IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Yeah, figuring out what's best for bass levels in mixes is always the greatest challenge since systems vary so much.  But if there is a wide degree of variance in your systems that's useful - if you can get a mix to sound good in all of them, it's a hella solid mix.

im sure there are plenty of people who the Catholics have left a bad taste in their mouth

:duckhunt:

Yeah, figuring out what's best for bass levels in mixes is always the greatest challenge since systems vary so much.  But if there is a wide degree of variance in your systems that's useful - if you can get a mix to sound good in all of them, it's a hella solid mix.

Re: monitoring ... how does other music u listen to change on all of those setups ?

Yeah, that's the funny thing. Autechre bass, for example, always sounds balanced across all of those setups, whereas I'll have tracks that simultaneously sound weak on one set, and overpowered on another

I can't believe I'm still  DRIVER IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL "blue-screen of death"-ing in 2018.

Can't even open my Reaper projects now. Was right in the middle of working on something good.

Might be time for a Mac.

edit: At least I can open my current project with FX offline/ Recovery mode, which is a start.

edit2: foookin' aether reverb that filthy slut.

Edited by eczem

I just found out the word "complacent" means something quite different from what I thought, but not in a way that would be noticeable to anyone had I used it in conversation.  Now I'm wondering what other words I've been using/interpreting inaccurately for most of my life.

I. Fucking. Hate. Adobe. Creative. Cloud.

Been wanting photoshop for a little while now (just for my own tinkering, not work), but can't bring myself to do it.

Max was my first and only SaaSub. $50 per year with the student license, vs $20+ per month for Adobe. 

I. Fucking. Hate. Adobe. Creative. Cloud.

Been wanting photoshop for a little while now (just for my own tinkering, not work), but can't bring myself to do it.

Max was my first and only SaaSub. $50 per year with the student license, vs $20+ per month for Adobe.

First of all, you can only use license on two computers. I use Audition on three computers so I’m constantly forced to log in and out.

Another thing, it’s a CLOUD based system but it doesn’t save ANY of your presets, batch processes, or settings in the cloud. So every now and then when I update I have to go preferences, Adobe, Audition, and then make a backup of Audition’s settings, because so far I’ve lost all my presets 3 times during updates. Today Audition 11 stopped working so I had to update. Luckily, nothing got deleted.

I just found out the word "complacent" means something quite different from what I thought, but not in a way that would be noticeable to anyone had I used it in conversation.  Now I'm wondering what other words I've been using/interpreting inaccurately for most of my life.

Out of genuine curiosity; what was your previous definition of "complacent"?

I thought it meant to be content enough with one's own life and apathetic towards the struggle of others because of it.  It's close enough to the actual meaning that no one would ever know I had it wrong (including myself if I didn't go looking for synonyms).

Interesting. When you think about how words can mean slightly different things to people and have different associated feelings language can be quite a scary thing. Thinking about how many words I've maybe got the meaning slightly wrong of freaks me out.

Exactly.  There are so many words I use and hear that I would have looked up when I was much younger, at a time when I was more likely to not understand the definition.  But those misinterpretations are still the ones imprinted on my memory.  So unless my version is wildly far off from the right one, I'll never know I have it wrong.

what if words were just how thought they meant not what are so when there is too?

and what if like what i think is red is what you actually see as green? like, we could never really know could we? like whoa

:duckhunt:

what if words were just how thought they meant not what are so when there is too?

and what if like what i think is red is what you actually see as green? like, we could never really know could we? like whoa

you forgot 

love & light

(srry diatoms)

I buy stupid things because I get into haggling. When I've haggled the price to something like 1/2-1/4 of the asking price I feel too embarrassed to back out anymore and have to buy the thing.

Now I have a custom made colorful African shirt I got for 40% of the asking price.. I don't know what I'm gonna do with it.