IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

13 minutes ago, cwmbrancity said:

May Withnail be with you.

There probably will be lots of dead fish pointing and threatening now you mention that. 

I am dealing with mass media permanently creating victims. As if people aren't responsible for themselves. Today: school grades are bad and discriminating for thousand reasons. 

I am writing from the world capital of morals. From highest heights of moral highgrounds. Germany. 

Hahhh dear oh dear

Since coming off the beer and going on the spirits and wine (though drinking the same volume) (flol) 

Well I've become a bit of a dandy wine expert, also I seem to of become a dedicated follower of the gin and tonic fashion, life nowadays is such a gay hoot!

So today the badger appeared out of his burrow, rolled around in the dirt for a while with my mates, scratched my belly, arse crack, gooch and nutsack. Gave the old claws a good deep sniff. Savoured the beastly flavour. 

Anyway back in the real world I thought I'd make myself a homemade mojito, as on a works drink the other night I was laughed at because I buy mojito in a can from M&S, hahah what a gay hoot! Apparently all my work mates make their own and because I'm buying tins of it this was a jolly old mocking session. That's cool. 

So I went to my mums garden, picked fresh garden mint, bought the Bacardi, fresh limes, desert spoonful of sugar, and topped up with club soda (which I had to google, that's sparkling mineral water here in the shires of England) fucking hell it tasted like shit! So I just wacked in a load more Bacardi. Hence this wacked out post.

Will sleep well tonight

I'm at a McDonald's and a guy near me keeps sniffing.

I dunno if it's a tick or not

But

I WILL FUCKING UTDFRF447HG7FT3S5G7VF5F57HJIYGFTYHH7F5V7BI7BBU !!!

Edit: Ok he's talking to himself now

But no excuses!

Edited by yekker

Just got done making a batch of Japanese curry in the pressure cooker, but the carrots and potats are still hard. I think I forgot to push the "stew" button, that's why.

Otherwise the flavor is sublime.

This is most certainly the wrong thread for this. But need somewhere to vent..

There was an earthquake in Mexico City last night, it was small on the richter (~3.0) but with an epicenter reeeealy fucking close to me, in the center of the city.  For reference, the horrible earthquake here in september 2017 was 7.1 but a state (150km) away.

But this one last night scared the living shit out of me.  It felt like someone giving one super hard push to the building, and that's it.  Lasted 3 seconds max but you could see/feel the movement.  As a result, I hardly slept last night and had a horrible nightmare about dying in a building collapse.  Basically, it unlocked some traumas that i thought had healed somewhat, and have had pangs of existential dread through the day.

17 hours ago, plugexpert said:

gear without a standby or on/off switch ffs.

omg there's this one fucking mixer that gets rented out all the time by local venues that don't normally host performances.  You just have to yank the plug out and hope for the best every time.  

3 hours ago, markedone said:

This is most certainly the wrong thread for this. But need somewhere to vent..

There was an earthquake in Mexico City last night, it was small on the richter (~3.0) but with an epicenter reeeealy fucking close to me, in the center of the city.  For reference, the horrible earthquake here in september 2017 was 7.1 but a state (150km) away.

But this one last night scared the living shit out of me.  It felt like someone giving one super hard push to the building, and that's it.  Lasted 3 seconds max but you could see/feel the movement.  As a result, I hardly slept last night and had a horrible nightmare about dying in a building collapse.  Basically, it unlocked some traumas that i thought had healed somewhat, and have had pangs of existential dread through the day.

I still have lingering seismic PTSD too. We had a 7.1 at the end of November last year.

Is it just me, or are quakes becoming more frequent around the planet lately?

11 hours ago, ambergonk said:

I still have lingering seismic PTSD too. We had a 7.1 at the end of November last year.

Is it just me, or are quakes becoming more frequent around the planet lately?

To my knowledge they're happening all over the world and all the time, and attempts at reading into patterns even locally starts to be a subjective task. On the science side they can't quite say: we have been observing x amount of microquakes therefore there is y probability of z; it could be building up to nothing and just as likely a big one could come without warning.

But also on the building side, I'm still not reassured despite working in that industry.. As a design problem seismic forces are well understood in structural calculations.  And there exists technology proven to deal with strong seismic loads (base isolation, etc). But most developers won't invest in that because it's expensive, and will design to just meet code. (There is a good recent article in the ny times about base isolation if you're curious). Then the fact that I've lived in quite old buildings recently.. and the myriad variables such as soil conditions which can change over time etc.

@ambergonk Here is the article i mentioned https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/06/03/us/earthquake-preparedness-usa-japan.html

I also just read an article about the shallow earthquake(s) my first post were about> https://news.skyalert.mx/sismos-CDMX-sismologia?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=impresiones&utm_campaign=sismos_cdmx Here is a section translated that has me on edge> "Historically, the largest earthquake with epicenter within [mexico city] was recorded 16 years ago, with a magnitude of 4.0, so the occurrence of a major earthquake is unlikely. However, it should not be ruled out that a similar or greater one could occur due to the short time that the faults within the city have been studied with special instruments, 30 years."
30 years is literally nothing in geological time.. even 500 years ago.  Whats to say a shallow 7.0 couldnt just rip this whole place to shreds. ugh

On 7/16/2019 at 12:58 PM, Braintree said:

interested go on GIF

re: the towing debacle, basically I'm the caretaker for a small park. this girl left her vehicle here well after we had closed. gave every attempt i could at finding the owner, waited a few hours, then towed the car. she thinks there wasn't enough signage so she's suing me (there is a large sign that says, among other things, "park closes at dusk" and "overnight parking is prohibited"). w/e, I'm just the guy on site, i don't own the place. 

on a related note, dogs at this park have to stay leashed. There are multiple signs stating so. So I just asked a woman to leash her yippy hyper dog as there are lots of fawns nearby, and MAN she took that poorly. called me a dick, a bastard, a fucker, a fucking bastard, told me to get a life, and flipped me off three times. all i could really do was say "there's a sign right there. I'm just here to enforce the rules" and wave goodbye. I accidentally kinda flipped her off when i did it though, lol. betcha that one leaves a heck of a google review.

Edited by luke viia
  • Like 2