IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

for a long time the hottest day i could remember was a 35c august day back when i was a kid up in labrador, which was noteworthy in part because of how cold it was at night + how far north we were + the fact that there was snow visible in some nearby hills that you could hike up in a couple of hours

but i'm pretty sure the heatwave last week beat it easily.

and after a couple days of cooler temperatures it seems to be creeping back up! 29 today, going back up to 33 by next monday

algorithmic 'recomendations' are the most obnoxious thing ever.  google's attempt to foist articles on me is 99% clickbait about cryptocurrency or elon musk, despite me having zero interest in nor personally having searched for them.  The 'explore' area of instagram is like, hey, youre a dude, you must want pics of girls butts on the beach in cancun.  And their 'no thanks' button does nothing, still a never ending stream of butts on the beach in cancun.  Even youtube which tries to act all cool is like, "hey bro, you probably havent heard of this one, Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works 85-92" x1000 times

Edited by Marked x 0ne

Even youtube which tries to act all cool is like, "hey bro, you probably havent heard of this one, Aphex Twin's Selected Ambient Works 85-92" x1000 times

yeah i've definitely noticed this with youtube. it always feels like it's suggesting things i was heavily into at some nebulous point in the past (be it six years ago or six days ago), but never what's actually feeling fresh & exciting & new to me in the moment

in a way it's a good thing because any time i open youtube i'm just like "oh, this is all extremely familiar", and that feeling of boredom is one of the few truly effective ways to knock a person immediately from the passive media consumption headspace to the active novelty creation headspace

amber: just drink the tap water - you don't live in Michigan do you? also what Bulk said: surely not legal for your place of work to not have drinkable water?

We have running potable water for the restrooms, but I don't drink it because of the strong pipe taste. Pretty sure our building was constructed in the 1940s. From what I understand, workplaces are legally obligated to provide clean, running potable water, but not necessarily bottled water or cooled dispensers. At least in the US.

I just bought a Brita water pitcher with a built-in filtration system, but looks like I already cracked the front of it from transporting it home in the trunk of my car (oops). I managed to mend it with duct tape, and the filtered tap water tastes like most bottled water I've had. So it still works.

Am headed to LA and then Bakersfield for work in a week, and the forecast is 40c pretty much every day I'm down there.

I'm going to die

The Central Valley in CA is hot as fuck.

Last summer, San Francisco broke its record for hottest day at 106F (41.111C). I had to work outside in the shade since the house was too hot. It was still in the 90s around midnight.

Most homes in SF don't have air conditioners because it's generally a cool climate.

oof, 41 degrees!

I'm looking forward to the trip as I've never been to California but at the same time dreading the uncomfortable sweaty mess I'll be. Unfortunately I won't have time to get out for any fun (+ I'm in Bakersfield for most of it), not that I could do much in 40 degree weather.

seriously though they need to start selling water in some other form than plastic bottles. i drink 2-3 litres a day, sometimes tap water, but often i need it out and about, and there is no other way to buy a litre of water than in a plastic bottle. 

Would be cool to make some kind of standard reusable water container that's both nice-looking and expensive enough that you don't want to throw it away, but cheap enough that it's not prohibitive to just buy it if you're out and about. Then have a program for buying back the containers to fill with water. Also places could refill the containers, maybe with some lush spring water or some swank cucumber water or something, so you could get your money back if you have extras. There's a dairy farm in my area that does this with their glass bottles - your first bottle is like $7 but they'll buy back the container for $4 or something so the milk ends up being a pretty good deal for the quality. 

I just logged into my friend's email account, which immediately prompts an email regarding "suspicious activity on (her) account".  So all I, as an email hacking intruder, have to do is respond to the email verifying that I am the person they're trying to protect.  Ha!  

(I'm using it at her request while she's in the wilderness for a week.)

in a way it's a good thing because any time i open youtube i'm just like "oh, this is all extremely familiar", and that feeling of boredom is one of the few truly effective ways to knock a person immediately from the passive media consumption headspace to the active novelty creation headspace

agree on this, and in a way I want to reject algorithms getting 'better' at what they do because theyll become invisible to more of the public.

if sun ra were still here hed probably be writing some sick jams about passive media consumption being an insidious mothafucka

Edited by Marked x 0ne

have a wedding in august, september, november, march and holidays in between. yay!

all these things require an expensive cross country flight and finding someone to watch my dog or boarding my dog. 

I feel guilty I don't use Amazon as much as my GF and family.

have a wedding in august, september, november, march and holidays in between. yay!

all these things require an expensive cross country flight and finding someone to watch my dog or boarding my dog. 

I can watch your dog...  :emotawesomepm9:

I feel guilty I don't use Amazon as much as my GF and family.

I can watch your dog...  :emotawesomepm9:

i think he thinks about tiny murder a lot

32072866_10213468714606293_1174163837327

The rear tire on my bike won't hold more than 60 psi, so I went to take it off and inspect the inner tube, but the tire lever snapped and I can't find my spare set :catrage:

Also, the lunch that my company provides came with chicken in it instead of the vegetarian option. That means I have to contact them to get a refund for the office manager, go get a lunch, and then expense it. Which then requires I save a receipt, scan it, email it to myself, then print a form, sign it, scan it, email it to myself and then email it to accounting. Goddamnit.

I just know I'm going to eat crisps tonight and I'm trying to lose weight. WHY DID I EVEN BUY THE CRISPS?

Give them to a homeless person so they can sell them for drugs
I could swap the crisps for drink then try and swap the drink with the homeless for drugs. Whether they agree or not I win.

I didn't eat the crisps

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

I'm with that feeling of being in the zone ya know, ripe to make some awesome choons.. but I'm not at home with my synths :(

I guess I could try to dream up something in nanoloop but I feel unmotivated thinking of my babes at home and what wonders I could create if I had em..

finally getting around to contacting all the people you know who you haven't talked to in months because you've been feeling introverted, and when they ask what you've been up to you mention you just put an album out, and now it seems like you only got in touch to do grassroots self-promotion

this happens more often than not bcuz "desire to publicly release my work" and "desire to resume having an active social life" seem to fall at pretty much the same point in my cycles of withdrawing from // connecting to the world.

shaggy is a businessman

holding a stack of bread in his hand

but he might just trade you

for a kiss on the cheek

psych

shaggy just played you