IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Years ago I watched a short documentary on the monastery of Skellig St Michael, I was instantly obsessed about this place. It's the kind of place I love, it was also almost unknown and only a small trickle of visitors. Another huge selling point. Anyway year after year I put it off, always something else got in the way. You know where I'm heading with this don't you.

Yeah Luke Skywalker turns up! Now 180 people a day are dumped on the island within 1 hour and you must stick to the path and you must not do this and you must not go there, and you must stay in your group and their are marshals along the route who probably shout orders at you and prod you with light sabers. Fuck off you cunts. I'm irritated before even getting there. And if I had gone when I should of I would of had it too myself.

Oh dear am I kicking myself. Major first world problem in my book.

Edited by beer badger

On 8/23/2019 at 11:10 AM, chenGOD said:

The answer to this one (in context) is clearly American Psycho, go on to describe in great detail how you appreciate the scene where Patrick Bateman is explaining Huey Lewis and the News in depth to two hookers while also instructing them to eat ass. Then casually drop "Oh and the decapitation of his coworkers was great too".

Actually, he talks about Huey Lewis before he murders Paul Allen.  He talks about Whitney Houston when he's with the prostitutes.

1 hour ago, yekker said:

Realizing that most of the artists I listen to are from the UK and how much money I could save on records if I lived over there.

Cocaine (if you know the big fish) is also fairly cheap. Also if you drink in a shithole boozer you won't get charged over 4 quid a pint. Get a Bed and breakfast in slough, fucking happy days. Fill your room with records, cocaine and booze.

Personally I'd rather live in Canada where there are no records, no cocaine, and fairly cheap booze is alright. 

2 hours ago, beer badger said:

Cocaine (if you know the big fish) is also fairly cheap. Also if you drink in a shithole boozer you won't get charged over 4 quid a pint. Get a Bed and breakfast in slough, fucking happy days. Fill your room with records, cocaine and booze.

Personally I'd rather live in Canada where there are no records, no cocaine, and fairly cheap booze is alright. 

Cocaine in Canada is about the same as in the UK, and you can get decent pints here for about 4 quid. 

No records though. It’s a bit wank that way. 

12 hours ago, yekker said:

I never got into cocaine. I've tried it but i never liked how people act on it. :shrug:

Waste of money. Be glad you didn’t. 

what's that gonna be, around $100k usd? that's like 3x the cost of the most elite (production) bike on earth currently. boggles my brains, the difference.

14 hours ago, usagi said:

what's that gonna be, around $100k usd? that's like 3x the cost of the most elite (production) bike on earth currently. boggles my brains, the difference.

Yeah that would be about right for the price. Can't fit my whole family on a bike though, at least not one that can do 0-60 in 3.8s.

97 degrees today.. gonna be 99 tomorrow. came home from work today and my AC not working. yay!  at least the basement is cool. but wtf. of all days. 

Concerned that Ivan Ooze hasn't posted about the new Kanye album yet.  Hope he's doing okay.
Ha
Haven't heard it yet! Stoked for it though. Looked everwhere but all i seem to find on the internet are silly youtube rips from the album. Wanna hear it in good quality
  • Like 1

Came home to find a huge crack, covering about half of one of the largest windows in my place. It's the inside pane, must be a stress crack or something. Should be covered by my home insurance but that's going to be the second time this year I have to cough up the deductible.

Had to cut a musician from a project because his rhythm guitar playing was too sloppy.  This after a lot of back and forth transferring files from his studio to mine.  Guy must have put in a lot of hours because he did several versions before even sending one to me, and then I got him to resend them a couple times due to what I thought was the files being out of sync with the start of the instrumental I sent him.  Turns out his playing was just off to the point where I assumed the files were out of sync.  Anyway... I think his feelings got hurt, but there was just no way we could use what he did.  He did it for free too, as a favour for his friend, my client.  Damn skippy.  Now my client's got another guy, again with his own home studio, who we're entrusting to play it competently.  This project has been so annoying in part because almost all the actual recording has been done by friends of his in their own home studios, and it's a real mixed bag.  I'm used to dealing with musicians in person, where I can let them know if they're ahead/behind the beat/out of tune etc. -- oh yeah, these guitars were redone because the files from the other guitarist at the other studio were horribly out of tune.  I can only assume the next batch will be in perfect tune/time but with a tone so ghastly as to be unlistenable.

Also, never before have I had to devout so much time to email/phone convos as this project... guy rambles like crazy and gets confused by everything.  Shudder to think how many unpaid hours have gone into back and forth dialogue that goes almost nowhere.

Nice guy though.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1