings over 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, and discuss further long term goals/plans with the lady/whoever. Then when you're sick of doing all that, sleep on it a day or two. :)