IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Someone wants a band bio.  I hate band bios.  I hate them when I write them, and I hate them when anyone else writes them.  They always sound dumb.  If Kurt Vonnegut wrote a band bio, it would probably be as cringeworthy as all the rest.  There's just no way to write a good band bio goddamnit.  Nevertheless, that is the assignment tasked to me this morning once again.  (I have bios written for this project already, but I am horrified by all of them.)

my morning coffee tastes gross because all i have is almond milk

Ugh.

i kno rite

it's weird because oat milk & nut milks are all super refreshing on their own with ice, but become absolute hot garbage in coffee. luckily i now have some proper heavy cream

also describing my music (or other ppl's music that i'm really into) irl is borderline physically painful. like it always feels either like i'm giving it some bullshit superlative used car salesman spiel, or going completely in the opposite direction & making it sound as dull & generic as possible ("oh i work with synths mostly. kinda ambient, but with beats" like every millenial dude making tracks on a computer). The only time it's enjoyable is when i'm talking with another producer & we can jump right into technical shit, or if it's a cool person i know well & can just be like "uhh just check it out k, i make this shit because i'm not great at words". doing a bio for a band sounds like it would be even more painful because you're expected to come up with an exciting human interest story to go along with whatever flowery nonsense you had to cook up for the music itself

HEATWAVE

it's so hot i don't want to eat. like i went a day & a half just drinking mineral water & i still had to force myself to put food in my body, because doing so causes me to start sweating even harder. monday was apparently the hottest day on record in MTL. i dunno how the hasidic dudes are handling it, walking around with their full beards & black suit coats.

Ugh.

HEATWAVE

it's so hot i don't want to eat. like i went a day & a half just drinking mineral water & i still had to force myself to put food in my body, because doing so causes me to start sweating even harder. monday was apparently the hottest day on record in MTL. i dunno how the hasidic dudes are handling it, walking around with their full beards & black suit coats.

Yeah, I read 6 or 7 people have already died in mtrl from the heatwave? =(

I'm headed out for a wedding in SK Friday and the forecast is 40 with humidex.  Not sure I've ever seen temps like this in Canada. 

My right big toe is aching from hiking up to a mountain peak this morning and back down. Then I realized I hadn't trimmed the nail in a while, so it was pushing back into my toe on the way down. Don't know why I didn't think to trim my toenails beforehand.

Ugh.

luckily i now have some proper heavy cream also describing my music 

This was how I read that section initially, and I thought "huh, that's not bad."  Anyway, next time someone asks about the kind of music you make, just be like "my music is some proper heavy cream."  Though some may interpret that as Sunshine of Your Love with metal guitars.

The online dating is going well

qGfRYaz.png

:^)

lol, I have to know as I've been privy to some of your dating stories - what prompted those comments from her?

Nothing, first message was the first message this person has sent me

well, my profile I guess....

lol share dating profile on discord l8r. ;o

I have to see what could possibly prompt a complete stranger to type something so cuntish out.

Once again my own self loathing and fear of judgement keeps me from having a good time socially and getting to know good people.

I’m sorry to be an absolute downer of a cunt, but please think twice before sharing potentially personal information.

I did set up an OKC profile about 4 years ago, using a plate of half eaten ginger beef as my profile pic.  I wonder if I ever got any matches?  Fucked if I can remember my username... damn I'm kind of curious now.  What if I missed out on the love of my life?

I have two actual FWPs

I've had the hook for "Mask Off" stuck in my head for about a week.

My eggs were slightly overcooked this morning.

HEATWAVE

Yeah, I read 6 or 7 people have already died in mtrl from the heatwave? =(

I'm headed out for a wedding in SK Friday and the forecast is 40 with humidex.  Not sure I've ever seen temps like this in Canada. 

Brutal - apparently it's over 20 dead from the heat now. What the hell?

edit: up to 33 now.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj