IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Every once in a while I kick myself for not buying rushup edge on vinyl. Should have would have could have

Edited by yekker

My password to get into the work system atm is Atfaz0liswithmybabe and while I usually have long passwords like this, this one is uniquely difficult to type and I get it wrong regularly.

37 minutes ago, yekker said:

Every once in a while I kick myself for not buying rushup edge on vinyl. Should have would have could have

I bought it when it came out and then lost it at someone elses house like a year later rip.

In college, one of my roommates/suite-mates had Rushup Edge on vinyl... but no turntable. He just hanged it on the wall like a picture. Such a fucking loser with one of the most punchable faces of all time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yekker said:

i've sold so much stuff that i regret. rushup edge for example. 

but my vinyl collection is also getting a bit out of hand and is far too big. it's gotten to the point that i don't really enjoy buying new records anymore because it feels like i'm adding to the problem. so i need to downsize a lot.. and things like rushup edge sell for a lot of money! i've had to change my mind set a bit on my record collection and now regard it a bit more as a revolving door collection, where nothing is permanent and things may come and go. the idea of hanging onto the collection for my whole life feels me with too much dread. so it's fun selling stuff. 

i regret selling autechre stuff more than i regret selling aphex twin stuff. 

or, i can at least justify selling aphex twin stuff because of the price tags associated with them. 

6 minutes ago, Candiru said:

In college, one of my roommates/suite-mates had Rushup Edge on vinyl... but no turntable. He just hanged it on the wall like a picture. Such a fucking loser with one of the most punchable faces of all time. 

fuck that cunt

i did a rip of rushup edge and compared it to the digis and couldn't tell any differences. there was the "extra warmths" on account of it being pressed on vinyl, and it was no doubt a nice pressing. but i didn't notice a massive world of difference on that one. 

it *was* 45rpm tho and you could play it slow though, which is fun. why i didn't do a rip of it at 33rpm is a regret. lol

made cuban black beans and rice.  rice a solid A.  beans a C on my gringo scale. now i have big pot of meiocre black beans to work into recipes all week.

• Sad 1

Weighed myself this morning. But my weight is unchanged from a month ago, despite having done two 6-day gym streaks in a row in the last two weeks. Ugh.

And this was after I'd shed 6 lbs (nearly 3 kilos) in the month of June. wtf

39 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

Weighed myself this morning. But my weight is unchanged from a month ago, despite having done two 6-day gym streaks in a row in the last two weeks. Ugh.

And this was after I'd shed 6 lbs (nearly 3 kilos) in the month of June. wtf

maybe you gained muscle? 

weightloss is something like 80% diet 20% exercise. i learned that right here on watmm

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ignatius said:

maybe you gained muscle? 

weightloss is something like 80% diet 20% exercise. i learned that right here on watmm

That's what I'm hoping, but I suspect there's room for improvement in my diet. Probably need to cut back on beer and peanut butter consumption.

Wouldn't be the first time I hit a road block like this tho

Not to derail the thread or split unnecessary hairs, but the conventional 80%/20% thing is a little misleading.

Most of what you get from exercise is that it suppresses hunger and also burns calories while you're at rest. You don't really burn that many calories when you work out (you wouldn't want to if you were wandering around the plains of Africa, chasing gazelle to death all day). There have also been studies that show you make better choices for your diet when you exercise. You will generally have a higher success rate for weight loss if you exercise vs. only changing your diet. So definitely keep it up, but you will also need to change your diet if you want to make a larger dent.

Getting mildly peeved by tiny irritants like pouring water into my cup and teabag and it sucking the string and paper tab in with it, then getting annoyed at myself for getting irritated by something so stupid. I need sleep.

More fun symptoms of tiredness:

• Impatience
  • Illusory 'hunger' that's really misinterpreted tiredness
  • Strange attraction to forbidden switches and levers like emergency brake/door release/fire alarm/...

Anyway what I came here to post: blew around one third of my monthly mobile data allowance on the second day of the month, watching some black metal documentary on YouTube thinking I was on Wi-Fi.

OH MY FUCKING GOD! Dealing with Adobe is the worst... it took them over a WEEK to approve my subscription to Adobe Premiere. A couple of hours after I had bought it I wrote them and told them that I wouldn't be needing it because it took too long for them to approve it. The girl at the support center told me that I would be refunded if they ended up charging me. Nice.
Well, lo and behold I was just charged and they've made a team subscription for me?! What the fuck?

On 8/3/2019 at 5:08 PM, manmower said:

More fun symptoms of tiredness:

• Strange attraction to forbidden switches and levers like emergency brake/door release/fire alarm/...

lol
that's where boredom and tiredness intersect I guess

fwp: dating in mid-thirties is strange as f###
last time a woman I went on a date with invited me to her family place at the seaside, but went out of the way to explain me it doesn't mean anything romantic... so far in fact I began thinking she might insinuating something... because when I jokingly said "cool, we're gonna sit around cafes in the old town centre and be each other's wingman" she gave me a disappointed look... But I always wanted a woman-wingman... this feminism thing is going nowhere, obviously.

I just discovered I'm out of toiletpaper and it's about 9 hours until a somewhat nearby shop opens. I had roti for dinner. It's gonna be an interesting night