IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

i cook rice the same way as pasta, boil water, add rice, stir gently once so it doesnt stick, but no more than once so it doesnt disturb the starch, taste after 10-11 minutes, strain. turns out fine every time. 

alternatively just throw it in a stew for 15 minutes at the end. 

never soaked the rice. I put two cups of water, two cups of dried rice. Put down the little toaster lever. Sometimes I chuck broccoli on top half way and let it steam. Lever pops up like a toaster and that shit is done, son.

I've never steamed broccoli on top with it but that's a good idea. I always do one extra cup of water over the amount of rice though...2 cups rice, 3 cups water. 

But seriously Zephyr rice is fucking easy especially if you have a rice cooker. It's still easy if not, and as everyone else has said: ignore the bag, never soak rice before hand, useless. Go on YouTube if you must. Rice is a staple and honestly I've been doing it since I was like 6. I'm pretty sure you can handle it my dude.

I still use my 9-year-old Zojirushi rice cooker every now and then. If it's white rice though, I always wash it first until the cloudiness is (mostly) gone from the water.

The trick I've learned for the water amount is the fingernail test - gently submerge your fingertip whilst touching the rice. And if the water level is either at or very slightly below the base of your fingernail, you're good to go.

Getting the right water amount is probably the trickiest part with a rice cooker. But once you have that mastered, the rest is child's play.

i have to go to the doctor, i'm pissing like crazy the last day or so, like ALLLL the time.

and no i didn't drink too much liquids, erggHlol.

It wasn't beetus was it yek? Hope not

naw, i don't got beetus. i think it was a one time deal.

gently submerge your fingertip whilst touching the rice. And if the water level is either at or very slightly below the base of your fingernail, you're good to go.

1hag7e.jpg

Wow, thanks for all the rice tips guys.  My friend just gave me a rice cooker after she heard of my debacle.  So next time I'll ignore the instructions, go with the tips given hear and see how it works out.  Incidentally, the rice did turn out more or less perfect, but the ridiculous hour long process of getting it there was hardly worth it.  It's just god damn rice ffs. 

Right headphone piece was rattling on bass so I needed to remove some hairs from the cup's wave-forming membrane. Naturally didn't bother to take it apart and decided to fish around through the tri-grill; got a couple out easily enough but one needed a cotton bud to drag out. Of course I accidentally deformed the membrane on one side, thought to squidge it on the ridge to make it pop out, which then deformed it downwards even more. Right side's sound is now dulled somewhat; hopefully I can mentally adjust and it doesn't give me a headache over time.

Additionally in removing the earpad it disintegrated apart so I have to buy a new one. Ordered a £16 pleather replacement as it's meant to deepen the bass over the stock velour (official Sennheiser replacements are £37 lol); probably make me sweat like a beast but we'll see.

What I dug through:
w6uep.jpg
What I should have done:
1593987.jpg

My work uses a food delivery service two days out of the week. Mine didn't come yesterday even though it was confirmed. Lots of trepidation for today's lunch.

Oh yeah that headphone thing reminds me - clients have stepped on my Audio Technica headphone jack, bending it on 3 occasions.  Praise baby Jesus they come with several backup cables... I think all but one have a bent jack now though.  

lol @ rice fuckups. For real drop $100-200 on a decent rice maker and get perfect rice for decades. No prep involved besides rinse and getting the water level right (admittedly there is a bit of an art to it). Many of those rice makers can do dual duty as bread makers and general steamers too. And you're missing out if you never try dropping in a little garlic, butter, and parsley to keep the rice company. 

I was given one for free as a direct result of all my rice whining.  I still have a lot of this rice left, so I will likely give it a try in the next couple weeks.  

i saw a video on youtube a few years ago and it showed how you can cook all your meals with a rice cooker, add eggs, beans shit like that. can't find it but you got the idea. meals on the cheap

I hate when strangers either ask me for money or my phone. For some reason though they've all been female, over the past year or so.

That`s that wage gap, women are getting poorer. Soon the begging will stop and they will turn to violent crime , enjoy your safe streets while you can, it`s coming to an end.

Why is it that people on Instagram post photos of shit and then highlights a random part of it with a red circle? For instance, here's a photo of a pretty lady... oh, and what's that? A circle around the back of her knee? And then you zoom in and there's NOTHING to see? What is this? Clickbait? Am I getting old?

Also, this cheese I just bought is dry.

I hate when strangers either ask me for money or my phone. For some reason though they've all been female, over the past year or so.

That`s that wage gap, women are getting poorer. Soon the begging will stop and they will turn to violent crime , enjoy your safe streets while you can, it`s coming to an end.

Yeah because current fascist trends will eventually be counteracted by anarchy and all that crap.

On a more serious note, realistically women won't resort to violence unless you go out of your way to wrong them.

808State-OutpostTransmission-JP-CD-Stick

A Guy Called Gerald was part of 808 State. Also, they were arguably responsible for one of the best dance pieces ever conceived IMO:

made a dark meme-like post on FB about having to talk to health insurance provider about details of explanation of benefits etc and how it would be easier to just die...

my mom called me crying. :cisfor:

lol