IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Yeah, that sounds like a nightmare. Freaks me out when people talk in their sleep even. Saw a housemate of mine walking around naked while miaowing and doing really weird things with his legs and arms. Turns out it was ketamine rather than sleepwalking though so it wasn't as terrifying in hindsight. Made sure to lock my doors at night after that incident though.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ignatius said:

once she acted out some dream and peed in the top drawer of our dresser while reciting human anatomy in a child-like voice.

16 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

That sounds absolutely terrifying 

Yeah that's straight up Lynchian yo

• Farnsworth 2

I suffer from "sleepwalking", never did anything weird though to be fair. I just get up and talk to myself, usually nonsense, and then go back to sleep. 

My FWP is that the plant I thought I was doing such a great job with, actually has badly rotting roots which means it won't last long. ?

36 minutes ago, MadameChaos said:

I suffer from "sleepwalking", never did anything weird though to be fair. I just get up and talk to myself, usually nonsense, and then go back to sleep. 

My FWP is that the plant I thought I was doing such a great job with, actually has badly rotting roots which means it won't last long. ?

you should try hydroculture plants. rotting roots is inevitable with normal plants in a pot. it's practically impossible to not have that happening. i'd f-ing around with plants on soil for years and it's just a constant pain in the ass to keep them alive and well. with hydroculture there's no worries. plants always look ridiculously good (to the point they look kind of plastic) and you can see when the water-level is too low and they need a refill.  :)

1 hour ago, goDel said:

you should try hydroculture plants. rotting roots is inevitable with normal plants in a pot. it's practically impossible to not have that happening. i'd f-ing around with plants on soil for years and it's just a constant pain in the ass to keep them alive and well. with hydroculture there's no worries. plants always look ridiculously good (to the point they look kind of plastic) and you can see when the water-level is too low and they need a refill.  ?

I've looked into it further, and having an opaque pot is a no no. Orchids need to be in glass vases so any water doesn't lie at the bottom of the pot. I'll try again.

I just found out that my computer isn't working because the hard drive I bought isn't compatible with dell. More $$$

Also my stereo receiver broke down

And my jobs been shifted around because we lost a contract.

Life is giving me a big FUCK YOU right now.

Caught a cold a couple weeks ago and it's just lingering. I'm constantly bouncing between feeling like trash and about to be at 100% again.

I was assigned a work phone today, I'm known for being notoriously bad at keeping my personal phone charged, and now I have 2 phones to keep charged...

Edited by ghOsty

Last month I've bought two secondhand Amiga monitors which both broke in a few minutes. One has issues with the on/off button, the other ones image won't stabilize, fml.

Why is it so tricky to play your phone games on pc? They should make it a thing.

I mean reading about it you can but

BUT, if they are trying to merge both mediums why not.

i need to clean the bathroom but the dog is sound asleep in there and i don't want to wake him.

i'm procrastinating lot's of stuff by inventing other stuff to do like replace the broken keys on my DX11 and put a new OLED display in there. both of which i've ordered from UK ebay dudes and shipping will take a while so my DX11 is in many pieces on a table in the basement. 

i still have too many music making environments that i enjoy but am not good enough at yet but am on the too tired due to lack of sleep + fatigue issues to deep dive into anything other than playoff hockey and internet 

job complaints. natch. 

summer is coming. it's going to be a long one and weird i'm sure because it's already getting weird out there even by portland standards. last years gutter punk transient kids seem to have never left from last year's gutter punk season and now they're like a million pig pens floating around town en masse. i think perhaps there will be tensions between them and the permanently homeless alcoholic meth/IV drug users who have bike chop shops etc.  portland is turning into a weird ass thunderdome but sadly there's no payperview or reality channel making the most of it 

Dealing with an awful hangover, introduced by a purging morning sickness. My body wants to eat a cow, but I'm unable to put more than a single bite in my mouth. This is the price I'm paying for going to the club yesterday, first time after 5-6 years and completely disregarding my low drinking fitness. I guzzled 7 beers and two shots of schanps, followed by at least two more drinks (I don't really remember) at the club. But I guess it was all worth it because it was DJ Stingray playing and it was a blast. An easy friday afternoon grabbing a beer with a friend (I had no idea what was coming) after work turned clubbing night out and a drunk sentimental taxi drive home because I've ran into someone at a burek stand at 3 am I hadn't seen in years and had no idea I still have all this love for, and she was as cold as an arctic blizzard. My friend thinks I'm being unreasonably adolescent about it, but what can a man do when an eye contact caught amidst the crowd suddenly struck me like lightning and left me a drunk sorry-ass willow..i'm better now, thanks for asking, and yeah, I'm writing this on watmm, because I'm like a teenage emo boy now

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

^^ lol "teenager emo boy now"

i'm one nad one when it comes to drinks these days. fuck. i can't stand the hangover and sleep deprivation it causes me. 

i'm glad you had fun... even if the price is high. 

Thanks man, I appreciate

yeah I guess the angst never really left me, maybe that's why she said I haven't changed lol

god, she's this ultra-sharp urban queen even at 3 am, and I'm a duck with a buckshot in my tail feathers.

So I updated my résumé on Indeed and added C/C++ as a skill, as I've programmed some things with them, and now I get daily "invitations" to apply to jobs that I am not at all qualified for.

On 5/29/2019 at 2:36 PM, Braintree said:

Caught a cold a couple weeks ago and it's just lingering. I'm constantly bouncing between feeling like trash and about to be at 100% again.

Later that night I had a fever and a horrible sore throat. Just now feeling well enough to sit upright in a chair.

still can't find that game... :catrage:

stupid google app store doesn't have the option for you to look for ALL the games... only lists like recommended for you, new games, games like, etc... i'm tired of the future, things have gone way different than what i imagined...

Edited by Tim_J

I caught a mouse in a trap last night that's probably been snooping around my apartment for a couple of months now. But it didn't go as intended. The poor little bastard was still alive but paralyzed, as the kill bar had crushed its lower spine.

So I took it outside and released it, but it could only move its front legs, as it was crawling around and shaking. I offered a slab of peanut butter out of immense guilt, but it just crawled past it. I was surprised it didn't just crawl off the balcony.

I haven't seen it since last night, but I'm never using those traditional flip traps again. Not with the risk of inflicting that kind of suffering.

• Sad 3

Gddamn man, poor fucker suffered more than necessary by leaps and bounds. Should’ve just crushed his head.

edit: ummmmm SFWP ummmm: I started a new job I’m probably gonna be good at but can’t shake the feeling like I should get back into something else i was doing a bit back. Also considering buying lotto tickets regularly because of how miserable life is re: money, even tho I know lotto tickets are just throwing away cash (I haven’t yet)

Edited by auxien

1 hour ago, ambergonk said:

I caught a mouse in a trap last night that's probably been snooping around my apartment for a couple of months now. But it didn't go as intended. The poor little bastard was still alive but paralyzed, as the kill bar had crushed its lower spine.

So I took it outside and released it, but it could only move its front legs, as it was crawling around and shaking. I offered a slab of peanut butter out of immense guilt, but it just crawled past it. I was surprised it didn't just crawl off the balcony.

I haven't seen it since last night, but I'm never using those traditional flip traps again. Not with the risk of inflicting that kind of suffering.

The worst traps are the sticky one. Supposedly mice try to chew off their feet to escape from them. :sad:

Edited by yekker
  • Sad 2