IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

I think it's beautiful in the winter. 

I like how quiet and dead it is outside after a really fresh, big snowfall (like a nice foot of snow), when it's -30 or whatever. 

Seems weird probably. 

That does sound nice.  I wish Victoria had crazy cold/snowy winters like that.  Everything here is so mild.  Even on our coldest day you could still where wear shorts reasonably comfortably.

I will trade you. Every winter in NB we get blasted with blizzards. I've lived here most of my life and I'm fed up. 

I like how quiet and dead it is outside after a really fresh, big snowfall (like a nice foot of snow), when it's -30 or whatever. 

Seems weird probably. 

You're in Alberta IIRC? I've been told your winters are a lot more manageable compared to maritime winters, but I don't know how true that is. We have slushy cold wet storms that make travel of any kind a nightmare. Power outages galore as well. I'm DONE! I want OUT!  :trashbear:

Seems weird probably. 

You're in Alberta IIRC? I've been told your winters are a lot more manageable compared to maritime winters, but I don't know how true that is. We have slushy cold wet storms that make travel of any kind a nightmare. Power outages galore as well. I'm DONE! I want OUT!  :trashbear:

Yessir, Calgary!

I figure you're right tbh. We sometimes have a few weeks in a row of -30 or lower, and we can definitely get a good snowstorm but it's usually dry snow, not the brutal slushy stuff you get. 

That said, we also get chinook winds where it's really warm for x amt of days. It can be a double edged sword though, it can melt everything and then freeze the next day so the whole city is a skating rink.

lol

Anything over 26 degrees I start to get uncomfortable. I run warm in general so warm weather I'm just a fat sweaty mess.

And you can dress for the cold but only strip down so much before you get arrested heh.

depends on the type of people as well, though. the UAE has 40+ days much of the year and people there don't act out, because it's still a conservative society and the state is repressive.

That does sound nice. I wish Victoria had crazy cold/snowy winters like that. Everything here is so mild. Even on our coldest day you could still where wear shorts reasonably comfortably.

Not necessarily. We have some wet cold in winter that can chill you to the bone since we are close to the water

depends on the type of people as well, though. the UAE has 40+ days much of the year and people there don't act out, because it's still a conservative society and the state is repressive.

Yeah, evolutionary adaption, too. brown skin etc. Australians are all British delinquents, no sun protection. Don't wanna make this about race but brown people just deal with the sun better. Australians should reproduce with Africans more, My opinion

That does sound nice. I wish Victoria had crazy cold/snowy winters like that. Everything here is so mild. Even on our coldest day you could still where wear shorts reasonably comfortably.

Not necessarily. We have some wet cold in winter that can chill you to the bone since we are close to the water

It can be somewhat unpleasant, but we never have those crazy winters where half our elderly population freezes to death.  That's what it's like where Vsnares lives.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I had a job interview last week that went well for the first 3/4 then kinda shitty in the last 1/4. In a way I’m sort of relieved I didn’t get the job. I think in the long run I need a different type of job in the same industry and probably should have put my energy towards that in the past year or so. They seemed to think I did things that weren’t actually on my resume because they misunderstood, and then judged me for not knowing enough. Blech.

It can be somewhat unpleasant, but we never have those crazy winters where half our elderly population freezes to death. That's what it's like where Vsnares lives.

Word.

edit:  :music:

Edited by yek

i've been writing a bit of music with a friend where he comes up with guitar and bass lines and i'm working on the other stuff and i talked to him tonight about doing it more and i guess really the ball is in my court to really work with what i have, it's not that i'm depressed but just majorly uninspired and i guess i have to kick my ass to do this and also wtf this a great run-on sentence.

Edited by yek

Ate way too much food for thanksgiving (my mom's cooking is too damn good), whatever's brewing in my stomach is gonna be bad tomorrow morning though cause I've got some nasty farts tonight...

i've been writing a bit of music with a friend where he comes up with guitar and bass lines and i'm working on the other stuff and i talked to him tonight about doing it more and i guess really the ball is in my court to really work with what i have, it's not that i'm depressed but just majorly uninspired and i guess i have to kick my ass to do this and also wtf this a great run-on sentence.

Discipline > Inspiration

Even when you're not inspired, force yourself to do *something*.

That way when you are inspired, you have some material to work with.

I bought an Xbox One X for no apparent reason other than playing my OG Xbox and Xbox 360 games. Thanks Black Friday!

Edited by Gocab

Discipline > Inspiration

Even when you're not inspired, force yourself to do *something*.

That way when you are inspired, you have some material to work with.

Absolutely.  Those bits I force myself to do out of boredom usually end up becoming greater inspiration than "a burst of inspiration" does.  I find the process leads to inspiration rather than the other way around.

I bought an Xbox One X for no apparent reason other that playing my OG Xbox and Xbox 360 games. Thanks Black Friday!

i got a code for a 14 day trial for something called 'xbox game pass' which i think i have no access to, considering i only have a pc and a 360. if you want it its urs bb