IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

i'm really confused to find myself in 2018. like, wtf happened and how did i get here? i guess it's been same shit different day for so long the previous years of my life have blurred together. like 2012, i can do that but 2018? really... maybe i was in 2012 and i was abducted by some greys and they stuck me here right now, that seems like the most likely scenario.

Been feeling that way too and ready for some change in life. Trying to focus on what really matters now, like making tracks that a few of you on here will listen to.

i'm really confused to find myself in 2018. like, wtf happened and how did i get here? i guess it's been same shit different day for so long the previous years of my life have blurred together. like 2012, i can do that but 2018? really... maybe i was in 2012 and i was abducted by some greys and they stuck me here right now, that seems like the most likely scenario.

My life has become pretty strange in the past 6 years so I've started to keep a diary. Well, it originally started as a travel diary but since I was traveling so frequently and I realized that I was missing some things I would have liked to remember, I decided to document the time in between the trips also. Now I can see how my behavior, thinking and personality is slowly changing over time if I jump to something I wrote a few years ago.

But that only kind of gives me the close up view, can't see the forest for the trees. So, I started occasionally doing this kind of analysis where I compress long periods of time into a few sentences to see deeper underlying patterns (or if there's any).

First thing I've realized is that I change my mode of living, like where I'm living, what's my job/school, am I living with somebody, who I am dating, every 2-4 years with about 6-12 months transitional period of uncertainty in between when my life is reorganizing itself. Not EVERYTHING changes but always many of the major things so that life becomes essentially different. I can pretty much divide my whole life in this manner.

Now to just figure out why this happens and is it ok..

The microphone in my cell phone stopped working. As far as I know, for no reason. Everything else, fine. Didn't drop it to cause this, seems to be a random hardware failure. Have a protection plan for cheap so I'm getting a new (well, a refurbished one) with no real fuss, a few days of inconvenience I guess? This is SFWPs after all.

Talking about phones. I got a new one from the Doha airport (Nokia 5.1 for 140€, whee) to replace my old phone that is falling apart. And the new one is of course nano-SIM. The SIM I have is a micro-SIM. If I was in Finland this wouldn't be a problem because I could just go to the store and get a replacement SIM, but I'm in Istanbul..

So, now I'm trying to manage with two phones. The old one with my Finnish SIM and the new one with a Turkish SIM. I think I'll be back to Finland by Christmas and I can hopefully get the nano-SIM then.

Feeling pretty damn tired after getting about 9 of hours of sleep the past 4 days. Could get a full night tonight but there's at least 6 more eps I want to listen to. And there's some nice beers in the fridge. Fuck (it (hard) (real hard))).

I'm like 90% sure I'm gonna be given an offer for a new job at a meeting I have scheduled tomorrow, I hope I'm right, because I've already started mentally checking out of my current job... 

Packing all my vinyl for the big move next weekend. I had 2 steinvord EP's, but over the last few years I've just had one empty sleeve and could only find one record.

So I checked all other sleeves while packing thinking maybe I drunkenly put one of the EPs in a diff sleeve. 

No luck... still 1 steinvord vinyl but 2 sleeves. 

Which one of u knicked one of the vinyl ?   :cisfor:

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I know! Lol that was actually why I was looking for it. We move next Friday so, I figured I'd see if I could post it to you before then.

I seriously have no friggin' clue what could have happened to it. Noone allowed in my house that would steal it... if it's not in another sleeve then maybe it's swimming with the OPNs or something? 

I'll take another look through each sleeve when we unpack it, maybe I just missed it.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

@stick, That really sucks man, I wish you the best of luck. I've had to do some work related things interfacing with public in retail, while having some near unbearable physical ailments, so I can relate.

First day back at work. California is on fire. My lungs are filled with smoke. And I want to throw my laptop in the trash because I hate my job.

Had to turn down a prospective recording client after reading about their violent criminal past... yikes.  

Sheesh. Probably best to not get involved. Difficult situation.

Started getting chest pains earlier today due to a very stressful project. Awesome!

Take'er easy, bud. Don't overexert yourself. I know it's hard, but if you're starting to get chest pains, that's a serious issue. 

Edited by Braintree